UOSA Donor!!

Re: best fielders?

Post by Abyz »

Robbbb wrote:
Capitalist wrote:Robbbb there have only been 2 resolves to our fights:

1) You recall
2) You die

False.
Vega doesn't ever make shit up, mkay.... he'll give you specific numbers on both your gear and supplies for the last 15+ fights to make sure everyone knows his shit it legit. :lol:
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Yew Bastard

Post by Yew Bastard »

Yeah, everyone knows that field fighters are trash. #RedPotsOrYouSuck

bigbob

Post by bigbob »

List updated!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I believe one person is missing from that list.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

skynyrd2

Post by skynyrd2 »

Not to be negative but isn't that a list of pretty much every pvper around?

Fielding is such an arbitrary term . As it could be the best 1v1 er, the best group fighter, the best caller , the best at surviving ganks.. all of which need a degree of skill not necessarily measurable.

I havnt done much besides lurk for a very long time. All of those players are talented and I would/have fought beside all of them at one time.

Being able to consistently dish out damage , remain unpredictable , use the bag of tricks to his best , and survive the bag of tricks as well. For diversity in skill . Hands down, capitalist .

Capitalist
Farnk

If you're speaking of overall organized group functioning and consistency . Banks

Regardless all good players who bring a lot to the scene glad people are still pvping.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Yeah, Banks is solid.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Gork

Post by Gork »

skynyrd2 wrote:Not to be negative but isn't that a list of pretty much every pvper around?

Fielding is such an arbitrary term . As it could be the best 1v1 er, the best group fighter, the best caller , the best at surviving ganks.. all of which need a degree of skill not necessarily measurable.

I havnt done much besides lurk for a very long time. All of those players are talented and I would/have fought beside all of them at one time.

Being able to consistently dish out damage , remain unpredictable , use the bag of tricks to his best , and survive the bag of tricks as well. For diversity in skill . Hands down, capitalist .

Capitalist
Farnk

If you're speaking of overall organized group functioning and consistency . Banks

Regardless all good players who bring a lot to the scene glad people are still pvping.
Well if you read carefully the guy says ... based on what he has seen. Also, that is not a list of all the pvpers around, dont disrespect the up and commers. With all due respect

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Gork wrote:
skynyrd2 wrote:Not to be negative but isn't that a list of pretty much every pvper around?

Capitalist
Farnk

Well if you read carefully the guy says ... based on what he has seen. Also, that is not a list of all the pvpers around, dont disrespect the up and commers. With all due respect
True... the 14 participant, no notice red pot and field tournaments this weekend were proof of that.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

my thing with invis and teleport is if I am fighting a stocked dexxer I don't know what else to do other then invis and teleport. Or house hump all day, especially if they are using teleport, and a stocked dexxer is using teleport.

If I am fighting a good tank mage, now days (or when I last played*), I won't use reactive armor, teleport or invis, but if I think I will be looted I am going to run around objects/buildings. Just running around is one thing, but 'pillar humping' you know the person wants to live :lol: . I think at the point of doing that you've lost, the other guy won.

But yeah if its a 2v1 I am using invis, and teleport. Or if its a stocked dexxer.
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

Chicanery

Post by Chicanery »

Field play gets expensive if you want to compete at a high level.

If you think about it, the individual who is stocked the best and has the most charges is in the best position to win.

On a deeper dive, if two relatively competent people stick it out to the end, whoever wins will not have a positive net position after looting the opponents sulfer ash and cure pots.

Therefore, you make friends, and snipe people with chain lightning. No reflect or invisiblility is going to protect you from that. More importantly your net position after looting is significantly better.

So whoever has that mindset and gets creative has my vote.