What DO you like about UOT2A?

Topics related to Second Age
SighelmofWyrmgard

What DO you like about UOT2A?

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I wanted to start a new thread to consolidate some valid discussion from the members. Interspersed will be my own reasons for liking this freeshard above all others.
a nerd wrote:Fat People.

*waits for applause*

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.
I happen to like that UOSA has a nerd; discuss?
Nickodemuse wrote: Crazy for me to say this but my main complaint right now is there is not enough pk's on the shard right now. I set up a healing macro in the BK room for a new guy to the server the other night. We ran it for 4 hours before last save and never got killed. I was surprised. He GM'd his combat skills he was shooting for.

As for Vega being a cancer to the community, VEGA is VEGA. I sold him a snow pile for 2 small deeds one time, and when i was good on gold again, I had to buy it back for 100k. I think, hence his forum's name CAPITALIST.

He's one of the only few players active who always are looking for pvp. Want dead? Events are all ready back, bring back PVP, more vets will return IMO

p.s. I'm not trolling you, just my honest 2 cents.
Nicko, you're right: not even Vega and GI Joe combined can be everywhere; but where they are, beware!

Anyone care to discuss?
Aeris wrote:Never understood why people complain about veterinary. What do they expect bandages to heal 40% each? Greater healing pets uses a shit-load of mana, so you end up being low on mana constantly. Vet just eliminates this mana problem, and is 10x cheaper (but costs you 80-100 skill points, of course). I ran 80 vet (w/ 100 animal lore) when I played here and it worked fantastic.

Super duper complicated vet macro:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you begin applying the bandages
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:04
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1543|
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3617|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1
Assistant.Macros.LastTargetAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
I have always felt a little beatified when reading anything supplied by Aeris: something which I have no reason to think is reciprocated but, I have to admit that I also find myself feeling beatified over that ... ; discuss?

Okay, everyone wants to know what I think! (Oh, I know you do: otherwise, you wouldn't be reading this; right, Taboo?)

This shard is great because ... (wait for it!) ... the ruleset is stable, un-arbitrary, and makes sense, all across the board. It commutes with all the era-accurate Stratics archived stuff. I have come to realize that that accomplishment is actually something of a miracle!

Ultimate thanks must go to Derrick: Derrick, thanks!

Indulge me and I will attempt to be brief, describing a sequence of misadventures I had had, last two years.

I am, and almost always have been, content with UOSA's vision and implementation. I had ceased playing UO on OSI before UO:R. I hated the entire concept of "Trammel & Felucca", thereto only the names attached to Britannia's moons, as a 'trite' no-fix-at-all to the problems in the PvP system (as attested to in what became the "ashes" of PaxLair on Chesapeake); of course EA is, and always has been, "all about money". It may be that Richard Garriott had made some business decisions that could be described as, "less good than others".

Anyway, I had no idea of the sheer volume of work that had to be done to produce UOSA. Modern emulator baselines (their 'foundation code') is so-far removed from interacting-with t2A-era-OSI-servers ... I did not want to write an essay, but I will backtrack a bit, and tell you that there were emulators almost immediately after the launch of t2A (because the CD provided a "bare-bones" server template): I never bothered with any of them and, in fact, never revisited UO at all until I discovered the existence of UOSA. UOSA had been my first free-shard server: I had had a naïve expectation that most/all free-shards had evolved from the same stock, i.e. de-compiling the demo files ... um, no, and now I know (a little) better where I was wrong.

Yes, the base-lines of the emulators are way-off, in comparison to our target era: UOSA has fixed all that; and UOSA guarantees that that will never change!

What's off? Pretty much everything: shopkeeper prices, for example; Eggmona's guide works here, but should also work on any/all the "pre-publish17" shards; it doe not, but it's not because Eggmona is drek, it's because those shards are!

BTW, the principles in Eggmona's guide originally came from a Stratics Essay, but at least it's true! BTW, I'm pretty sure Eggmona was the first person to bring it to the attention of the community. Works for me!

So, what is it with all the other shards? THEY ARE ALL FULL OF SHIT! And that's it.

Sounds trite, I guess. It's not: if there is/was a stability in many of the emulators' rule systems, that stability is/was anchored to an entirely different era of EA-OSI UO; if you want to do pre-AoS (or maybe even later ...) the baseline emulator functions are just wrong; otherwise they are just arbitrary and, as a result, pointless.

So, All free-shards except UOSA are bullshit; that's all I have to say.

SS
Last edited by SighelmofWyrmgard on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Nickodemuse

Re: What DO you like about UOT2A?

Post by Nickodemuse »

I like the fact there are alot of new players joining the shard and alot of UOSA vets returning.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Mens Rea

Yew Bastard

Post by Yew Bastard »

I really enjoy discount regs. Especially when they're an ACTUAL discount.
Last edited by Yew Bastard on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G.I Joe

Post by G.I Joe »

AMERICA
HELP MAKE UOSA GREAT AGAIN!
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/3709
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65299 [CONFIRMED KILLS]