Hello, was considering playing here and I have some question

Topics related to Second Age
semajextah

Hello, was considering playing here and I have some question

Post by semajextah »

What's the pvp like? do you use scrolls to reduce the cast time? are there rare mount spawns??? I always enjoyed the simplicity of ultima online but the current server I play on i sorta feel its getting out of hand... Not to mention, I and some other players have started to suspect who's players actually have a gm account also... These sorta things tend to piss me off, especially when they seem to be the haves.... Needless to say I've always enjoyed the simplicity but purity of ultima online, I enjoy both pve and pvp. Is there a stat cap? a skill cap? are there rare dye tubs you can purchase? can you use tinkering to make fences and lock them down outside of your house to create a compound? Just to give you some back ground, I played novus opiate secorlum like 17 years ago and about 12ish years ago I played XUO until it closed down. The current server I play on I won't discuss because its not my style. Also how's the community? ive met alot of good people in the past and i know its a game but the current server im on ive never felt so frustrated with other people on there... even my friends, its kinda sad and i also realize its just a reflection of the gamer community now days but needless to say i wanted to ask... Thanks for reading - Sema

Edit: I briefly went through the FAQ and didn't really see the answer to any of my questions, im lead to believe its an OSI replica but it didnt say that either so here i am.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Hello, was considering playing here and I have some ques

Post by Mens Rea »

Hail thee,

This is plain vanilla style T2A and game mechanics. There is sometimes little treats for Xmas and Easter, and other notable ingame and out of game events.

This server is like 10 years old, no problems with GMs.

No cash purchases for in game items, so its a balanced playing field.

If you kill the guy called Vega then you in a prize.

semajextah

Post by semajextah »

I see, i've never actually played much of the plain osi... so its a 700 skill cap? Could i have lots of success using magery only to kill? its pretty annoying to pvp with no skill cap sometimes, people bandages, hitting for 50 with a bardiche and then flame striking.... I also like to think outside the box though, maybe toss an explosion pot on em while paralyzed and them flame striking etc... maybe i should check it out, its 300 stat cap? or 350

Edit: are there a maximum number of accounts? having 2 accounts would be nice so i could have my crafter making scrolls or potions etc while I farm gold...

PorkTornado

Post by PorkTornado »

Yes it's a 700 skill cap. The stat cap is 225. I'd suggest if you're gonna PvP here it would be beneficial to use explosion pots, you may have a small amount of success only using magery to kill depending on your tactics but most PvP templates incorporate a melee skill (swords to be exact) for the large halberd hits. Lastly, you are allowed 3 accounts.

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

I am happy to help get you started making a basic melee/bard (cheapest, quickest money maker). Start with 50 Magery/healing. GM music, provoke, melee, tacs, anatomy, healing, 60 Magery, 40 resist so you don't get vamped by a PK. I'd go 100 str, 80 dex, 45 int. Easy to macro herding for strength, if you don't want to teeter your skills. Something like this build is my suggestion, you can always change it down the road but it's cheap and quick by avoiding cost to gain Magery, (for a new player).

Once your up, easy to farm to supply a tank mage build, just as pork tornado suggested. 100 str, 25 or 35 dex, 100 or 90 int.

-Fox
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

:!:
Last edited by FakeEcaj on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

My own two cents... PVP here can be brutal. You have to know that the PVPers that remain are highly skilled and often times run with high accuracy vanq items. The standard build for pvp is a tank mage, although I've seen some people run dexxers with decent success.

Very few items here are blessed, and even those blessed items are not useful for survival. So just know, that if you die you will loose all your regs, weapons, and worst of all, runebooks...

You can find some nice people here that will help you out, but just know that there is a large amount of people that will kill you and take everything you own if they get a chance.

Welcome to UOSA, I invite you to stay but don't expect it... =)
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

semajextah

Post by semajextah »

Yes id love to borrow a small house, I'm gonna give it a shot because I think that the purity is a good thing... itll be hard to getting used to not being able to hide/stealth on a horse but im sure ill have fun...

EDIT: yeah i should probably start with a bard to make money, good idea!! provoke is so useful, so what combat skill you think? mace fighting ?? archery??

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

:!:
Last edited by FakeEcaj on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

semajextah

Post by semajextah »

yeah i dont mind being killed etc, its part of the game ;).... Im online now trying to figure out how to get started.... where do you wanna meet me?

Edit: lol i mean ive played ultima online a buttload, i just haven't ever had a skill cap... I know i lose stuff on death and its part of the thrill, lol...

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

semajextah wrote:Yes id love to borrow a small house, I'm gonna give it a shot because I think that the purity is a good thing... itll be hard to getting used to not being able to hide/stealth on a horse but im sure ill have fun...

EDIT: yeah i should probably start with a bard to make money, good idea!! provoke is so useful, so what combat skill you think? mace fighting ?? archery??
I'd go swords, then fencing. I won't be on to help ya get set up until later, but start off by macroing music to GM, while macroing amatomy, then provoke two animals together in a stable...

Fox
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP