Where the hell is everyone?

Topics related to Second Age
Capitalist

Re: Where the hell is everyone?

Post by Capitalist »

THAT TALK ENDS AT YOUR KEYBOARD, ROSE!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

First to ever see someone say Roser is toxic, Vega, yeah I have seen that before :lol:

I am gonna be honest, if I couldn't do the things I can do in T2A, on this server, I would have 0 interest in UO. I don't get the bonded pets, and all that jazz. There are just better games out there to play, I am just saying. 20 year old game no one has heard of. UOSA had 600 people on average recently playing here, and like Roser said it was around 900 at one point. UOF has around 1000 i think right now on average? But its all still UO. Its not like this server over here is better then this said server because of this or that, your still playing UO.

I have no idea how so many played here on UOSA for so long, and or why anyone would play on any UO server for a long time, and leave for another UO server. It would be one thing if they tried it for a little bit, you know and found something else, ok that is understandable. However UOSA ran strong with nearly the pop that UOF has now for a long time.

I mean if a said person just doesn't care for T2A then obviously they need to find another server. However if you stopped playing any UO server because of other players being "toxic" or what have you, that is a little ridiculous, especially on a T2A server, but that is imo.
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Kye Smogg, every single one of your posts has something to do with negativity toward UOSA. It's very obvious that your purpose here is to throw mud at UOSA and it's players/community as well as stir up controversy in whatever way you know how. A simple post search on your account reveals this to be true.

You are actually spending your time writing up bullshit on a community forum for a game that you haven't belonged to in years, if at all.

Go outside, take in a breath of fresh air, take your own advice "move on already", then swallow a fucking revolver.

As for ending at the keyboard, feel free to further this conversation by joining me in voice chat on discord. I am available throughout the day/night.

Gork

Post by Gork »

Roser wrote:Kye Smogg, every single one of your posts has something to do with negativity toward UOSA. It's very obvious that your purpose here is to throw mud at UOSA and it's players/community as well as stir up controversy in whatever way you know how. A simple post search on your account reveals this to be true.

You are actually spending your time writing up bullshit on a community forum for a game that you haven't belonged to in years, if at all.

Go outside, take in a breath of fresh air, take your own advice "move on already", then swallow a fucking revolver.

As for ending at the keyboard, feel free to further this conversation by joining me in voice chat on discord. I am available throughout the day/night.

Smashed!

advanced1
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by advanced1 »

Gork wrote:
Roser wrote:Kye Smogg, every single one of your posts has something to do with negativity toward UOSA. It's very obvious that your purpose here is to throw mud at UOSA and it's players/community as well as stir up controversy in whatever way you know how. A simple post search on your account reveals this to be true.

Smashed!
Last edited by advanced1 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
YewFriends wrote: Dont worry versair outside of evil people like Orni and Krypt theres alot of good in the game. Need anything hit me up.

my dexer rules

Post by my dexer rules »

Kye Smogg wrote:
Roser wrote:Kye Smogg, your narrative about UOSA population is ignorant at best and really has no bearing on the reality of the situation.

Step onto my screen and I will cut your useless shill cunt head off and shove it up your loose bruised asshole. Find a way to be helpful, spare us your garbage opinions or get the fuck out.

The "cant cut it here mentality" is a partial foundation of what built UOSA in the first place. It's what got us to 900 online. The creation of UOSA was in part a response to the poor direction UO took after this era, a direction which introduced trammel and turned the world into a bunch of care bear sissy's who really couldn't cut it at all in a "hard mode" version of the game.

The real story of why UOSA dropped in population is complex but I will break it down into three main points...

1 - Administration became absent for years
2 - UOSA was attacked and its players were persuaded through intelligent campaigns to join other servers
3 - Ultima Online trending down as a whole

We have a new administration now that is trying really hard to please their supporters, as well as thankless fuckwit's like yourself Kye Smogg, for free. UOSA is still being attacked by shitty people, stealth marketers are still here trying to persuade our players to join other servers, and Ultima Online is still trending down.

Just remember that the community of UOSA and the staff here do not engage in the underhanded stealth marketing tactics that other servers do. There is no blood on the hands on UOSA and its community in this regard.
Aren't you that fat, creepy tool that thinks people want to watch his stream? You're as irrelevant as that other moron trying to talk smack, so I will also give you the one reply you likely don't deserve.

What I have is an opinion which you have become incredibly triggered by. You can believe your reasons why people no longer play here and I'll continue to believe mine. I know a group of them who left for the reasons I specified, so you just keep believing what you want to believe if it makes you feel good. The only thing wrong here is a certain part of the player base. You guys seem to constantly bring up other servers, not sure why you're so obsessed with what everyone else is doing. Move on already, they've forgotten about you.

So you can sit there, attempt to talk tough with profanities and pretend to be intelligent, but you're part of the toxic population. But I can promise you, that talk ends at your keyboard.
So your whole point is that mean people on drugs drove you and others away with their mean words and want to kill you attitude? It seems to me you don't get the concept of the game. If you want to have a care bear atmosphere where no one ever kills you and you can farm all day for gold and pixels then you should have just stayed with UO in all it's other forms as it progressed into sheer boredom. There are plenty of players here that are willing to help people and that like to engage in adult conversation. They will still kill you if they have a chance but, that's the point, to have a game where you are never safe and can lose all you have through death, scamming, looting and all kinds of other skull duggery. That was always the thrill of this era!

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

my dexer rules wrote:
Kye Smogg wrote:
Roser wrote:Kye Smogg, your narrative about UOSA population is ignorant at best and really has no bearing on the reality of the situation.

Step onto my screen and I will cut your useless shill cunt head off and shove it up your loose bruised asshole. Find a way to be helpful, spare us your garbage opinions or get the fuck out.

The "cant cut it here mentality" is a partial foundation of what built UOSA in the first place. It's what got us to 900 online. The creation of UOSA was in part a response to the poor direction UO took after this era, a direction which introduced trammel and turned the world into a bunch of care bear sissy's who really couldn't cut it at all in a "hard mode" version of the game.

The real story of why UOSA dropped in population is complex but I will break it down into three main points...

1 - Administration became absent for years
2 - UOSA was attacked and its players were persuaded through intelligent campaigns to join other servers
3 - Ultima Online trending down as a whole

We have a new administration now that is trying really hard to please their supporters, as well as thankless fuckwit's like yourself Kye Smogg, for free. UOSA is still being attacked by shitty people, stealth marketers are still here trying to persuade our players to join other servers, and Ultima Online is still trending down.

Just remember that the community of UOSA and the staff here do not engage in the underhanded stealth marketing tactics that other servers do. There is no blood on the hands on UOSA and its community in this regard.
Aren't you that fat, creepy tool that thinks people want to watch his stream? You're as irrelevant as that other moron trying to talk smack, so I will also give you the one reply you likely don't deserve.

What I have is an opinion which you have become incredibly triggered by. You can believe your reasons why people no longer play here and I'll continue to believe mine. I know a group of them who left for the reasons I specified, so you just keep believing what you want to believe if it makes you feel good. The only thing wrong here is a certain part of the player base. You guys seem to constantly bring up other servers, not sure why you're so obsessed with what everyone else is doing. Move on already, they've forgotten about you.

So you can sit there, attempt to talk tough with profanities and pretend to be intelligent, but you're part of the toxic population. But I can promise you, that talk ends at your keyboard.
So your whole point is that mean people on drugs drove you and others away with their mean words and want to kill you attitude? It seems to me you don't get the concept of the game. If you want to have a care bear atmosphere where no one ever kills you and you can farm all day for gold and pixels then you should have just stayed with UO in all it's other forms as it progressed into sheer boredom. There are plenty of players here that are willing to help people and that like to engage in adult conversation. They will still kill you if they have a chance but, that's the point, to have a game where you are never safe and can lose all you have through death, scamming, looting and all kinds of other skull duggery. That was always the thrill of this era!
Yes, this. There are just better games, way better games imo to play then other era's of UO. T2A is UO to me, what my dexer rules hits on is one of the things about the server that makes it fun and rewarding. Then the PvP, its very skill based, requires timing, and good execution. Very dynamic, with a high skill ceiling. Sky is the limit with what one player can do in PvP in T2A. When I die, I always know the how, and why like with any mmorpg, but there is always a answer to a situation with UO T2A. Its not a cd for cd game like WoW, its not a holy trinity system, its very dynamic, with the right items and skill you can do anything in PvP here.

But yeah all that is the point of UO T2A. For both PvPers, PvEr's, RPer's, crafters, thieves, there is a rewarding place in T2A for all those playstyles. Without the risk and reward factor, you've really just taken the entire point of the game away. The reward of looting a stocked player, stealing there pure mare, and the risk of that being something that could happen to you. That is UO to me. Can't steal pure mares? Imma play World of Warcraft.
Baalx in IRC

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Rose isn't fat. He'd be a top for sure. :wink:
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

I'd like to think UOSA has learned certain lessons, but I doubt it. Everytime I have ever introduced a friend to the game, they love the retro, cool graphics..... and then they start talking to the community. No one needs the drama associated with trashy, angry-at-the-world, beta - gamma type dudes trolling the internet.

Meh, who cares anyway. Nothing lasts forever.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

So.....when are you coming back Taboo?

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

Taboo wrote:I'd like to think UOSA has learned certain lessons, but I doubt it. Everytime I have ever introduced a friend to the game, they love the retro, cool graphics..... and then they start talking to the community. No one needs the drama associated with trashy, angry-at-the-world, beta - gamma type dudes trolling the internet.

Meh, who cares anyway. Nothing lasts forever.
Taboo!
Baalx in IRC

crappled

Post by crappled »

I can tell you why I quit.. I suck. I guess that falls under the category of "just couldn't cut it" ? That's not to say I can't stand the harshness of the game and the pvp, I LOVE pvp. But after 20 years of not being good at a game, I get sick of dying, I just can't compete. But UO for the last 13 years or so has just been me grasping for the entertainment that it provided me back in jr high when my best friend was still alive and we would play for days on end. It was never really the same after the first couple years, and I quickly realize it every time I return. All good things must come to an end. Also another thing that I never really cared for on UOSA was the amount of housing one person was allowed to have across their accounts. It just made the world look like a game designed by a 12 year old, and even when the population was in the 400-600s when I last played it just felt wrong to have so many houses. Now years later again I was entertaining the idea of returning to try and recapture that wonderful UO feeling, but seeing the low population has got me dredging the forums to see what's going on, and not really considering coming back at all.. Like I said, I suck, and I can't imagine I'm going to do any better after not playing for 2 years and coming into a server with 60 people who have probably been playing non-stop all this time.

And to the moron in here talking about how the "toxic community" drove players away, every one of your posts has been dripping with toxic..

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

You can still come back and have fun without being great at PVP. We have a fairly descent size guild that everyone just has fun playing uo together. We have a couple super star pvp guys, but most of us are mediocre at best, but the comradery is why we stay and why we play. If you decide to come back, hit me up and maybe we can create that environment you long for and miss. I have done 4 rounds here on UOSA and this last time coming back was the only time I became social and I must say it feels like 1999/2000 again and I am loving it.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

I love it here...I'll be playing more now that I decided that Shroud of the Avatar sucks. I'm a loner anyway so I don't care what the population is. The current administration is great, but I agree the server took a hit a few years back when the admin pulled a vanishing act and Telemons bots were running rampant. This is a genius game and I haven't found any new games that can hold a candle to it...they are all eye candy.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Grofus wrote:So.....when are you coming back Taboo?
I drop in to refresh houses, not rearrange deck chairs on the titanic. Even then I can't really be bothered to refresh them all, apparently.