2. Wait for Target
3. Target By Type (blank scrolls)
4. Wait for Menu (Any)
5. MenuResponse 4
6. Wait For menu (Any)
7. Menu Response 2
8. Pause 11.00
9. If Sysmessage (backpack)
10. Left Recall (1F4C)-2 (it lifted too scrolls when I made this- when I had them)
11. Drop to backpack
12. Pause 3.00
13. End If

It runs successfully once or twice, then gets stuck on line 4, why is this? A similar thing happened with my alchemy macro.
Last edited by randale on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Re: Razor Quirks/Snags in macros

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Hmmmm, snagging at line 4? I think you must have made some error transcribing your macro to display it in this thread ...
4. Wait for menu
5. Target by type
If waiting for a menu, there will be no targeting reticle to select anything by type ...

If you have transcribed this accurately, then you simply need to drop your #5, completely. I don't know, precisely, why it would work at all on the first few runs, and then hang-up ... that's weird.

Other things to maybe watch-out for:

"target by type": I try to avoid using this in almost any macro. A problem can arise from the fact that Razor will "remember" objects of the same type from anywhere and everywhere and, so, the macro may select a target that is out of range, or no longer exists, or is otherwise inaccessible.

With Magery/Alchemy macros, watch your reagent-count: the menu that pops up is dependent on reagent-counts (if you do not have the reagents for any item, that item will not appear in the menu, and your macro will either make the wrong item, or make no item; similar things can happen with too-few resources and blacksmith/bowyer/carpentry macros, as I've mentioned in the past).

A little advice: the way you have your macro configured, you will have a 14-second delay whenever you invoke steps 10-14. This is unnecessary. Simply insert your drag-and-drop, without any If statement, somewhere inside your regular delay (say, Inscribe, pause 2sec, drag-and-drop, pause 9sec, loop); there will be no scroll to drag-and-drop on the first run, and the last scroll made will not get dragged-and-dropped; no big deal ... Alternatively, you might use a Razor "Organizer" Agent, and invoke it in your macro (this would make it easy to change the destination container).

So, that's that. Good Luck.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

randale wrote:Here's an inscription macro I wrote

4. Wait for Menu (Any)

It runs successfully once or twice, then gets stuck on line 4, why is this? A similar thing happened with my alchemy macro.
I bet it's <razor> randomly targeting blank scrolls elsewhere in your house. Inside a chest, bag etc.
If you have had that container open since that client start, it'll try em. It also does that with mortars IIRC.

Test...Close Client. Log in the char with all the required crap on you, don't open any other Containers. Run macro. Bet it don't break.

Try last target instead.

randale

Post by randale »

I corrected the macro, now it's the right macro I have.

randale

Post by randale »

a nerd wrote:
randale wrote:Here's an inscription macro I wrote

4. Wait for Menu (Any)

I bet it's <razor> randomly targeting blank scrolls elsewhere in your house. Inside a chest, bag etc.
If you have had that container open since that client start, it'll try em. It also does that with mortars IIRC.

Test...Close Client. Log in the char with all the required crap on you, don't open any other Containers. Run macro. Bet it don't break.

Try last target instead.
Ok, thing with not having the scrolls in a box next to me, is I'd have to restock as a bunch of blank scrolls are really heavy.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Okay, it seems like you are using a restock agent. So,

If I were doing this, I would target the stack of scrolls using 'absolute target' (make sure your restock agent restocks more than one, say 5, so that your absolute target always remains valid; do NOT empty to zero and restock, set your restock agent to maintain a stock of 5, or whatever number>1, scrolls; if you want me to explain this, please reply and specifically state that you want this explained).

Otherwise, as I (and a nerd) have pointed-out, you may be having problems with "target-by-type".

Carry on!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

randale

Post by randale »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Okay, it seems like you are using a restock agent. So,
If I were doing this, I would target the stack of scrolls using 'absolute target' (make sure your restock agent restocks more than one, say 5, so that your absolute target always remains valid; do NOT empty to zero and restock, set your restock agent to maintain a stock of 5, or whatever number>1, scrolls; if you want me to explain this, please reply and specifically state that you want this explained).
I changed it to absolute target for my scrolls in my backpack and haven't had a problem since, with it pausing/stopping. Haven't added a restock to the macro yet, but will try it.

randale

Post by randale »

Here's another that won't work, for making potion kegs.

The way I have it set up is one box for barrel taps, one box for barrel covers, one box for bottles, one box for empty regular non potion kegs. Lines 1-10, are restocking each one from a different box.

1. Exec Restock Agent-1
2. Absolute Target
3. Pause 1.25 sec
3. Exec- Restock Agent-1
4. Absolute Target
5. Pause 1.25 sec
6. Exec-Restock Agent-1
7. Absolute Target
8. Pause 1.25 sec
9.Exec Restock Agent-1
10. Pause 1.25 sec
11. Double Click tinker tools
12. Wait for Target
13. Target by Type (keg)
14. Wait for Menu (Any)
15. Menu Response 1

Here's a couple extra lines, not sure if it would, just dragging the completed empty kegs to another box, but first it has to make them right. I suppose the organizer agent would be better.

16. Lift Keg
17.Drop to- the box

I can't use absolute target on the normal non-potion keg because the keg is placed in a different spot in my pack each time I restock a new one, and as we know, target by type has problems. Another thing is for some reason the restocks wouldn't work earlier when I used them, it would restock 0 items. I dumped everything into an empty box I was carrying then they would. I picked up a few tinker tools and they still work, fortunately, don't know why they weren't before.

Is there another way to do it without this assembly line of boxes, so that it won't confuse an empty regular keg in a floor box with the empty keg box with one in my pack? If not, guess I'll just have to the crap ON ME, and move away from any other containers of regular kegs. whoopdy-doo!

randale

Post by randale »

Another thing about restocks. It looks like that when you make/include a restocks with a macro, it will ONLY restock the amount that you set the restock to when the macro was made. I just tried to change the amounts of each restock, but it won't do it, it's still only restocking 1 item each, instead of 20 each like I set it to. Even, logging out and logging back in didn't change that. Guess the whole macro will have to be re-written.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

randale wrote:Another thing about restocks. It looks like that when you make/include a restocks with a macro, it will ONLY restock the amount that you set the restock to when the macro was made. I just tried to change the amounts of each restock, but it won't do it, it's still only restocking 1 item each, instead of 20 each like I set it to. Even, logging out and logging back in didn't change that. Guess the whole macro will have to be re-written.

This is definitely not accurate. I've changed amounts and item types in restock agents and macros have always restocked what was currently set.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

randale

Post by randale »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
randale wrote:Another thing about restocks. It looks like that when you make/include a restocks with a macro, it will ONLY restock the amount that you set the restock to when the macro was made. I just tried to change the amounts of each restock, but it won't do it, it's still only restocking 1 item each, instead of 20 each like I set it to. Even, logging out and logging back in didn't change that. Guess the whole macro will have to be re-written.

This is definitely not accurate. I've changed amounts and item types in restock agents and macros have always restocked what was currently set.
I'll make a video of it if you want. Well, actually, can't make a video showing razor, but I know it happens(except maybe with Camstudio) , I changed the amount and it wouldn't do the new amount.

SighelmofWyrmgard

randale wrote:Here's another that won't work, for making potion kegs.

13. Target by Type (keg)

I can't use absolute target on the normal non-potion keg because the keg is placed in a different spot in my pack each time I restock a new one, and as we know, target by type has problems....

Is there another way to do it without this assembly line of boxes, so that it won't confuse an empty regular keg in a floor box with the empty keg box with one in my pack?
Use the set of Tinker Tools on itself: it will make again the last thing those tools were used to make; you do not have to target the keg directly. You would have to complete one potion-keg, manually, first, in order to 'prime' the set of tinker tools.

Try it.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

randale

Post by randale »

What if I wanted to make a macro that would fill 30, 50, 100 or whatever amount of kegs I wanted with potions?

I can have the restock take a an empty keg from one box, the regs from another, be already stocked with a lot of mortars, and say 10 empty bottles. Have it do ten quick potion grinds each with a 3 second delay. Have it put the successfully made potions in the keg.

Now, when the keg is full (guess I'll use an if statement) , I need to put it an an empty box, preferably- and restock a new empty keg. But the targeting is where it messes up. Can't use target by type because it will confuse with other empty kegs near me, not sure I can use last target, because it's a new keg, and putting the potions in it won't work because it puts it in a random place in my backpack

Another way I thought of was have all 3 alchemists around the keg making potions and putting them in it. Same problem when getting a new keg, to put on the ground.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Filling the keg(s) is the sort of thing for which I would use an organizer agent: change the target for the agent in the macro when you swap-in a new empty keg.

It seems to me that you wish to devise a potion-manufacturing scheme that strikes me as being overly convoluted, ambitious, and unnecessary: sometimes, "Keep It Simple" is far-and-away the most practical option.

Instead of juggling full/empty bottles and kegs, and restocking reagents, and replacing broken mortars, and running three alchemists at the same time, and trying to set it all up so that it would run autonomously while you were 100% AFK for many hours, perhaps 'throttle-back' a bit and simply run one alchemist semi-afk 'in the background' on a second account while you actively play another character on the first: play and have fun and, when you take 'a breather', check on your alchemist and find, "oh, I need to give him a new keg" or, "oh, I have to replace that mortar now" ...

If you do insist on trying to keep three alchemists constantly running, I might recommend producing three identical macros (say, "potion keg 1", "potion keg 2", etc.), each assigned to its respective alchemist, to avoid confusion; the organizer agent can be left the same (if they are all filling the same keg; change-in a new keg on all 3 instances of Razor), or each can fill his/her own keg (initialize the 'proper' target keg in each instance of Razor).

My own keg-filling macro multi-mortars 8 mortars and, once they are all grinding and I am waiting for the potions to complete, executes an organizer agent to the target keg: there are no potions to send to the keg on the first iteration, and the last potions made will not be organized by my macro (I'll manually execute the organizer after my macro has finished); I make sure I have c. two dozen bottles in my pack (sometimes lag will prevent an organizer/restock agent from executing on a single item, but I have found that "it all comes out in the wash").

However you wish to proceed, I hope I have offered some 'pointers'.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

randale

Post by randale »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Filling the keg(s) is the sort of thing for which I would use an organizer agent: change the target for the agent in the macro when you swap-in a new empty keg.
Organizer agent is a good idea, but like you are saying I can't automate taking out a new empty keg and filling it because I have to change the target manually each time I swap in a new keg.