Provo question

Topics related to Second Age
Kabup

Provo question

Post by Kabup »

Hi guys, I need some help here.

My char have GM Music, and 92.5 Provo. I'm macroing provo with 2 birds, and I just got 0.2 points in the last 1.5 hours. It seems very slow to me, there's a way to speed up the gains? Kind of, being drunken or something? Or I'll have to wait, let's see, 56 hours to GM?
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Dragor
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Provo question

Post by Dragor »

go to a stable and provoke the animals there. provoke animals that are in the pens against each other. Let it run all night. It will go up

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Dragor wrote:go to a stable and provoke the animals there. provoke animals that are in the pens against each other. Let it run all night. It will go up
Thanks for the reply, but that's what I'm doing, and I'm gaining very slowly. About 0.1 per 45mins. 2 and a half hours now, and 0.4 hits. I did the math, it will take me more than 50 hours to get there.

Is there anything to speed up this?
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

3 hours, 0.6 points... Oh man, this will take days...

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

3 hours and 45 mins, 0.7 points up, now I'm with 93 provo (92.9 real). I'm going to sleep, this is deadly boring. More few points tomorrow, luckly.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

i thnk i gm'd it at glow zoo, provo is slow...

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

It gets slow in the 90's.

One thing you can do make sure you have a check to see if your provoke succeeds. The delay is only 5 seconds on failures, so you can save some time that way.

Something like:

Code: Select all

If ( SysMessage "Succeeds" )
Pause 10 seconds
Else
Pause 5 seconds
End If
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Arkon wrote:It gets slow in the 90's.

One thing you can do make sure you have a check to see if your provoke succeeds. The delay is only 5 seconds on failures, so you can save some time that way.

Something like:

Code: Select all

If ( SysMessage "Succeeds" )
Pause 10 seconds
Else
Pause 5 seconds
End If
This is an excellent idea, but this particular implementation might be flawed: Razor has a reputation for remembering Sysmessages, so the 5-second delay might never be invoked; since failures should be rare, listen for the failure message, instead.

And, yes, 90+ provocation will gain only very, very slowly, no matter what you do.

Good luck!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Yes, my macro checks for fails, to decrease the reset timer. I'm using this:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|22
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|2
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|1|226048|4446|1129|0|201
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|2
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|1|178466|4449|1128|0|400
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|fails
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:04
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:09
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|16|7|guards

I added the guards line just now, there's a guy punching me to death, I did see that when I was almost dead, lol.

Right now, after 6 hours, I'm with 94.1 points, 1.8 points up. It seems a little better now, I guess.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Only a caution: spamming "Guards!" in your Provo-macro almost guarantees that every griefer on the shard will seek-out your character to town-kill ...

Carry on!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Only a caution: spamming "Guards!" in your Provo-macro almost guarantees that every griefer on the shard will seek-out your character to town-kill ...

Carry on!

SS
Yeaaaahhh! You're right. :D

But, I had no option, there was a guy already trying to kill me, at least the 'guards' keep him at distance...

Ok, now I'll gone, 7 and half hours, 94.6, 2.3 points gained, I give up. I'll try this again tomorrow...

shiloh
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by shiloh »

I Gm provo by "corraling" 2 animals behind locked down tables in my house. From 90 to Gm it took me perhaps 2 days max. I placed a house in a secluded spot and had no problem at all with griefers.

shiloh
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by shiloh »

And the macro I used was the most basic. I simply provo'D one animal against the other ..adding a 6 sec pause

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

That sounds alright, 2 days to GM, that's what I'm getting here.

More 7 hours, 98 now. The rate looks like 0.1 points / 20 min.

shiloh
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by shiloh »

The best part of using the locked down table approach is that you can set yourself up with the animals behind the tables, hit the macro button and let it run all by itself. It will run unattended overnight with no oversight on your part.

If you would like, I will be happy to help you set up. PM me -- shiloh