New to the Shard

Topics related to Second Age
Blade Spirit

New to the Shard

Post by Blade Spirit »

Hello everybody,

I'm Blade Spirit, from shard Europa.

I've played OSI servers only for literally ages; from 1999 to 2013.
My first char was a mage tamer, Valerius Vorloi; I really remember how hard it was to get GM taming back then. And how nightmares were valuables (less than 10 nightmares tamed on Europa untill 2002!!!!).
Then my char for which I'm best known was Blade Spirit. Pkers, fence archer with meditation; all about pvp, all about special moves (that required mana, hence meditation on a dexer :D). I played it literally for years; actively from 2000 to 2007, uninterruptly!! But all these days are now gone for me...

I remember all my adventurers companions, both friends and foes.
I try to name some, maybe some of them are here...

The great finnish band, Mani, Ohvo, Doctor Ecks, Maco, Harha, Pys, Duffy!!
The brits, Apache, Thain, Navar, Lookfar, Donnelly, Chop Suey, Semaj, Vic...
The italians, AKE, Azake, Seti, Rick Supercafone, Pinne, Zagortenay, Wanderer, Sir Bolo, Mormakil...
The others, Belgarion, Oxygen, Sandy...

Must look into my icq list for more :D

I clearly remember when all went wrong: P16, AoS.

Many great ideas after that but, to be honest, the best part of the game went missing.
I mean power scrolls may be ok; some new skills ok... but... (trammel? peerless bosses? samurai? elves? artifacts? super items? insurance? to name a few...).
The land became bigger and the people fewer. Characters became so strong that nobody ever needed anyone else anymore to play or compete. It all became an item factory; items that were insured, so that you actually wouldn't lose them on death!
Everything became easy. No risk vs. reward.

The real UO, is T2A. This is the game I always found as paramount to everything. This was the truth. I am glad to have seen it in its age of splendour. No game now can revive those feelings and new generations won't understand how it felt, cos they are used to fast and easy stuff, but surely not real. Well T2A felt fucking real!

Well, now I have doubled my age, and one tenthed my time, but I wanna give it a try.
I will simply play it easily and with no goal, just for the sake to do it.

Hope to see you in game :D

Blade Spirit

Bixby Legbone

Re: New to the Shard

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Welcome to the shard! Be sure to get in our irc if you want to chat with others.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Welcome to the shard. That's quite the story. I hope you find yourself having a good time on UOSA! Help is just a page away.

As Bix already said, IRC is a great tool here and can get you up to speed with some of the community rather quickly.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Blade Spirit

Post by Blade Spirit »

IRC...
Last time I used it I think it was back in 2005 :D
I'll try it :D
Anyway, how is the population?
I saw some 130 online. Not bad I think.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Blade Spirit wrote:IRC...
Last time I used it I think it was back in 2005 :D
I'll try it :D
Anyway, how is the population?
I saw some 130 online. Not bad I think.
Last night there was about 230 online. The shard reboots around 7:20am EST, so population for the first couple of hours can seem lower than it actually is because many people are asleep, at school, or at work.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Welcome to UOSA! I too hopped on the memory train about 40-45 days ago (originally Atlantic, but had some characters on Europa in the late 90’s). I’ve really been enjoying my time since I came back, and I hope you do too. There are lots of great people willing to help you out.. To the point it makes you uncomfortable, heh heh.

Good luck and enjoy your trip down memory lane. Lord knows I have. IRC is your friend. Type “/Nick Blade spirit” and it will change your handle on IRC to your character name. That way we can make the connection. I go by Eomin in IRC if you ever need anything.

Thanks,

Eomin/Varak
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

HAIL! and welcome to second age.

Pm me if you need starting pvp gear/silver weps exc.

plz bring your friendz!

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

fyi this shard runs on newb tears

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

You sir, have an amazing memory. Log in and find broken stuff please. Then report to the Era Acc forums.

I can barely remember who I saw yesterday! oO

Blade Spirit

Post by Blade Spirit »

LOL!

I remember a lot of things of early days in UO...

Remember stabling cats when I unstabled my dragon, just not to lose the parking slot! They were limited...

I remember looting air elementals in Shame to get scrolls for spell book, as air elementals had no corpse so scrolls would fall and not decay. All this with recall precasted in case I saw a pk :D

I remember gate travelling people at west brit bank for cash...

Pvping in C&O with 80ish swords/tact/anat...

Going to dungeons with lantern in hand...

Hunting water ellies at moonglow with boat to gather money...

God knows what else :D
I'll remember tho in a few days!

Yesterday I tried IRC. I couldn't change nick name!

Anyway I started a with 50 magery and 50 evalint.
Now I'm training animal taming, my first passion! I enjoy wondering around east brit so far, like in '99!
Nostalgia!!!

Thank you all for your welcome!

Volga

Post by Volga »

You should maybe remake to 50 Magery 50 Animal Taming

Evaluating Intelligence can be done with a macro, completely afk, and left on over night. Animal Taming will take you longer than any other skill on this shard, maybe tied with Lockpicking

Another option is for 50 Animal Taming 50 Resist, gaining Magery from an NPC.

I would highly suggest making a bard as your first character, or even a gatherer like Lumberjack. Make enough money to get a character to GM magery and then you can actually start to play the game.

I'd suggest checking out the wiki, but it seems to be down right now. The guide section has a lot of very insightful posts.

Enjoy your stay here on UOSA!
[13:37] <volga> ban escoo imo
[13:37] * Anarcho sets mode: +b escoo!*18cfc6e3@gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.207.198.227

Blade Spirit

Post by Blade Spirit »

In fact animal taming is quite a pain...
Anyway as for now it's really no problem :D
I'll take it easy and slowly!

Fagabeefe

Post by Fagabeefe »

Blade Spirit wrote:In fact animal taming is quite a pain...
Anyway as for now it's really no problem :D
I'll take it easy and slowly!
WELCOME!

I would definitely start a new guy with 50 taming, this will save you a lot of time. I have a house set up to help tamers get started, you can find the post here:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=57448

Send me a message if you have any questions or want a tour. I also loan out most size houses to new players until they can get on their feet - let me know if you need a place to stay.

Blade Spirit

Post by Blade Spirit »

Allright, I'm convinced.
I'll restart with 50 Magery 50 Taming.
I won't be active as I wish, being time almost non existant, however I'll try my best to keep in touch with people in game as much as possible!
When I log IRC, i'll call myself Blade Spirit, if available. Something similar if else.

Navar

Post by Navar »

Hello Blade Spirit,
welcome! Hope you will enjoy this fresh start :D

And i see you mentioned my name... just a little correction: i was in the Italian Team with Rick Supercafone :wink:

Cheers!

/Navar