House killed again - I'm out for good, congrats!

Topics related to Second Age
Nemo the bard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

House killed again - I'm out for good, congrats!

Post by Nemo the bard »

Wish I could say good morning, I got house killed again last night while trying to macro. Was standing inside middle squares of Large brick and came back to death screen with the option to report Grinder as murderer. I'm out.

I understand y'all are all about era accuracy, that is cool and all but sometimes as a game develops they fix things for a reason. Fundamental safety from killing INSIDE your own house is something along those lines. Just because I live next to water or some bullshit terrain hump or dip should not give any asshole from using whatever method people are using here to kill me in the safe zone of a house. I have moved about 10 times and the same bullshit keeps happening. You can keep it, I am out.

Capitalist

Re: House killed again - I'm out for good, congrats!

Post by Capitalist »

I'll sell you a macro safe house at cost.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Once you learn how line of sight works you wont be making this mistake ever again.

Nemo the bard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nemo the bard »

Please, explain to me how line of sight works in detail in regards to being inside a house. How are these jerk offs able to keep killing me in the middle of a Large brick?

Pro

Post by Pro »

It should just be considered a bug and fixed. The mechanism itself contributes nothing to the shard over than mild annoyance for those who understand it and grief for those who don't.

Dragor
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Dragor »

try macro in the middle of a small house

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

3 ways here.

Meteor Swarm and Chain Lightning are able to target 2 tiles into your house from any wall (patio walls and L shapes are tricky be careful).

Houses with "stone wall" foundations (Castle's, Keeps, Towers) can be seen into 7 tiles from any wall (including wall tile), this means the AOE spells mentioned above can reach up to 9 tiles. The method is to cast AOE spells on the ground under the structure, if you stand 3 tiles or more away from any exterior wall you can effectively see under the house and therefore cast spells on any part of the ground your spell range can reach.

Lastly, any house can be seen into if there is a nearby "land dip". A land dip is defined as any part of ground that lay lower than the foundation that the house is placed on. Avoid going afk within casting range (10 tiles, more if AOE) of any nearby land dips, shore lines are notorious for having many land dips in them. The method is to target (set last target) any house floor tile (not ground underneath), stand under the house in a land dip and simply cast AOE spells or throw purple potions on the targeted house floor tile.

That's all, good luck.

Edit: Nice to see you posting here Pro, you filthy gargoyle.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Just get rid of this annoyance.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

If this helps:

In honoring the goal of making this shard 'the way it was' and replicating the T2A era...

Servers during T2A were flourishing with players... random newbies all over the place! Easily 1000+ players on each server, during peak times.

This mechanic (which allows killing in house spots that were designed to be 'safe'), directly prohibits the growth of the server, thereby making the rule counterproductive to one of the primary goals of the server, replicating T2A!

:shock:
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

G.I Joe

Post by G.I Joe »

THIS PRACTICE NEEDS TO BE BANNED. TIME TO PUT THE NEEDS OF UOSA CITIZENS FIRST!
WE EITHER HAVE A UOSA OR WE DONT.
HELP MAKE UOSA GREAT AGAIN!
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/3709
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65299 [CONFIRMED KILLS]

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I think it is entirely plausible to add this LOS exploit into the camp of gold duping. Gold duping is era accurate and for obvious reasons we do not have it here.

Also, as I mention every time we have this conversation, house foundation tiles are still bugged from a years old patch that caused half of them (direction based) to act differently from the other half. I can give more info about this if needed.

I suggest that this line of enquiry be reopened and examined for the betterment of the realm.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I played during T2A - not part of gameplay, unknown mechanic and/or something that people were banned for if used.

Get rid of this rubbish.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

I've played this game on n off for a few years. Never gave I ever been house killed from los. Get good wizards
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

I'm still playing UO exactly because of the risk of dying and losing all your stuff. I don't want a 'safe' game, that's why WoW sucks.
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Haha, hilarious.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.