Need someone with computer knowledge! Please help!

Topics related to Second Age
Gemini

Need someone with computer knowledge! Please help!

Post by Gemini »

I was trying to change the resolution on the screen for one of my characters and now he won't load. Any time I try to load that particular character the game window acts as though it's minimized, although you can't bring the game window up by clicking the UO icon, alt+tabbing, or anything. All my other characters work fine. I re-installed UO and that didn't fix anything since each character has it's own configuration set up. I sent a message for a GM but nobody is on right now.

In my character folder, there are a few specific files for each character. I am afraid if I delete the wrong file that my character will be corrupted and that he might never load again. These are the files in my character folder:

chardata.mul
desktop.uos
macros2d.txt
multicache.dat
skillgrp.mul
uo.cfg

What I need to do is reset all the graphics to their default settings...would the uo.cfg file be safe to delete? And is that the right one to delete? I don't want to destroy my character on accident.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Need someone with computer knowledge! Please help!

Post by Soma »

Assuming win 7/8/10...

Hover over the game window in the task bar... right click.... maximize.

Alternatively alt+enter
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I've had this happen before and it ended up being that the game window was off screen. If you alt+shift+space (I think) and click "move", it should bring the window to your mouse.

Gemini

Post by Gemini »

"Shift" plus right click on the icon on the bottom of the screen fixed it. You were right, the window was completely off the screen somehow. Thanks everyone. I was in a bit of a panic. This server is full of helpful players :) See you all in Vesper sometime