Macroing crafted items for tickets? Read this first!

Topics related to Second Age
Gemini

Macroing crafted items for tickets? Read this first!

Post by Gemini »

Right now the Tidy Up Brittania event is going on and not all of us are lucky enough to have keeps and castles full of unused Power weapons we can trash for points. So some players are crafting items and throwing them in the trashcan to make points. This is a slow but reliable way to get additional tickets if you don't have quite enough for that neon hair dye or furniture dye tub you need.

However, at least 2 different players have already bought the beard cream (to change your facial hair) on accident while macroing and this is how it's happening. If part of your macro includes throwing your item in the trash after it's made, your macro includes a script to select menu option #2 which is where you say "yes" to confirm deleting the item. If you happen to double click your trashcan while your macro is running, there is a good chance that beard cream will be automatically selected for 10,000 points which happens to be menu option #2. The GM's cannot refund tickets or even confirm that your beard cream was obtained during this event so if you aren't careful, you will be wasting tickets.

The safe way to check your ticket balance is to always stop your macro if you need to check your ticket balance. As far as a suggestion to a GM, when the rewards are changed on July 11th, 2017, perhaps a cheap placeholder reward could be placed in slot #2 of the reward menu. Maybe a shirt that says "I participated in the Tidy Up Brittania event and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" for 50 honor points or something so if someone buys it on accident it's not a big deal.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Macroing crafted items for tickets? Read this first!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

I'm surprised the GMs would add anything to the menu to help people with this problem. The very idea of crafting new items to then trash barrel and get tickets goes against the premise of TUB. Otherwise, good info thanks.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Gemini

Post by Gemini »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:I'm surprised the GMs would add anything to the menu to help people with this problem. The very idea of crafting new items to then trash barrel and get tickets goes against the premise of TUB. Otherwise, good info thanks.
I think the idea of Tidy up Britannia is two fold:

1) to free up server space by deleting items. And so far it's been successful. There were over 1,300,000 items in game when the project started and now there are under 1,000,000 items. Who knows how low the number of items will be when it's all said and done.

2) The second reason is likely an attempt to re-vitalize the game. Get players who haven't logged in in a while to log on again in hopes they will stick around. It also gives newer players like myself a chance at collecting a cool cosmetic item like a hair dye deed. Any crafted items made solely for the purpose of trashing for points are deleted so it's not adding to the problem of clutter on the server. It's keeping the online population numbers up to hopefully entice other players to log on. When a player visting the UOSA website sees that there are 90 players online that looks better than 40 players online and they might be more inclined to start on this shard.

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Gemini wrote:
Drunk'n Disorder wrote:I'm surprised the GMs would add anything to the menu to help people with this problem. The very idea of crafting new items to then trash barrel and get tickets goes against the premise of TUB. Otherwise, good info thanks.
I think the idea of Tidy up Britannia is two fold:

1) to free up server space by deleting items. And so far it's been successful. There were over 1,300,000 items in game when the project started and now there are under 1,000,000 items. Who knows how low the number of items will be when it's all said and done.

2) The second reason is likely an attempt to re-vitalize the game. Get players who haven't logged in in a while to log on again in hopes they will stick around. It also gives newer players like myself a chance at collecting a cool cosmetic item like a hair dye deed. Any crafted items made solely for the purpose of trashing for points are deleted so it's not adding to the problem of clutter on the server. It's keeping the online population numbers up to hopefully entice other players to log on. When a player visting the UOSA website sees that there are 90 players online that looks better than 40 players online and they might be more inclined to start on this shard.
I agree.

Good post, thanks.

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

Omg just double click on trash barrel and choose the option to disable the stackable warning. You won't need to include any gump interactions in your macro. You are welcome.

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Mulahey wrote:Omg just double click on trash barrel and choose the option to disable the stackable warning. You won't need to include any gump interactions in your macro. You are welcome.

You meant to type disable the "non-stackable warning" but omg thanks. I don't read for shit.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

Oh yes, sorry. I meant non-stackable junk of course! :D

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."