Spam in the shard wiki

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Spam in the shard wiki

Post by randale »

Might want to change the policy from letting unregistered users post, I just went to the poison elemental page and someone (and unregistered ip address) had replaced all of the info with about a hundred or more spam links. I managed to delete them, but what I should have done is undo the edit, so that the previous info would be back.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Spam in the shard wiki

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I need to put some time aside to wipe the Wiki. It had years of neglect until earlier this year. I managed to get the software updated and make it a bit better for mobile users, but spam is obviously a problem still.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

randale

Post by randale »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:I need to put some time aside to wipe the Wiki. It had years of neglect until earlier this year. I managed to get the software updated and make it a bit better for mobile users, but spam is obviously a problem still.
Wipe it, as in completely delete it? There's a lot of good info there for newbs and vets alike- who don't know everything, I would recommend against it.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

randale wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:I need to put some time aside to wipe the Wiki. It had years of neglect until earlier this year. I managed to get the software updated and make it a bit better for mobile users, but spam is obviously a problem still.
Wipe it, as in completely delete it? There's a lot of good info there for newbs and vets alike- who don't know everything, I would recommend against it.
By wipe, I mean clean up. This was done in September. Since then, I haven't heard any reports of spam and players who want to contribute to the Wiki are welcome to do so - they need to request access though.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

randale

Post by randale »

Are there any instructions on how to use the edit since it's been reformatted about a week ago? I was looking to find my edit history and edit histories of pages, not sure how.