Halloween 2016

Topics related to Second Age
Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Halloween 2016

Post by Taboo »

Brules wrote:Vast swathes of land are uninhabited. :(
Sorry but I just disagree. Although we can't see the map like a gm, I actually won this competition. From what I observed, there are just a few large open spots (no castles imo), 1-2 dozen-ish medium sized, and a couple of areas that aren't highly sought after have opened up more. Also, all highly sought after areas are still accounted for with very rare exceptions.

I think its good news for newer users and benign to vets.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Small houses used to be hard to place here. I could place 100's of them and there would still be room. Overall # of houses is WAY down.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

It will be interesting to see how the numbers look. Last I heard I was 3rd, but not sure if that's how it ended or not.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

We'll get some numbers up and prizes sent out in a couple of days.. hoping by Friday - it's a hectic week for me outside of UOSA :)
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Grofus wrote:It will be interesting to see how the numbers look. Last I heard I was 3rd, but not sure if that's how it ended or not.
[20:13:48] <@SecondAge> Top Trick or Treaters:
[20:13:49] <@SecondAge> Taboo with 1494 house visits. Farenathir with 1488 house visits. Grofus with 1381 house visits.

EDIT: Those timestamps are from after last save. However first second and third place were the same before last save anyways. Also it's Japan time...
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Original post updated with winners and prizes.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Taboo wrote:
Brules wrote:Vast swathes of land are uninhabited. :(
Sorry but I just disagree. Although we can't see the map like a gm, I actually won this competition. From what I observed, there are just a few large open spots (no castles imo), 1-2 dozen-ish medium sized, and a couple of areas that aren't highly sought after have opened up more. Also, all highly sought after areas are still accounted for with very rare exceptions.

I think its good news for newer users and benign to vets.
I'd just buy and place my first tower here, today. It took me about 40mins to find a good spot (I found 2 others, but for some reason, I can't use them).

One question: There's hundreds of castles and towers and houses uninhabited out there, there's really ppl who bother to run and refresh this every two weeks??? It seems a lot of work to me, for low profit overall.
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Kabup wrote:One question: There's hundreds of castles and towers and houses uninhabited out there, there's really ppl who bother to run and refresh this every two weeks??? It seems a lot of work to me, for low profit overall.
It's not necessarily about profit... Some people just want to own a castle. Also, freshing properties only takes a few minutes.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Yes, but if you have, let's say, 20 or 30 houses and castles, all spread around the world, you'll spend what? 20 mins? more? to refresh them, every 2 weeks... I can't see myself doing that...

Of course, the best spots must be secured, no doubt about that.

Those people are collecting spots? Kind of, 'I have 9 castles and 7 keeps, how much do you have?'?
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Kabup wrote:Yes, but if you have, let's say, 20 or 30 houses and castles, all spread around the world, you'll spend what? 20 mins? more? to refresh them, every 2 weeks... I can't see myself doing that...

Those people are collecting spots? Kind of, 'I have 9 castles and 7 keeps, how much do you have?'?
No, its not like that. Its a variety. I know some people collect certain areas, but most players quit for stretches of time then come back. There's a large array of situations, but its not at all 9 castles and 7 keeps of empty properties like you're asking. In fact, I don't think anyone does it even close to that degree.

Blood

Post by Blood »

This kind of events should be published on the UOSA website and facebook page along with pictures and maybe a small video.

That way we can share and remember some inactive players about how fun UOSA is.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Kabup wrote:Yes, but if you have, let's say, 20 or 30 houses and castles, all spread around the world, you'll spend what? 20 mins? more? to refresh them, every 2 weeks... I can't see myself doing that...

Max houses per player is 15, and that takes less than 2 minutes to refresh. I bet I could do it in 60 seconds flat if it was a competition :)
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Drunk Ninja
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Drunk Ninja »

Thanks! :D
Attachments
bandicam 2016-11-04 17-13-00-266.jpg
bandicam 2016-11-04 17-13-00-266.jpg (27.02 KiB) Viewed 4071 times

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

good prizes boom
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.