Shame Island lockpicking spawn.

Topics related to Second Age
Eternal Noob

Shame Island lockpicking spawn.

Post by Eternal Noob »

Hi all, this is my first post here so please be gentle with me.

I'm trying to raise my lockpicking and I used to do the shame island chest (lev 4). I was away from the game for a while and recently returned to the fun :) So I went through my usual runes to the lev 4 chests in game, I'm at 98 LP and I really want that GM hehe.

Anyway I recalled to the shame island chest and was greeted by a giant serpent... instant wtf?? I managed to hit my gtfo macro and landed at a bank with a serious poison bite. I got very lucky phew.

So my question is ... Is that serpent supposed to be there? I played for months before and there wasn't a serpent on that island. The normal spawn was water ellies in the water around it. Has someone just boat lured it there to mess with lockpickers or is it a permanent spawn feature now?

Thanks for reading this and thanks for your time. Good hunting to all!

Orphea

Re: Shame Island lockpicking spawn.

Post by Orphea »

hello, Welcome back, just gm hiding and stealth, you need to hide before recalling to chest. 98 enough for lvl 4 chest, gm will comes automatically, and fast if play lvl 4 lockpick in dungeons. Good luck xD

Eternal Noob

Post by Eternal Noob »

Thanks for your time and the good advice.

Sadly I'm a treasure hunter, the Skill set doesn't allow for 200 points of stealth and hiding.
Currently I'm LockP 98, Magery 91, meditation 68, GM eval, Cartography 97, GM Provo, GM Music.

I can handle the serpent no problem hehe, it was just weird to see it on that tiny island when it has Never spawned there. I just wanted to know if it was a permanent spawn change or the result of a spawn lure to grief.

Anyways, thank you again for trying to help me it is much appreciated :)

Good hunting to all :)

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

Hi Noob,

Thanks for making a forum login and posting! Welcome back, keep playing the game!

(While Orphea's suggestion is good and makes dungeon chesting a little easier, I do understand the breakdown of your template, as my t-hunter has the exact same template).

I too noticed that the spawn changed at one point in the past few months. That said, I do not know enough about the spawn mechanics, or spawning for those islands, to answer your question with certainty. I do not think it was lured, as I've killed the serpent there before, and I've noticed it again in the future. Then again, I've also picked it at time with no spawn on the island, in recent months. So, while I suspect that the spawn mechanics are such that is can/will spawn there at times, it is odd that for such a long period before, there did not appear to be a serpent there on a consistent basis.

-Fox
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

The spawn there has changed. Specifically, the change occurred during the Guild of Eternal Shadows event chain: at one point in the story, the Shame islands "participated" and were linked by bridges; ever since, those (previously spawn-free) islands have been generating dungeon-groundspawn. To be clear, Water Elementals have always spawned on the water (and one of the islands is low enough for them to come onto the land), but dungeon-groundspawn has only appeared since the GoES event used that area.

I know of at least one other spawn that had changed after a "visit" from GoES: it used to be that TWO Liches spawned in Yew Catacombs; after GoES used Yew Crypts, the one that should spawn near the (very-rarely-lvl4) dungeon-chest in the northeasternmost room in the Crypts ceased to spawn. Now, I have not been over there in at least a few months: I don't know if that Lich-spawn has been restored.

All of these remarks beg the question, of course, of Era-Accuracy: did GoES break Era-Accurate spawns; or fix Not-Era-Accurate spawns? I certainly don't know.

I don't want to unnecessarily bother staff, but I wouldn't mind a confirmation/disposition/investigation regarding these matters.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Damascus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Damascus »

I have noticed a spawn change too.
Its not related to any dungeon but to my Castle.
For about 7 years i never once had a monster spawn in my CY. For about the last 6 months i now have a spawn.
i deal with it since the spawn is normally one or 2.

Eternal Noob

Post by Eternal Noob »

Thank you to Orphea, Fox, SighelmofWyrmgard and Damascus. I'm glad you agreed that the spawn had changed, when you get to my age you start to think "I guess I imagined it" lol.

I'm such an old fart, you have stopped me doubting my sanity :) *Takes a deep bow* thank you.

I guess we will need an admin to look at this and decide which spawn is era accurate.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I've adjusted Shame Island spawns today. The spawners on those islands were present long before the Guild of Eternal Shadows event series, and at some point they were most certainly active (I do recall them being present when I was a player), I am not sure when they were officially disabled. I'll take experienced lockpicker's word for it for now while looking through some old posts to see when the switch may have been made.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Orphea

Post by Orphea »

here don't spawns lvl 4 chest too? long time didnt found.
Attachments
LvL4 Chest.jpg
LvL4 Chest.jpg (139.32 KiB) Viewed 4283 times

Eternal Noob

Post by Eternal Noob »

Thank you all for taking the time to help with this. I really appreciate it :)

You have a great shard here 8)

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Eternal Noob,

There are at least 16 lvl 4 chests you can hit in trying to GM LPing. I understand that this char is
a treasure hunter, so no hiding/stealth. Since you are at 98, you aren't to long away from GM.
I'd guess about 250-300 more attempts to get there. If you hit all the spots at least once a day
or so, it will happen in no time.
Since most of the chests spots are in dangerous locations, you can set a hot key to double click
a gate. Then you can pull a gate to the chest spot, attempt to hide or cast invis while stand within
the gate, use the hot key, you go through hidden and able to pick the chest.
I don't think you will be able to step one tile away to pop the trap without revealing yourself, unless
you can cast fast to hide again to loot it.

Not having stealth is a challenge for GM LPing on a treasure hunter. At least without it taking awhile
on chests in safe locations, which there aren't a lot of.

Keep up the quest, you will feel great once you GM, its a awesome accomplishment.

Good luck!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Eternal Noob

Post by Eternal Noob »

Thanks for the help Orion. I didn't realise there were 16 possible chests to pick, I think I have five or six places marked. Hmmmm I think a trip to a rune library might be in order, see what spots i've missed hehe.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Boomland fixed the spawn. There is no spawn on the island now.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Eternal Noob wrote:Thanks for the help Orion. I didn't realise there were 16 possible chests to pick, I think I have five or six places marked. Hmmmm I think a trip to a rune library might be in order, see what spots i've missed hehe.

Your welcome sir, happy to help.

If you go to the tower in my sig, Trinny Stone Vendors, west of Trinsic gate. There is a LPing runebook
on the top, with some lockpicks on the stack. Front room to the right, can't miss it.
You are welcome to use or make a copy, if you need a runebook, shoot me a pm.
The last 2 spots are in Papua, which you need to be over the to access. The other 14
will give you a good start.

Cheers
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Orphea

Post by Orphea »

btw, is in t2a only 2 lvl 4 chests? ik only at mages and in fiends room @ speaking ball, is there more in t2a?