Re-Introducing: King's Crossing Auction House!

Topics related to Second Age
Onslaught-

Re: Re-Introducing: King's Crossing Auction House!

Post by Onslaught- »

Next Auction is on April 5th, you can submit items at anytime when I'm online!

I might consider just dropping the starting bid on items. Reasons being, it entices people to show up to the auction to possibly snatch an amazing deal (had a few of those tonight!) and it keeps us from wasting time with starting bids that are just too high for people to bid on.

What do you guys think?

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Well, the automated event snatched your events action. Some items are artificially high due to ..... habit, basically. Those were bizarre to watch not sale. The item "sets" in the bags are genius. It struck me as an event were a player could decorate their house easily after attending. The high end items were great. I actually got some random items I didn't have. Only complaint is the lack of diversity in products. They were all rares.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Taboo wrote:Well, the automated event snatched your events action. Some items are artificially high due to ..... habit, basically. Those were bizarre to watch not sale. The item "sets" in the bags are genius. It struck me as an event were a player could decorate their house easily after attending. The high end items were great. I actually got some random items I didn't have. Only complaint is the lack of diversity in products. They were all rares.
That happens sometimes, I'll look for more of a diverse selection next time. I had a week to get that together so i was a bit rushed. I'll have more time now before the next one though!

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

I think lowering the starting bid would only work if there were reserves allowed.

For example, if somebody wanted to sell and item that normally goes for a tower deed, and half the rich people at the auction already have that item, and don't care to spend nearly half a mil on what would be their 2nd of that item... and so you drop the starting bid to a patio, and it sells for a patio+small, the owner of that item (selling) would be rather ticked off to see somebody run away with it for 1/2 of what it is worth.

I know you could beg to argue that if NOBODY is willing to pay the tower deed, then it is NOT worth the tower deed. But I don't think that is the case; a small population of people at an auction does not necessarily define the value of what an item would sell for on the forums, for example. Many people have tons of items they could post/sell on the forums one by one, but the auction style is FUN. I'd bet some people submitted items for sale, for the fun of it, not because that item was really burning a hole in their pocket and they needed to sell it.

Granted, the benefit of an auction is that you know you can sell the item, and have a group of buyers already around to bid, and the sense of urgency for placing the bid and winning the item. It also saves time versus posting things on the forums, with pictures, checking the posts, etc..

I think a different solution would be for you (Onslaught) to help recommend that sellers start out with a lower starting bid. For example, let's say I submit an Eagle trophy from Barrage of Wizards event, and I want to start it out at 110k, based on the notion that it is worth 10 silver @ 11k each. Perhaps you suggest that while my notion is sound, that I start it out at 2x-small deeds to get a couple of bidders interested, because buying it for under 100k (10 silver @ 10k each) is a steal...

Just my suggestion! As long as your submitters know the rules before they submit, fair game!
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

Oh and yeah, Taboo makes a very good point. I had to dual client deathmatch, especially because it was a low entry so my chance at a trophy there was higher. Who knows what items I missed out on! And, I was late to the auction too *shakes head* - and I still bought 3 things!

I think with enough Notice, Boom/Anarcho could edit the automated event(s) to work with the auction. In fact, they may even be able alter it to have the respective event take place 30 minutes before the auction. Then the player base online, could remind everyone OF the auction taking place just after the event.

...the more the merrier!

OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

This coming week is the next Auction! If you have items, submit them before Wednesday!

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Auction this week postponed until the following week, April 12th, @8PM EST.

We need more items submitted, people!

farnk

Post by farnk »

i bet if you auctioned all your ghouls touch charges instead of spamming them in the field like a pussy, people would buy them

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

farnk wrote:i bet if you auctioned all your ghouls touch charges instead of spamming them in the field like a pussy, people would buy them
:lol:
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

farnk wrote:i bet if you auctioned all your ghouls touch charges instead of spamming them in the field like a pussy, people would buy them
But then what would you cry about?!

Also, target your hatred towards Vega, hes my supplier. I just put them to good use!

farnk

Post by farnk »

Onslaught- wrote:

Also, target your hatred towards Vega, hes my supplier. I just put them to good use!
you've been playing this game how long and the best you can do is play a ghouls touch spamming dexxer, shut the fuck up lol

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

farnk wrote:
Onslaught- wrote:

you've been playing this game how long and the best you can do is play a ghouls touch spamming dexxer, shut the fuck up lol
Man, i havent logged into the game and actually played in well over a month. Get over it. The likelihood of me actually logging on and using said GT weapons is very slim right now.

I would not say using GT weapons is the "best I can do". I do it because GT is phenomenal in team-fights and because it weeds out the flock of scrubs who can't be bothered enough to carry pouches.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Gonna be a sweet auction Wednesday, everyone show up if you can!

killaboy

Post by killaboy »

Looking forward to this. First one ill be attending since my return!

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

Next auction June 7th?