Is this shard losing it's steam

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Re: Is this shard losing it's steam

Post by randale »

SaibotMK wrote:
randale wrote:though, I have to say it has been quite beneficial to me in some ways, less pkers, can farm and macro in peace.
Where do you typically farm?
Not gonna say where, but I'll tell I have done it overnight/graveyard shift a few times. Anyone in the world can play on this server, but I'm guessing most are in North America where they'd be asleep at that time.

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

randale wrote:
SaibotMK wrote:
randale wrote:though, I have to say it has been quite beneficial to me in some ways, less pkers, can farm and macro in peace.
Not gonna say where, but I'll tell I have done it overnight/graveyard shift a few times. Anyone in the world can play on this server, but I'm guessing most are in North America where they'd be asleep at that time.
Uhm not that I play anymore but some of us are crack heads and stay up pretty late playing video games on occasion. One can only be at so many places farming with them dragons.
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

randale

Post by randale »

SaibotMK wrote:
randale wrote:
SaibotMK wrote:
Uhm not that I play anymore but some of us are crack heads and stay up pretty late playing video games on occasion. One can only be at so many places farming with them dragons.
I've stayed up literally all night playing, not that I recommend anyone do so.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

redeodrik wrote:
Eastwood wrote: who're

Worst contraction attempt ever.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

morgan1109 wrote:The shard isn't dying. The age is testament to that. There's just too many people with too much invested to allow that to happen.

The shard has peaked. The shard went on a long and steady decline when automated events were removed. It eventually leveled off, and stayed fairly consistent since.

While the shard isn't dying, the shard hasn't grown in a meaningful way for a very long time either. It won't grow unless something changes to bring people back in. It's that simple. Until then, the shard is what it is. It will likely continue posting middle to low 100's at peak.

The best way to grow the shard is to change. I'd recommend adding back the thing the drove most of the players to leave for other shards. Outside of heavy advertising (which costs money the shard doesn't have), it is the most likely way to get the subscriptions count back up.
the server was on a decline before that runuo shows this decline before it @_@ BLAME AUTO EVENTS BEING REMOVED AND ADDED THE ONLY FACTOR THAT CHANGES SERVER POP @_@ not that other 50 things that really happened
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

UO is T2A is dying quickly. Recently the activity on this server is exceeding expectations. If you look at the current state of UO Freeservers and not past history of the server Boom has actually done quite remarkable job.

However considering before joining the server the first place people will look is the Forums, the first place in the forums they will look is General Discussion. This is a terrible thread to have on the first page.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Dragor
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Dragor »

Lambo wrote:UO is T2A is dying quickly. Recently the activity on this server is exceeding expectations. If you look at the current state of UO Freeservers and not past history of the server Boom has actually done quite remarkable job.

However considering before joining the server the first place people will look is the Forums, the first place in the forums they will look is General Discussion. "This is a terrible thread to have on the first page".
I agree

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Taboo wrote:
redeodrik wrote:

What thread are you quoting?
Catskills 97-99

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Eastwood wrote:
Taboo wrote:
redeodrik wrote:

What thread are you quoting?
This post:
redeodrik wrote:
Eastwood wrote:I enjoyed this server when it was thriving, I'm inactive now

I think the big issue is that classic Ultima Online was niche to begin with, and after being around for a few years, many thousands of those people beat the game in their own minds, myself included. We did things we could not do on OSI servers when we were kids, teenagers, whatever.

It really doesn't help now that the populate is this low, there is no excitement, mostly cynicism in the player base that is the most vocal.
You're exactly right. Part of the issue is this server can't chagne because it's T2A-only. The reason people want events and similar is because they want something different. This is why people go to other servers or other MMO's. Another reason is other servers are more friendly to people who don't wnat PvP or don't wnat to be ganked. But lets face it, a number of us who're drawn to this server don't wnat it to be friendly. We like that era because you were exposed to danger and had to learn survival skills. We're just dying as a population because, be it as it may, there're laws of nature which must be obeyed.

Events are back now but I don't think that changes what I say above.

Can't they keep this server alive and networked and also make a new one where they can add new content and new things? All the work put into making this server accurate is worth preserving, but the future... What about it? Maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe this server is fine no matter how low hte population is. I just wnated to ask.

I occasionally check and respond to threads via iPhone, and it can be glitchy. Anyway, it technically should be whom are. This makes who're an improper contraction that looks like the word whore. :roll:

..... as in, "a number of us whore drawn to this server don't want it to be friendly".

Blood

Post by Blood »

I love this community and even when not actively playing I enter the forums or roam around almost weekly. I have seen a reduced amount of players playing the game. Is there a plan or have the admins discussed what will happen if this trend continues?

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Blood wrote:I love this community and even when not actively playing I enter the forums or roam around almost weekly. I have seen a reduced amount of players playing the game. Is there a plan or have the admins discussed what will happen if this trend continues?

UOSA lives forever ever ever ever
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Ya the events are back up, I'm gonna be logging on when I can in the near future.

We need a mass email sent out to all previous account holders on forums and in game to get the word out. I've already seen a small resurgence. UO is fun, players will play if there's players to play with.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Kabal wrote:Ya the events are back up, I'm gonna be logging on when I can in the near future.

We need a mass email sent out to all previous account holders on forums and in game to get the word out. I've already seen a small resurgence. UO is fun, players will play if there's players to play with.
Send PMs to anyone you ever played against.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

plain and simple this shard needs pvp, If Pvp comes back in the picture, we create an economy for the Tmapper, MIB'ers, etc. I got a hot key for invis items, i guess its time for me to learn how to throw purp pots, use tele rings and reflect. Time to take up teams! Guild it up!

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Remove the LOS bug and people will come back