Razor macro starts making the wrong item

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Razor macro starts making the wrong item

Post by randale »

Has anyone had this happen, you tell it to start making something, then a while later, you check how the macro is going and your toon is making something else, something you didn't put in the macro, like right now, I made the macro to make kryss's and I see a bunch of kitana's in my pack instead. Happened also with making shepherd's crook's when I told it to make gnarled staffs instead.

sircharlestha3rd

Re: Razor macro starts making the wrong item

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

Not really, but if you don't have enough ingots to make the item sometimes it will make something that requires less ingots in its place.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

randale wrote:Has anyone had this happen, you tell it to start making something, then a while later, you check how the macro is going and your toon is making something else, something you didn't put in the macro, like right now, I made the macro to make kryss's and I see a bunch of kitana's in my pack instead. Happened also with making shepherd's crook's when I told it to make gnarled staffs instead.
When you use a macro that crafts an item via menu-selection, Razor doesn't remember the item graphical image, merely the menu selection in numerical order.

In your specific case, when you started, your skill was too low to make certain item(s), and you recorded in your macro "make menu selection X [a sequential number]"; while your macro was running, your skill increased to the point where a new item became available, the menu updated, and katana became "menu selection X", pushing kryss down the list.

Any Razor macro that involves the menu-gumps can be subject to this style of offset. To be clear, this is no malfunction, either of Razor, or of the UO-client.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

sircharlestha3rd wrote:Not really, but if you don't have enough ingots to make the item sometimes it will make something that requires less ingots in its place.
This is an extension of what I've said, above: if you don't have enough ingots to make a certain item, that item will not appear in the menu anymore, and that can change the macro's menu selection number from the desired item to an undesired item.

The best way to avoid this instance is to ensure that you are always stocked with enough ingots to make all items that appear on the menu (i.e. you never let your carried stock drop below that value); if the menu-selection that would be dropped is lower on the list than the item you desire, this doesn't matter at all.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

just have enough ingots to make your item and you will be fine............

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

Also not having the correct reagents changes the order for inscription... i.e. menu 2, then menu 4 will be different scrolls if you are missing a type of reg from your pack as opposed to when you have at least one of each 8...

Jalopy

Post by Jalopy »

I had this problem initially when macroing BS. I reset my restock macro to restock 25 ingots.

Some times, because of lag and smelting, you will have more ingots then you did when you recorded your macro. The crafting options change based on the number of ingots you're holding.