Considering playing here

Topics related to Second Age
curran12

Considering playing here

Post by curran12 »

So I am thinking of putting down some nostalgia here and trying out the first mmo I played (TSA), but I was wondering if I might ask a few questions before I dive into this and indulge all of my old memories.

First, while I know this is a cutthroat PVP server, is the pvp all over the place? Or generally confined to certain areas? Namely asking what the community's general danger level is if I run into them out of town, also as a blatantly new character. :P

Second, while there are certainly less players here than back in the day, what is the housing situation like? One memory I want to be rid of is the packed fields of housing. Is that a thing here? If I were to earn my own deed, would it even be worth it to look for a place to place the house?

Third, where are the busy towns and areas?

Thanks in advance for the information!

FakeEcaj

Re: Considering playing here

Post by FakeEcaj »

:!:
Last edited by FakeEcaj on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

curran12

Post by curran12 »

FakeEcaj wrote: Useful and welcoming things.
Great, this is sounding more and more like a good place to be for me.

And yeah, my interest really isn't too much in the pvp scene, though I do like the thrill and tension of it when you run into someone out of town. My main interest is in rolling up a pve character and just building up over time like the old days. Get a house, get a ship and indulge in what my addiction was back in the day...SOS bottles. :P

Also, as another question, how is the community nowadays ingame? While I imagine such a small population means things are probably fairly civil, it's worth knowing ahead of time what all I'm getting into. :P

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

curran12

Post by curran12 »

That's good to hear. And I'm definitely more and more excited to dive into my nostalgia headfirst.

Now for a dumb tech question, given the big step up in monitor resolutions, what's the best way to play without a tiny window? If any?

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Welcome to the shard.

I do not give 'hand-outs' (I do not believe that free stuff creates quality players: rather, the opposite), but I am happy to give 'hand-ups'.

I'll offer free armour & weapon repairs, sell GM equipment & potions, build a spellbook, buy any crafting raw materials ... I could even rent-out a house.

Please send me a PM if you have need, or any questions about the game-mechanics.

Good luck!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I played Pacific, I am really cool

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

curran12 wrote:That's good to hear. And I'm definitely more and more excited to dive into my nostalgia headfirst.

Now for a dumb tech question, given the big step up in monitor resolutions, what's the best way to play without a tiny window? If any?
Force Game Size in razor More Options tab
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

curran12

Post by curran12 »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Welcome to the shard.

I do not give 'hand-outs' (I do not believe that free stuff creates quality players: rather, the opposite), but I am happy to give 'hand-ups'.

I'll offer free armour & weapon repairs, sell GM equipment & potions, build a spellbook, buy any crafting raw materials ... I could even rent-out a house.

Please send me a PM if you have need, or any questions about the game-mechanics.

Good luck!

SS
Will do! Thanks a lot for it.

And yeah, I agree with that idea on hand outs. I mean, when I was a dumb kid playing this back in the day, I did my share of death robe begging in the Yew bank, but now, I'm not in a rush for wealth or achievement. When I get my house, I want that feeling of having earned the money and did the legwork to find a place for it. But other than that, my big aspiration is to just be a treasure hunter. I love those SOS bottles. :P