What don't you like about UOT2A?

Topics related to Second Age
Nickodemuse

Re: What don't you like about UOT2A?

Post by Nickodemuse »

Kye Smogg wrote:
Capitalist wrote: 1) The incessant complaining and futile need to nitpick at the closest thing to UO perfection since OSI T2A.
If this era is so darned perfect, why are there only around 30 active players playing here these days?
I would guess to say there is at least 100 active players
Capitalist wrote: 4) That this isn't a "what I like" that wasn't posted in 2012. Things have changed, and this shard is still amazing; but different.
If this shard is so amazing, where is everyone?
Ii know for a fact there are tons of new players on UOSA in the past month, along with some vets.

As I've said repeatedly, the largest problem here is the quality of the population. You havent been playing lately then, imo People like yourself can't fit in anywhere else, so you defiantly remain, drinking the kool-aid and will remain a cancer to the community until the bitter end.

Here's a bit like that new-ish Cowboys stadium...it's pretty amazing until you realize it is filled with Texans.
Crazy for me to say this but my main complaint right now is there is not enough pk's on the shard right now. I set up a healing macro in the BK room for a new guy to the server the other night. We ran it for 4 hours before last save and never got killed. I was surprised. He GM'd his combat skills he was shooting for.

As for Vega being a cancer to the community, VEGA is VEGA. I sold him a snow pile for 2 small deeds one time, and when i was good on gold again, I had to buy it back for 100k. I think, hence his forum's name CAPITALIST.

He's one of the only few players active who always are looking for pvp. Want dead? Events are all ready back, bring back PVP, more vets will return IMO

p.s. I'm not trolling you, just my honest 2 cents.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Nicko, you spent 2 minutes of your life replying to a guy that helps run/plays a server that bans you for PKing people. He also quit a long time ago. He only posts here to try and garner attention for his 2d hippie parade. Just stahp. Randale is an autist, Kye is a cotton candy unicorn, you're awesome and help people, I'm awesome and do my best to keep Pvp interest, and UOSA has the most active events of any server that exists. If UOSA sucked so much, there wouldnt be an entire knockoff list of shards that just tried to spite our old staff (dead and alive, prodominately dead like all of their trammy bitch dreams).
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

randale

Post by randale »

Capitalist wrote:Nicko, you spent 2 minutes of your life replying to a guy that helps run/plays a server that bans you for PKing people. He also quit a long time ago. He only posts here to try and garner attention for his 2d hippie parade. Just stahp. Randale is an autist, Kye is a cotton candy unicorn, you're awesome and help people, I'm awesome and do my best to keep Pvp interest, and UOSA has the most active events of any server that exists. If UOSA sucked so much, there wouldnt be an entire knockoff list of shards that just tried to spite our old staff (dead and alive, prodominately dead like all of their trammy bitch dreams).
Well, I like this shard, but there are shards with a lot more people, ours isn't the most popular best/like you seem to be saying. Nor are people "running back here" as you said "because our competition sucks" they seem to be happy on their servers. It is true we don't have a lot of players like Kye was saying.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

There's only 2 shards bigger than uosa. One is pay to play and mine as well be trammel. One bans you for PKing people and using curse words. Neither could ever compare.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

randale

Post by randale »

Capitalist wrote:There's only 2 shards bigger than uosa. One is pay to play and mine as well be trammel. One bans you for PKing people and using curse words. Neither could ever compare.
The Renaissance shard by Telamon had a lot of people on it last time I was there a couple months ago, a lot more than here.

Waldo

Post by Waldo »

Bet they have para wands there.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Never understood why people complain about veterinary. What do they expect bandages to heal 40% each? Greater healing pets uses a shit-load of mana, so you end up being low on mana constantly. Vet just eliminates this mana problem, and is 10x cheaper (but costs you 80-100 skill points, of course). I ran 80 vet (w/ 100 animal lore) when I played here and it worked fantastic.

Super duper complicated vet macro:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you begin applying the bandages
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:04
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1543|
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3617|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1
Assistant.Macros.LastTargetAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

randale

Post by randale »

Aeris wrote:Never understood why people complain about veterinary. What do they expect bandages to heal 40% each? Greater healing pets uses a shit-load of mana, so you end up being low on mana constantly. Vet just eliminates this mana problem, and is 10x cheaper (but costs you 80-100 skill points, of course). I ran 80 vet (w/ 100 animal lore) when I played here and it worked fantastic.
No, but I expect it to heal more than greater heal does, especially with GM it, and GM animal lore. I don't care if GH spells use mana and regs, they have the advantage of being

1. Instant
2. Can be used from a distance (don't need to stand next to them to use it)
3. Can not fail (if you have high enough magery)
4. Does the same, if not more healing than veterinary, even with GM vet and GM animal lore
5. Does not require bandages.
6. No need to take up one of my skills (100 points out of 700) with it.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

randale wrote:
Capitalist wrote:There's only 2 shards bigger than uosa. One is pay to play and mine as well be trammel. One bans you for PKing people and using curse words. Neither could ever compare.
The Renaissance shard by Telamon had a lot of people on it last time I was there a couple months ago, a lot more than here.
Go PK someone or call them a bad name. See you after your ban.

randale

Post by randale »

Capitalist wrote:
randale wrote:
Go PK someone or call them a bad name. See you after your ban.
So, I'm guessing they can't just make PKing impossible on that shard?

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Kye Smogg wrote:If this shard is so amazing, where is everyone?
The sad truth is that most people got their end game and quit. They didn't go to some other free shard with 1000's of people, they just quit. Don't let the player counters on other shards fool you.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

randale

Post by randale »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
Kye Smogg wrote:If this shard is so amazing, where is everyone?
The sad truth is that most people got their end game and quit. They didn't go to some other free shard with 1000's of people, they just quit. Don't let the player counters on other shards fool you.
end game? Meaning they had done everything they possibly could, just exhausted their options? Maybe that's another reason events exist.

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

I try my best to be nice.

What don't I like about UOT2A: this forum user randale.

Not saying that I dislike you or wish ill of you, but based on this post and many others, I don't care for you.

-Fox
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

Fox, your feedback on randale is so polite. I like it!

Since this is a "what I don't like" thread I'll throw in a few things, though I think they're more "things I miss about actual 1999 UO that can't be replicated here because they're handled in the client." All very unimportant and none of them affect gameplay, just stuff I miss from back in the day.

In-game radar is now a higher color -- I sorta miss the crappier, washed out radar The original treasure chest login -- definitely easier to log in as is, but this one has some charm. Font differences caused by newer clients. Doesn't really matter, I just wish it all had the original font When humans died, even though the game had all the animations to fall on death, people would go from standing to instantly a dead body with no frames in between. It was janky and hilarious. I kinda miss that too.

I think there are more, but those are off the top of my head. As you can see they're all totally unimportant and were probably fixed in the UO client over time as general and obvious quality of life things, or unintentional to begin with (like the lack of animations on death).

UO Second Age nails SO many things though. It's a real testament to the love that went into it.

bushman

Post by bushman »

Kye Smogg wrote:
If this era is so darned perfect, why are there only around 30 active players playing here these days?
because sometimes majority of people arent that bright. theres a few nitpicks i have when it comes to this shard, ultimately theyre very small issues, but id like to see something like losing house deeds on house floor changed in spite of era accuracy rule, i cant see something like that as anything else but as an inconvenience, but then again being strict about the accuracy might be the best choice from what options there are and it has kept the quality high

also magery damage should be enabled in towns and thieving could be a bit easier

besides theres more players than that from what ive seen, and you too like every player have to help make the game better so that more people come and stay, it's a sandbox and still among the best ones at that and how good it is depends a lot on who play and how