What Hotkeys do you use

Topics related to Second Age
randale

What Hotkeys do you use

Post by randale »

I'm going to put most of them here, but you don't have to, mainly I'm just wondering if this is a good setup/to get advice/and what would be good for pvp. Is there anyway to target a player/mob, then use a hotkey to cast a spell on them. For example, if I use my hotkey for target nearest grey it will do so, but then once I have them targeted and I use Ctrl-P for paralyze it will cast the spell, then bring up the targeting cursor. I don't want it to bring up the cursor, I want it to automatically cast it on the person I have as my current target (and other spells) is this possible?

Agents

Use Once Agent Alt-W

Dress

Toggle invis bracelet Ctrl-D

Items

Potions:

Drink Str-Ctrl+F1
Drink Heal-Ctrl+F2
Drink Cure-Ctrl+F3
Drink Agility-Ctrl+F4
Drink Refresh-Ctrl+F5

Use Bandage Alt-X
Use Item in Hand Alt+F8

Macros

all follow- F9
all guard-F11
all kill-F10
all stay-F12
Play automining (hit last spot over and over)-Shift Q
say bank-F3
guards-F4
Play Invis Self-Ctrl+I
Play lockdown-F6
Play Use loom-Alt+F2
Play loom wool-Alt+F4
Play recall to vesper bank-F7
Play- I wish to release this-F5
Play- Spin cotton-Alt+F!
Play- Spin wool-Alt+F3
Play- Taming Drags-Ctrl+Y
Play- Use Dagger-F8
Play-Vendor buy-F1
Play-Vendor Sell-F2
Play- Walk through Gate- Shift+F1

Misc

Last Object- Alt+A

Skills

Animal Lore- Alt+L
Hiding-Alt+H
Meditation-Alt+M
Provocation-Alt+P

Spells

Cure- Ctrl+C
Magic Trap-Alt+Y
Telekinesis- Alt+T
Teleport- Ctrl+T
Greater Heal-Alt+V
Lightning- Ctrl+L
Recall- Ctrl+R
Blade Spirits- Alt+B
Paralyze-Ctrl+P
Dispel-Alt+D
Energy Bolt-Alt+E
Mark-Ctrl-M
FlameStrike- Alt+F
Gate Travel- Alt+G
Air Elemental- Ctrl+A
Energy Vortex-Ctrl+V
Fire Elemental-Ctrl+F
Resurrection- Alt+R
Summon Daemon- Ctrl+D

Targets

Next Target- Shift+F
Target Closest Criminal-Ctrl+F7
Target Closest Innocent-Ctrl+F6
Target Closest Murderer-Ctrl+F8
Target Self- Shift-H

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What Hotkeys do you use

Post by SaibotMK »

Make a Enable/Disable razor hot key
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

randale

Post by randale »

SaibotMK wrote:Make a Enable/Disable razor hot key
what does that do? It doesn't shut off razor does it? Because I don't want it shut off.

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

randale wrote:
SaibotMK wrote:Make a Enable/Disable razor hot key
what does that do? It doesn't shut off razor does it? Because I don't want it shut off.
I imagine Baalxx suggest a disable/enable hot key button so you wouldn't have to use as many hot keys w Ctrl / alt / shift . You can set hot keys to your regular keys on the keyboard and still be able to type in game when you periodically turn your hot keys off. It doesn't shut off razor it just shuts off your key bindings for a moment if you need to type in game.

Hot keys are all a preference, and no two people will feel comfortable with the same set up. It has a lot to do with your hand position/hand size as well.

If I could make one suggestion it would be to bind some of the important spells (that you need quickly in pvp) without Ctrl alt or shift. Might make you a little quicker. But I know some players who do well w using Ctrl etc. I believe vega uses Ctrl Z for purple pots. It's really just getting comfortable and memorizing your set up . Just don't overthink it !
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

Baalx in IRC

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I agree with everyone who says to bind as much as possible without alt/shift/ctrl. The more efficient your movements and keystrokes can be, the better. Just make an enable/disable razor hotkeys binding and use letters and number keys freely. All of my important pvp bindings are within easy reach for my left hand. F1-F5, 1-5, Q-R, A-F, Z-V
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

randale

Post by randale »

but does anyone know if it's possible once I have someone as a target, to then cast press a spellkey and have it cast it on them (without me having to click the target crosshairs on them) is this possible? Seems to defeat the purpose of hotkey to target them, then once I cast the spell have to target them
again
I notice sometimes I use a taming macro for drags, that simply tames them over and over and when I would cast a greater heal while using it, it would automatically cast it on them instead of me having to target myself- with no crosshairs.

randale

Post by randale »

Malaikat wrote:I agree with everyone who says to bind as much as possible without alt/shift/ctrl. The more efficient your movements and keystrokes can be, the better. Just make an enable/disable razor hotkeys binding and use letters and number keys freely. All of my important pvp bindings are within easy reach for my left hand. F1-F5, 1-5, Q-R, A-F, Z-V
Do you usually use the first letter of a spell/skill as a hotkey? For example, f for flamestrike, h for hiding, b for blade spirit, etc?

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

Dude, if you click anything in PvP that is bad. Your clicking a pouch to retrap it and clicking add to agent (after you've used your add to agent hot key) at most, and even that is avoidable having to click. You can queue your last target (or self), and or choose to hit a hot key for last target/target self every time.

You should watch the video, i know its boring, but it goes over targeting hot keys. You never need to click anything while fighting.
Baalx in IRC

randale

Post by randale »

SaibotMK wrote:Dude, if you click anything in PvP that is bad. Your clicking a pouch to retrap it and clicking add to agent (after you've used your add to agent hot key) at most, and even that is avoidable having to click. You can queue your last target (or self), and or choose to hit a hot key for last target/target self every time.

You should watch the video, i know its boring, but it goes over targeting hot keys. You never need to click anything while fighting.
I've already seen it, and I'm not talking about clicking something (with the mouse) I mean "locking on" to a target with a hotkey then once I have the person targeted using a hotkey to use spells/skill on them, WITHOUT having to use the crosshairs.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

randale wrote:
SaibotMK wrote:Dude, if you click anything in PvP that is bad. Your clicking a pouch to retrap it and clicking add to agent (after you've used your add to agent hot key) at most, and even that is avoidable having to click. You can queue your last target (or self), and or choose to hit a hot key for last target/target self every time.

I've already seen it, and I'm not talking about clicking something (with the mouse) I mean "locking on" to a target with a hotkey then once I have the person targeted using a hotkey to use spells/skill on them, WITHOUT having to use the crosshairs.
Targeting under razor addresses all of these needs.

Target Blue- Target Innocent Humanoid
Target Orange- Target Closest Enemy
Target Grey- Target Closest/Next Criminal Humanoid
Target Red- Target Closest/Next Murderer

Or, Next Target is also a good one. You use to set the target, once they're highlighted, your last target macro will work on said target when spell is loaded.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

randale wrote:
Malaikat wrote:I agree with everyone who says to bind as much as possible without alt/shift/ctrl. The more efficient your movements and keystrokes can be, the better. Just make an enable/disable razor hotkeys binding and use letters and number keys freely. All of my important pvp bindings are within easy reach for my left hand. F1-F5, 1-5, Q-R, A-F, Z-V
Do you usually use the first letter of a spell/skill as a hotkey? For example, f for flamestrike, h for hiding, b for blade spirit, etc?
I do have flamestrike bound to F, but that's kinda coincidence. I don't follow any convention other than to put spells I cast most in efficient groups and further toward the left. Flamestrike doesn't get cast often in PvP, so it favors the right side of my hotkey range. Also, I actually have F bound to a macro that checks for flamestrike scroll > 0 and casts with a scroll if I have one and execs the spell if I don't.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Don’t use the ALT/Shift/ctrl keys for combat. They will get you killed. Save the Alt key for your PVM macros like taming a dragon. Those macros don’t require split second timing, so the extra click doesn’t really matter. The question really is whether to disable razor or not when talking (so you can use alpha keys to say things in guild chat, etc). I took a hybrid approach. I don’t disable razor, but moved my combat stuff to the Fkeys and NumKeys so I had all my alpha keys available for chatting.

My important spells are F2-F8. My beneficial pots are 2-5. Arm/Bandage/recall/hide/invis/gate/etc that I use most of the time make up the rest of my “F” keys and the number keys including -=. This means I can still talk in chat and in game as long as I don’t have to use a number. Ask my guildmates. I would routinely forget to turn off razor when someone would ask me what skill they need to craft an item, heh heh. I would say “You need *drink Gheal pot* *throw Exp pot* to make recall scrolls. F__K I just purple potted myself. Sorry I meant…”

The downside to this set up is they are “high” on the keyboard, so it isn’t as natural of a feel and you are covering a fair amount of territory from right to left with one hand. The gaps between the “F” keys are my guide. The first group F1-F4 are my beneficial spells with the corresponding potions below it if applicable (F4 is Gheal, 5 is Gheal pot, etc). F5-F8 are the most important offensive spells. 7-9 are other offensive actions (Exp pot, toggle halberd). F9(invis ring)-F12(recall) are my “Oh S__T” keys. You move between the gaps in the Fkeys depending on whether you are in offensive/defensive/run mode.

You are less likely to misfire using the alpha characters since you are far more used to typing those (Q-R, A-F, Z-V etc). You are likely a step faster using the alpha characters. Using the disable razor macro and the alpha keys is the better set up for most, and I would recommend it before my method. When I ran an “alpha” character set up I simply forgot way too often to toggle Razor on/off, and gave up some to many cheap deaths. When I am trying to heal, I kept saying WWWWWW, heh heh. That’s why I went the Fkey and Numkey set up. I just couldn’t trust myself to toggle Razor on/off. Yes, I am old and slow and an easy mark. But I want to at least put up a fight, and I personally had much better results when I went to the Fkey and Numkey set up.

Unless you ride with a big crew all beneficial spells should be a macro (cast spell, target self). All offensive spells should be a macro (cast spell, target last enemy). There’s probably a more efficient way to “start” the fight, but I typically fire either harm (my mage) or clumsy (mace warrior) with a manual target on the enemy. That sets your target last enemy so all the offensive spells/pots will hit the intended target for the rest of the fight. You lose about half a second at the beginning of the fight setting the target, but once done your left hand does all the actions, and your right hand does all the movement (mouse). No targeting is necessary (assuming you are only facing one assailant).

A couple quick notes:
• Don’t be afraid to recall (when not in a tournament). The only thing more frustrating to a PK outside of dying is chasing you down 5 times in 10 minutes and not getting a kill because you kept recalling. It’s almost as much fun as being a PK.

• If you are trying to train taming and a certain PK keeps on killing you, pack a boombox on the second or third time. He’ll assume it’s the same old reg box he keeps taking, and he goes boom and has to grab another PK character so he has “something” to do while his newly dead one works off his debt (either by time, or taking the stat hit and retraining the skills).

• If he’s too smart for the boombox, try and hit his gate. I don’t know why PK’s use gates, but they do. I’ve marked quite a few of their hideouts in my day. Put your tamer in the spot where he normally gets killed. Once you know the PK is active get your tamer healed up and your 60 wyrms you use for resist training and camp at the hide out. Usually they stop by in under 3 minutes as they make they daily rounds. Unleash your wyrms on him and watch him die before he even sees his screen full load(after the recall/gate). They will usually be plenty mad, so grab the loot and get as many wyrms home as you can.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

randale wrote:

Your right, ok it's in this first video early on: https://youtu.be/leiyHghQc_E

You need to check queue last target and target self. You do that and you will not see a crosshair. You cast a spell, it's going to charge and drop on the target automatically.

Then to target yourself you haft to just use your Target Self one time and everything you cast will automatically be charged and dropped on you. You will haft to reset a Last Target to go back to auto dropping.

Just take everything people have given you in this thread so far and play the game, learn, progress, figure out what works and doesn't.
Baalx in IRC

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

morgan1109 wrote: Unless you ride with a big crew all beneficial spells should be a macro (cast spell, target self). All offensive spells should be a macro (cast spell, target last enemy). There’s probably a more efficient way to “start” the fight, but I typically fire either harm (my mage) or clumsy (mace warrior) with a manual target on the enemy. That sets your target last enemy so all the offensive spells/pots will hit the intended target for the rest of the fight. You lose about half a second at the beginning of the fight setting the target, but once done your left hand does all the actions, and your right hand does all the movement (mouse). No targeting is necessary (assuming you are only facing one assailant).
No offense, but this is a horrific idea for anyone serious about pvp for a couple reasons:

1. Most spells should be held in order to be delivered at the appropriate time. PvP is all about timing, and spells are used strategically either as an interrupt, after a big hally hit, or to take advantage of the ability to fast cast another spell. Also, you may know the target is off screen or out of LoS. There's no reason to give up that control.

2. The macro will fuck you when your spell (and, as a result the macro) gets interrupted. Unless you're also canceling/stopping the macro, or each macro has some kind of timeout you'll end up targeting the wrong person.

I have last target bound to mouse wheel up and target self on wheel down. Makes it real simple and I don't have to worry about reaching for a target key with my left hand and then reaching back to queue another spell.