Post by Populus »

Events never left!
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=59896
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Jay

Re: EVENTS ARE BACK!

Post by Jay »

are THEY actually back now?? is this a trick?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: AUTOMATED EVENTS ARE BACK!

Post by Roser »

Yes they are, you can see some sweet Double Dom, CTF, DM, LMS, Auto tourny action here....

The only game that has not made a return yet is the survival game - which hopefully will be ready soon.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

They're back and the population is at an all-time low :(

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Onslaught- wrote:They're back and the population is at an all-time low :(
All time low? Not even close. Shard has more than 2x the population it had when I joined.

Is population down? Certainly. No one is denying that. However, if half of the non-players (aka former players) who hang around the UOSA forums and IRC making requests for a shard they don't even play on decided to actually login and play UO, you'd have a populated shard.

On top of that, classic UO is riding on empty - it's been at the end of it's life for several years. No classic shard is thriving without adding modern gaming gimmicks used to bait people into playing for purely ego-boasting reasons.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Onslaught- wrote:
On top of that, classic UO is riding on empty
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Onslaught- wrote:- it's been at the end of it's life for several years. No classic shard is thriving without adding modern gaming gimmicks used to bait people into playing for purely ego-boasting reasons.
There's a ton of truth in that. T2A is a dead era, at least from the PvP standpoint. There's a group of shard hoppers who go from place to place and occasionally make stops at these, but they never last. The remainder of population sits peppered over 3 of the larger donation shards, and competition at those is a game of "who writes the better pvp script?".

The good ones come from a background in t2a.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Onslaught- wrote:They're back and the population is at an all-time low :(
All time low? Not even close. Shard has more than 2x the population it had when I joined.

Is population down? Certainly. No one is denying that. However, if half of the non-players (aka former players) who hang around the UOSA forums and IRC making requests for a shard they don't even play on decided to actually login and play UO, you'd have a populated shard.

On top of that, classic UO is riding on empty - it's been at the end of it's life for several years. No classic shard is thriving without adding modern gaming gimmicks used to bait people into playing for purely ego-boasting reasons.
Guardianknight actually made a really good point in another thread. His comment was based more around scammers etc but I'll add to his premise because it reigns true.

Events do not matter , content does not matter , .. At the end of the day the community is what makes UO free servers. The server is just the foundation for players to build or tear down. UOSA has been plagued by the most vocal I.e (forum and IRC dwellers ) being extremely negative towards the server. The ones whom played the game and enjoyed it seemed to be the least vocal of the bunch. Looking back at myself personally I had/have a great love for UOSA but I rarely got into IRC or contributed vocally which maybe was a mistake because I let all the negative voices outweigh that.

Anyone who followed IPY 1 will remember Azaroths main reason for shutting down was he felt once the population was lower he was only surrounded by sociopathic and broken personalities which became a detriment to his own mental stability.

All in all I think the main reason we do not see pop is simple , extremely simple. 1) our extremely niche population is now split which won't allow either situation to succeed fully
2) most importantly people who enjoyed t2a are older with jobs and kids . I would assume during UOSA peak time the average player age was in the 20s now we have jobs , wives , kids etc. if you look at some of the super popular free UO servers a big portion of that population is kids who never even played UO during OSI. Which is why those servers feel so far removed from what UO actually is.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Jay

Post by Jay »

or... they just brought back ae's a couple of days ago and still haven't done any marketing... leave it to the professionals lambert and get back in the field. I heard vega is better than you now anyways.

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Jay wrote:or... they just brought back ae's a couple of days ago and still haven't done any marketing... leave it to the professionals lambert and get back in the field. I heard vega is better than you now anyways.

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.
Prob right on Vega . I've participated in maybe half the events ? All that I could attend.

Comments were not intended to be that of a negative malicious nature. Apologize if they came off as such.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above