What don't you like about UOT2A?

Topics related to Second Age
randale

What don't you like about UOT2A?

Post by randale »

Well, first of all, I know that nothing that is not T2A will be changed (why keep if NOBODY likes it, though?? Won't that just cause you to lose players) but things that I don't like that I wish would be changed. Maybe I don't have all of these correct, or there is a way to change them, for me-on my screen that is. Like the first two, for example.

1. The inability to move the description bars when doing a shift-control. Can't see all my dragons if there a ton of other stuff around that comes up, like hay piles/NPC's/other objects

2. The fact that the description bars stack. I can't see all my dragons if there are stacked and I can separate them.

3. No all kill command- you have to tell them individually, which is a pain.

4. no all release command

5. Stealing reveals you, so does snooping, it makes town-stealing kind of almost impossible, whereas on Metropolis thieving was actually fun and you didn't get guardwhacked and CAUGHT- every SINGLE time you tried! What about just a chance of it revealing you, not that it's guaranteed, or at least you could if you get the result where you steal without getting caught, you are not revealed in that case.

6. Bank Checks- ok, we do have house deeds. I suppose this is somewhat of a nitpick, but I believe each could be up to 10mil (or was it 1 mil, which would be any different than castle feeds) with castle deeds this means you could, in theory have up to 125 of them in your bank account. Technically they are T2A but not the date this shard focuses on.

7. That Veterinary is not worth it on this shard, as it doesn't do much more than a greater heal even with max animal lore.

8. The "I must consider my sins" doesn't tell you both your long and short term counts, and how much you have to wait to lose one count of each.

9. That item ID only reveals the item's description for the person using the skill, anyone else who looks at it thereafter will see it just as "magical this" "magical that"

10. That houses aren't safe, except certain ones any only 3 tiles away from the door.

11. The very limited stable space.

Ill Gates

Re: What don't you like about UOT2A?

Post by Ill Gates »

randale wrote:Well, first of all, I know that nothing that is not T2A will be changed (why keep if NOBODY likes it, though?? Won't that just cause you to lose players) but things that I don't like that I wish would be changed. Maybe I don't have all of these correct, or there is a way to change them, for me-on my screen that is. Like the first two, for example.

1. The inability to move the description bars when doing a shift-control. Can't see all my dragons if there a ton of other stuff around that comes up, like hay piles/NPC's/other objects

2. The fact that the description bars stack. I can't see all my dragons if there are stacked and I can separate them.

5. Stealing reveals you, so does snooping, it makes town-stealing kind of almost impossible, whereas on Metropolis thieving was actually fun and you didn't get guardwhacked and CAUGHT- every SINGLE time you tried! What about just a chance of it revealing you, not that it's guaranteed, or at least you could if you get the result where you steal without getting caught, you are not revealed in that case.

6. Bank Checks- ok, we do have house deeds. I suppose this is somewhat of a nitpick, but I believe each could be up to 10mil (or was it 1 mil, which would be any different than castle feeds) with castle deeds this means you could, in theory have up to 125 of them in your bank account. Technically they are T2A but not the date this shard focuses on.

7. That Veterinary is not worth it on this shard, as it doesn't do much more than a greater heal even with max animal lore.

8. The "I must consider my sins" doesn't tell you both your long and short term counts, and how much you have to wait to lose one count of each.

9. That item ID only reveals the item's description for the person using the skill, anyone else who looks at it thereafter will see it just as "magical this" "magical that"

10. That houses aren't safe, except certain ones any only 3 tiles away from the door.

For God's sake, let's not do this again.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Right click any other bars that come up to make them disappear...

Click and drag a name away, then right click the bar to make it disappear.

Tamers already are the most powerful PVM model in the game for ordinary MOBs... All kill in it's current form is fine.

All release works, but just like the all kill command it only does it for the closest pet. So if you're trying to release a bunch of WW, be sure to have a bard on hand to peacemake.

Snooping here does not reveal you if you are hidden. Also, you only get guardwhacked when caught. If you steal in town make sure you keep it to low weight items and the more people around your target the higher chance you will be caught. Bank theifs are already annoying enough.

6. Bank Checks-

Are not needed. House deeds work fine, and your bank box will already hold an unlimited amount of gold.

Keep track of your long term counts with myuosa.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

randale

Post by randale »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:1. The inability to move the description bars when doing a shift-control. Can't see all my dragons if there a ton of other stuff around that comes up, like hay piles/NPC's/other objects

Right click any other bars that come up to make them disappear...

Click and drag a name away, then right click the bar to make it disappear.

Tamers already are the most powerful PVM model in the game for ordinary MOBs... All kill in it's current form is fine.

All release works, but just like the all kill command it only does it for the closest pet. So if you're trying to release a bunch of WW, be sure to have a bard on hand to peacemake.

Snooping here does not reveal you if you are hidden. Also, you only get guardwhacked when caught. If you steal in town make sure you keep it to low weight items and the more people around your target the higher chance you will be caught. Bank theifs are already annoying enough.

6. Bank Checks-

Are not needed. House deeds work fine, and your bank box will already hold an unlimited amount of gold.

ty DD.

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

Fat People.

*waits for applause*

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

I think an appropriate post (for one of the most active forum locations) would be What DO you like about UOT2A , buts that's just me.

I agree though there were a lot of annoying things that needed changing but in the process they ruined a shitload of more important things that did not need changing.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

randale wrote:Well, first of all, I know that nothing that is not T2A will be changed (why keep if NOBODY likes it, though?? Won't that just cause you to lose players) but things that I don't like that I wish would be changed. Maybe I don't have all of these correct, or there is a way to change them, for me-on my screen that is. Like the first two, for example.

These are all just things you adapt to.

However I think your #5 is flawed. First, snooping only reveals you when you stealth but not when you are "hidden", and you can also do tricks; like holding stealing 10 seconds for a double steal.

Other players are way more knowledgeable about thief quirks, but there are many good ones.

....... personally, I dislike not having a larger array of pvp builds compared to other eras, and also archery's general rule set entirely.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I don't like:

1) The incessant complaining and futile need to nitpick at the closest thing to UO perfection since OSI T2A.

2) That when everyone who is banned for leaving and badmouthing always want to come back because they learn our competition is shit.

3) The spell reflect timing, God mode for newbs is hilarious, sad, and everything you don't want to witness in real fights.

4) That this isn't a "what I like" that wasn't posted in 2012. Things have changed, and this shard is still amazing; but different.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

what nordic said, I dont have a tamer so i didnt know those answers, but I can vouch that I get stolen from at banks pretty regularly if im sitting idle or not paying attention.

randale

Post by randale »

Are long term counts what it calls "lifetime kills?" and just plain kills are short terms?

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

randale wrote:

Are long term counts what it calls "lifetime kills?" and just plain kills are short terms?
im not positive but i think as long as your (kills) count stays at 4 or lower, you wont go red and after 8 hours of in game on that char a kill count goes away. Lifetime kills will never go away if i am right, the #'s just keep adding up. ; You can go perma red but someone else explain that plz, its been a lot of years since i worried bout that.

advanced1
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by advanced1 »

randale wrote:

Kills are long term counts... long term counts take 40 hours to macro off and short term kills take 8 hours to macro off. If you become a murder 5 times then ur perma red.

Example if you have 8 kills, it will take u 24 or 32 hours to not get stat loss(I cant remember if u turn blue on 5 or 4 kills) you can tell if ur in stat loss by the message you get by saying I must consider my sins. It will take you 120 or 160 hours to get back to blue, again I cant remember if u turn blue on 5 or 4 kills.
YewFriends wrote: Dont worry versair outside of evil people like Orni and Krypt theres alot of good in the game. Need anything hit me up.

Kye Smogg

Post by Kye Smogg »

Capitalist wrote: 1) The incessant complaining and futile need to nitpick at the closest thing to UO perfection since OSI T2A.
If this era is so darned perfect, why are there only around 30 active players playing here these days?
Capitalist wrote: 4) That this isn't a "what I like" that wasn't posted in 2012. Things have changed, and this shard is still amazing; but different.
If this shard is so amazing, where is everyone?

As I've said repeatedly, the largest problem here is the quality of the population. People like yourself can't fit in anywhere else, so you defiantly remain, drinking the kool-aid and will remain a cancer to the community until the bitter end.

Here's a bit like that new-ish Cowboys stadium...it's pretty amazing until you realize it is filled with Texans.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Something about incessant whining... why do you still post here just to cry?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

randale

Post by randale »

Capitalist wrote:Something about incessant whining... why do you still post here just to cry?
You didn't answer Kye's questions.