blocking a dragon

Topics related to Second Age
randale

blocking a dragon

Post by randale »

I'm told you can use an object to block in a Dragon, like in Covetous with the gazers, but what? I tried blocking in some dragons once in my house and if they walk into a non-locked down it, they destroy it. I guess this won't happen with some objects?

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: blocking a dragon

Post by Soma »

Hidden alts work if you only need 1-2 tiles blocked
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

randale

Post by randale »

Soma wrote:Hidden alts work if you only need 1-2 tiles blocked
Think I'll need 2 blocked at least, so they can't go north or east, but in this case I'll need 4 (and you can only have 3 accounts) one to control the drags, one to block east, one to block north and one to collect and deposit the gold from the gazers.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

There is a spot at gazers where you can place your dragons and only use one hidden alt to hold them in. You must not command them and leave them in "all stop mode" or else they will fly over your hidden character.

The spot is on the NE side of the pond up against the water.

Orphea

Post by Orphea »

Edited...
Last edited by Orphea on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

So very true. I just lost a lot of stuff in my stable... I mean tower from dragons. Hidden alts work best to block them so they don't run everywhere.

randale

Post by randale »

Does a sextant work in a dungeon, I wonder if I could try it, go to the places and see the exact positions

Edit: just found out they don't from an old post here, oh well.

Anyway, I think I know the two spots, here's the turret spot (where you gate to and sit with your dragons)

And here's the hider spot

The rock there means you don't need a third person, have the third collect the gold :)

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

You actually don't need your tamer to sit there, you can use your tamer to collect the gold. Enjoy!
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

randale

Post by randale »

Aeris wrote:You actually don't need your tamer to sit there, you can use your tamer to collect the gold. Enjoy!
As Rose was saying I need to leave them in all stop mode, but if I do this, how will they breathe at the gazers? For that, wouldn't I need to use all guard me or all kill?

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

I never had a problem with leaving them in follow mode after gating them in. There was this one time where they managed to somehow teleport across my hidden character, but that was super weird and it only happened once. I would just gate them in, wait for them to aggress the gazer, and then walk away from them. The tamed dragons automatically aggress the elder gazer, no need to say "all kill."

When gating dragons back to the stable, I recommend standing on the tile next to them (one of the corner tiles beside both the dragons and your hidden character), opening a gate, then stepping away from the dragons so that your gate is separating you from your dragons. Then say "all follow me" 5 or 6 something times, then double click the gate; don't step into the gate. If you don't double click the gate, then when you move to walk through the gate, since it's on the tile right next to the dragons, some of them could go out of follow mode to attack the gazer again (until tames are on the tile next to their master, they remain in follow mode indefinitely).

That might be hard to understand reading it described on a forum. Just play the game, you'll figure out the mechanics as you go. Yeah you'll probably die a few times and lose some dragons, but that's how you learn and get better. Just use 6-10 dragons starting out. You'll have to keep them healed, but if you're not comfortable with the mechanics, and you bring 40 dragons your first time, you'll probably just lose them. I'd rather lose 8 dragons than 40 until I learn everything.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Aeris wrote:all the secrets
Aeris is super knowledgeable and has like 10 tamers accross his 3 accounts. Once, he told me a GM tamer of his only had short sleeve newbie shirt but he really wanted a long sleeve newbie shirt. So he deleted that GM tamer and created another.

So yea, or something.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

Dragons will only walk over a hidden character, in my experience, if they get the all follow me or all stop command while trapped. It is best imo to gate them all in (following you) and make them all stay once there. I believe its when a pet finishes combat (eg an elder gazer attacking your pet) that it can revert back to the last command received. If you are standing visible on the other side of a hidden char, and the dragon was on follow mode before fighting the gazer, he will "receive" the command to follow you again when combat ends. The action of him "renewing" his "all follow me" can cause him to step over a hidden char.
Also, fire breath happens regardless if you tell them to attack or not, and they will attack monsters and murderers alike automatically. If you have enough dragons on one spot, the time it takes for the dragons to attack a monster or murderer seems close to instant. A dragon will always use fire breath if it is fighting, regardless if it is tamed or following commands. TIP: Dragon breath damage is not hindered by town guards like spells are. The damage of it's breath is determined by it's HP. A single fully healed dragon can dragon breathe someone for 50+ HP, even from a decent distance.

I like to stand in the same spot they gated into with them, and spam all stay a few times. After that, it is usually safe to teleport to collect gold or just push through the hidden char with your tamer, and without your dragons getting out.

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

Also, if you lock the boxes down before letting your drags loose, they wont breakk all of your stuff and it will trap them for awhile ^^^

randale

Post by randale »

JBURNS wrote:Also, if you lock the boxes down before letting your drags loose, they wont breakk all of your stuff and it will trap them for awhile ^^^
Yes, but I can't lock something down OUTSIDE my house. So, it wouldn't work to block dragons anywhere else.
When gating dragons back to the stable, I recommend standing on the tile next to them (one of the corner tiles beside both the dragons and your hidden character), opening a gate, then stepping away from the dragons so that your gate is separating you from your dragons.
So, like a tile diagonally (walking northeast?) If I can do that, couldn't the drags? (or another toon that could get in and mess with the drags) if they can they can wander away, which I don't want.

Then when gating them out I say all follow, they walk through the gate (since it's the only tile they can walk to in-between me and them) Or just double click the gate to enter it and they'll all instantly go through it with me?

I'll need to walk around collecting the gold, I wanted to teleport across the pond, but if I can walk diagonally, I could over there too.

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Aeris wrote:I never had a problem with leaving them in follow mode after gating them in. There was this one time where they managed to somehow teleport across my hidden character, but that was super weird and it only happened once. I would just gate them in, wait for them to aggress the gazer, and then walk away from them. The tamed dragons automatically aggress the elder gazer, no need to say "all kill."

When gating dragons back to the stable, I recommend standing on the tile next to them (one of the corner tiles beside both the dragons and your hidden character), opening a gate, then stepping away from the dragons so that your gate is separating you from your dragons. Then say "all follow me" 5 or 6 something times, then double click the gate; don't step into the gate. If you don't double click the gate, then when you move to walk through the gate, since it's on the tile right next to the dragons, some of them could go out of follow mode to attack the gazer again (until tames are on the tile next to their master, they remain in follow mode indefinitely).

That might be hard to understand reading it described on a forum. Just play the game, you'll figure out the mechanics as you go. Yeah you'll probably die a few times and lose some dragons, but that's how you learn and get better. Just use 6-10 dragons starting out. You'll have to keep them healed, but if you're not comfortable with the mechanics, and you bring 40 dragons your first time, you'll probably just lose them. I'd rather lose 8 dragons than 40 until I learn everything.