What Hotkeys do you use

Topics related to Second Age
morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What Hotkeys do you use

Post by morgan1109 »

I do have a stop macro hot key, but your point on timing is very well received. I probably rely too heavily on harm for my interrupts. It probably is holding me back a bit. My harm’s weren’t reliably hitting when I was manually targeting using the last target key bound to my mouse. That’s why I switched over to auto targeting. In reality I probably should of just worked on my timing more
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

randale

Post by randale »

You need to check queue last target and target self. You do that and you will not see a crosshair. You cast a spell, it's going to charge and drop on the target automatically.
Ok, so......I cast the spell, then hit my last target hotkey while it's casting? Or, do I hit the last target hotkey, then cast the spell.

So, let's say there's a grey I want to target, I use my hotkey for "target nearest grey" then I have him/her/it targeted, then last target, cast spell, and the spell is on the target without a crosshair.

And, what's the difference between the last target hotkey and the set last target hotkey?

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

randale wrote:
You need to check queue last target and target self. You do that and you will not see a crosshair. You cast a spell, it's going to charge and drop on the target automatically.
Ok, so......I cast the spell, then hit my last target hotkey while it's casting? Or, do I hit the last target hotkey, then cast the spell.

So, let's say there's a grey I want to target, I use my hotkey for "target nearest grey" then I have him/her/it targeted, then last target, cast spell, and the spell is on the target without a crosshair.

And, what's the difference between the last target hotkey and the set last target hotkey?
The 'Last Target' hot key will execute your current last target. So if you want to throw a purple pot, drop a charged spell, use a skill etc, you use Last Target.

Basically the ways a Last Target becomes a Last Target is by the following:
1. Using Set Last Target itself
2. Attacking a target, so if you target nearest grey, then hit Attack Last Target or cast a spell using the nearest grey hot key, then that target will now be set as a Last Target.

In combat if you don't attack last target or cast a spell on a said target you haft to set it as last target using 'Set Last Target'. In combat you don't really need to use Set Last Target, you can use target nearest hot keys, then hit your Attack Target hot key or cast a spell with a targeting hot key to set that said target as the Last Target.

Then to heal friends/teammates, you can set them as Absolute Targets and hot key that by running a macro healing them, then stopping the macro, deleting the spell in the macro leaving just the Absolute Target.
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

Swunk

Post by Swunk »

Here's the stuff that I like to have bound.

Targets

Attack Last Target (Last Combatant does have its benefits though!!), Set Last Target, Last Target, Target Self

Then I'll have 2-3 targets I use depending on what I'm doing at the time or whatever it is that I am anticipating. The targets I like to bind are: Target Closest Grey, Murderer, Enemy, Innocent, Friendly.

Spells

Harm, Magic Arrow, Fireball, Lightning, Poison, Mind Blast, Energy Bolt, Explosion

Weakness, Feeblemind, Clumsy

Teleport, Wall of Stone, Invisibility

Skills

Just whatever skill I happen to use all the time. For me those skills are: meditation, poisoning, provocation.

Arm/Dress

Gnarled Staff/Wand of Item Identification, Lightning, Greater Heal
Clothing/Jewelry of Invisibility, Spell Reflection

1-4 different weapons.. depending on what I am doing, anticipating and playing as

Macros

Double Click: Dagger, EV (Scroll), Fish Steak, Fishing Pole, Flame Strike (Scroll), Invisibility (Ring), Lockpick, Moongate, Scissors, Shovel, Teleportation (Ring)

Other: House ban, House enter, Mount/Dismount refresh

Misc. Razor

Last Object, Show/hide Map Window, All Names, Use Item in Hand, Bandage Self, Potions (6 keys), 2 different restock agents (for pulling items from dungeon/treasure chests), Use Once Agent

Stuff Bound In-Game

Paste, Always Run On/Off, Circle of Transparency On/Off, Vendor Buy Bank Guards thing, Journal, Chat, Overview, Lock down and Release..

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Every key is tele reflect invis recall

KEYBOARD SMASH

WIN PvP

IRC

RINSE

REPEAT