Re-Introducing: King's Crossing Auction House!

Topics related to Second Age
Onslaught-

Re-Introducing: King's Crossing Auction House!

Post by Onslaught- »

We'll be holding live auctions for a variety of items including; magic items, rare items, real estate, and more. Our auctions will be hosted on the first Wednesday of each month! The next live auction will be hosted on Wednesday, April 5th!

I've been looking for something to do with the King's Crossing tower and this is something that will both benefit the community and players alike. My inspiration for doing this comes from my home OSI server and a place called RedDevil's Auction House. RD's was a huge hit when I played on Great Lakes and the players loved it.

So how will this work? It's actually quite simple. Throughout the week, players will give me items to sell, along with their bottom-line price as a starting bid. These items will be stored in secures until Tuesday evening when they're put on auction. Once the auction starts, I'll place the item for sale on a displaying table, along with a short description and the starting bid. Players will then bid on the item until no other bids are made. Once the last bid has been given, the winner of the auction has from that point until the end of the night to go get the proper funds together. Once you have the funds together, you pay the auctioneer, you receive the item you paid for, and the item seller gets paid via the auctioneer.
Consumer Informaton:

- The auction house will be open from 8PM to 9PM EST on the first Wednesday of each month. We will only be hosting 25 items per auction so each player is limited to a maximum of 5 entries each month, unless otherwise noted. One entry could be one item, or a combination package of items. The limit on entries is based on the time allotted for the auction itself.

- Our auction sales list will be kept private each week. You will not know what is being sold until the auction actually takes place.

- Have your funds ready! Do not bid if you cannot afford it!

- If you don't think you have the funds to purchase the auction items, vendors will be available to cover the rest!

- If you're planning on bidding on any item, be sure you are in a chair on the roof. They are not just there for decoration. If you are not in a chair, there is no guarantee i will be able to see your bid due to the distance limit on text.

- If you are bringing deeds to the auction house, be sure not to put them in any kind of container, except your main inventory.

- All transaction of items will take place in a secured location @ 9PM EST'ish.
Seller Information:

- The auction house will be open from 8PM to 9PM EST on the first Wednesday of each month. We will only be hosting 25 items per auction so each player is limited to a maximum of 5 entries each month, unless otherwise noted. One entry could be one item, or a combination package of items. The limit on entries is based on the time allotted for the auction itself.

- To put your item(s) up for auction, simply contact me (Onslaught) via forum PM, Discord PM, or on mIRC.

- No items will be entered on the day of the auction, so plan your time accordingly. If you wish to sell items at KCAH, use the other 28+ days of the month to get the items to me.

- Variety! Each week we need a variety of items. People don't want to sit through and bid on 14 different vanquishing weapons, or 28 bloody bandages, etc. Make your auctions legendary. Do not just submit any random item(s), make the sale worthwhile to the consumers!

- Your goods will be safe. I am the only player with access to the secures in the tower and it will remain that way. My reputation on this server over the last 9 years is impeccable and will remain to be that way.

- Unlike RedDevil's Auction House, the establishment will not be taking a percentage cut of your sale. Tips will not be declined, but they will never be required.

- The vendors at KCAH will never sell any of the items being auctioned. Example, we will not be vendoring magic items, rares, or anything else that might interfere with an auction.

- Gold and item exchange will be taking place @ 9PM'ish EST, on the first Wednesday of each month, after the auction. If this conflicts with your schedule, I have no issues holding your gold or item(s) until you are available to retrieve either.

- Minimum bid increase set to 1000gp.

- If your item(s) would have no buyers, you can either collect your item(s), or we can auction them again, two weeks from the auction date at which they initially did not sell.
As for the rest of you, this is Ultima Online, I understand that. I'm also fully aware that there might be some quaking of the earth and the tossing of glass bottles full to the brim of an explosive purple liquid. There will be precautions made for such criminal activities. The house will not be clearing ban lists either.

If you are not interested in buying or selling, we do have a guildstone setup for anyone interested in keeping the peace on Tuesday evenings at KCAH. If you're interested, you simply need to contact me via PM or mIRC.

As we get more experienced with the auctioneering process, policies and rules will be updated as needed.

Last edited by Onslaught- on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Capitalist

Re: Introducing: King's Crossing Auction House!

Post by Capitalist »

Does this start tomorrow?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Capitalist wrote:Does this start tomorrow?
Thanks to the brilliant staff here on UOSA, Moongates will be open @ 8PM EST on Tuesday evenings starting next week (1/19/2016) @ West Britain. Hope to see everyone there!
<3

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Twas for those of us who are bad at reading essays <3
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Do u have a no reserve section?

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Mens Rea wrote:Do u have a no reserve section?
If you mean reserve pricing, there won't be a reserve price on any item. Once it goes up for bidding, its final.

Zong

Post by Zong »

From my experience at RedDevil's AH on GL, if you cast telekinesis on the fruit basket, you will be banned.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Zong wrote:From my experience at RedDevil's AH on GL, if you cast telekinesis on the fruit basket, you will be banned.
lol, i will not be publicly displaying items that can be griefed. Thanks for the headsup though, miss you <3

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

This looks amazing!
Will we know a list of items that are going on auction beforehand?

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Raefon wrote:This looks amazing!
Will we know a list of items that are going on auction beforehand?
You will never have a list of items being sold prior to the auction.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Still have room for the upcoming auction on Tuesday. If you're interested in selling, contact me before then.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Last day to get your items in for this week. Contact me via IRC or forum PM before Tuesday if you're interested.

Cromwell
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Cromwell »

The auction will be starting soon. Please disregard the crier's 2:30:00 cry.

This should be a good way to publicly establish pricing on some goods.
"The Finest Arms, Armor, and Service. UBB."

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Excellent Turn out! got some items for a good deal and bought some others for a bit more ^^

keep it going!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

ons r champ