How do you dye furniture

Topics related to Second Age
randale

How do you dye furniture

Post by randale »

Furniture dye tub which I am told is at the Papua tailor, same place as the interior decorator, but it is just listed as "dying tub" does it work for furniture as well as clothes? I also did a search and see people provide this as a service which makes me wonder if maybe it doesn't exist anymore on this shard.

Ah, yes, was getting scammed.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: How do you dye furniture

Post by Mens Rea »

randale wrote:Furniture dye tub which I am told is at the Papua tailor, same place as the interior decorator, but it is just listed as "dying tub" does it work for furniture as well as clothes? I also did a search and see people provide this as a service which makes me wonder if maybe it doesn't exist anymore on this shard.

They got you good

randale

Post by randale »

Mens Rea wrote:
randale wrote:Furniture dye tub which I am told is at the Papua tailor, same place as the interior decorator, but it is just listed as "dying tub" does it work for furniture as well as clothes? I also did a search and see people provide this as a service which makes me wonder if maybe it doesn't exist anymore on this shard.

They got you good
Anyway since they're rare, where do they usually spawn.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

They don't spawn, only a handful of unlimited dye tubs exist in the hands of players.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Jay

Post by Jay »

still spawn although extremely rare at terathan keep

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

They were a potential reward of holiday scratch offs a couple years ago for Christmas. Turns out the odds were around 1:20 roughly, and many players didn't select to get a scratch off as a reward. As time went by, players quit or were banned. The more affluent players also hoarded many of them away. In my estimation, there are currently 3 on uosa. They do not and have never spawned anywhere.

I have 1 and an "unused" scratch off too. If you want I can ask the players I know that have one if I can share their information. You could ask them. Currently, I'm too overwhelmed with players wanting to dye furniture atm.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

On a side note, if you had an interesting rare to trade for the scratch off ticket, I'd be open to it. Lmk

randale

Post by randale »

Do you need furniture dyes too? Will regular tailor dyes work?

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Just regular dyes like the kind you get from tailoring shops. The tubs are what makes the process special to dye furniture.

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

They are super rare. I had one but went on vacation many years ago and my house fell and hopefully some got lucky. Been trying to save enough money to buy one ever since.

randale

Post by randale »

dazedman wrote:They are super rare. I had one but went on vacation many years ago and my house fell and hopefully some got lucky. Been trying to save enough money to buy one ever since.
How much do they go for?

shiloh
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by shiloh »

I see that the new silver system has an item called "furniture dye" for 30 silver coins.
Can anyone clarify what this is? Is it just new color pallet and you need an actual
furniture dye tub to use? ...... or is it furniture dye that can be use on a regular
dye tub that will allow you to then use on furniture?

I'm hoping it is the latter.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

shiloh wrote:I see that the new silver system has an item called "furniture dye" for 30 silver coins.
Can anyone clarify what this is? Is it just new color pallet and you need an actual
furniture dye tub to use? ...... or is it furniture dye that can be use on a regular
dye tub that will allow you to then use on furniture?

I'm hoping it is the latter.
You can dye a single piece of furniture any standard dye tub hue for 30 silver. It's not an object, as much as you say I want this piece of furniture in this color.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

randale

Post by randale »

Jay wrote:still spawn although extremely rare at terathan keep
Are you sure, Taboo says they don't spawn at all. Is this something you just heard, or have you ever actually seen one there? If anyone can confirm take a screenshot.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

randale wrote:
Jay wrote:still spawn although extremely rare at terathan keep
Are you sure, Taboo says they don't spawn at all. Is this something you just heard, or have you ever actually seen one there? If anyone can confirm take a screenshot.
His statement is similar to the papau tailor statement....
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey