A few questions from a returning player.

Topics related to Second Age
PlatinumPterodactyl

A few questions from a returning player.

Post by PlatinumPterodactyl »

Hi, the forum wouldn't allow me to post in the new players section so I'll post here.

I played UO several years ago on Hestia, then Atlantis, then World At War.
I'm very excited to try this shard tomorrow, as it seems to maintain the 'old' game state, without all the whistles and bells that are ruining the new shards.
I tried playing on a shard a few months ago and it was just a clutter of portals, clickable junk everywhere, pointless sprites giving me borderline seizures.

Anyway, I had a few questions and it's almost 7 AM so I'm going to read up on this shard tomorrow and hope that a few of these can be answered by then.

♦Does this shard have treasure bags or unique loot such as jewelry to boost crafting stats?
♦Have the skill upgrades been enhanced at all, or does it still follow the same % change to level as before? Such as mining, blacksmithing...I don't mind grinding a bit, just hope it isn't 8+ hrs per 100 skill >.>
♦What would the general consensus be on getting gold quickly for a new player so I can level some skills without living in fear of seeing a lone gold pixel in my backpack?

Thank you kindly, I'm happy to return to this game!

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: A few questions from a returning player.

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

PlatinumPterodactyl wrote:♦Does this shard have treasure bags or unique loot such as jewelry to boost crafting stats?
Lol, no idea what these things are... And no
PlatinumPterodactyl wrote:♦Have the skill upgrades been enhanced at all, or does it still follow the same % change to level as before? Such as mining, blacksmithing...I don't mind grinding a bit, just hope it isn't 8+ hrs per 100 skill >.>
Skill upgrades? No
PlatinumPterodactyl wrote:♦What would the general consensus be on getting gold quickly for a new player so I can level some skills without living in fear of seeing a lone gold pixel in my backpack?

Mine ingots, chop trees, or make a bard. These seem to be the most popular as I can tell.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

This is the UO equivalent of the modern game Rust. Or vice versa. None of that neon crap :D

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

You can have up to 3 accounts so i would recommend a smith/miner or tailor on one to get the gold flowing, dexer and bard on the other 2 accounts. This server is 225 stat cap/700 skill cap. If you got any other questions where you would like quick answers i recommend joining the #secondage IRC Chat. Tab is at the top.

Brules

Post by Brules »

If you need a small house to live in while you get started, check out the $$$ New player housing thread stickied above!

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Guides Forum and Master Guide List; our Wiki needs a little re-work in places, but there's stuff in there that is true. Some useful articles from in-era Stratics have been captured by The Wayback Machine (navigate via the side-bar).

Have a question not addressed? Ask.

Carry on.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.