BOOMLAND JENKINS IS THE MAN!!

Topics related to Second Age
CrafterEric

BOOMLAND JENKINS IS THE MAN!!

Post by CrafterEric »

Brand new to this shard, haven't played much since '97, had a few questions before I got too far into it, so I submitted a help ticket just to get a few answers. While I was waiting, I realized I had another question, and my memory is real bad, so I figured I better jot down what I wanted to ask. Made a notepad file with a couple of questions to ask and went back to training my char. Later I realized I had another question, so I added that one to the file so I could just ask 'em all. I didn't know how long it would take, as I put my ticket in in the middle of the night I think, probably like 2am, so it was time to wait.

When Boomland Jenkins responded to my help ticket, I had 15 questions written out. :D

I told him what was going on, and that I had lots to ask, but it's in a text file and could I just email it to him. He gave me his email, I sent the file.

He responded in like two minutes!

Answered every question with good detail, and I got all the help I needed to get started. I'm really excited to get my guy going, and it's because Boomland helped me out in a big way with the info I needed. I just wanted to publicly say that all GMs are not jerks, this one rules. He was super helpful, and super quick considering the mountain of questions I had for him. :)

Looking forward to a great game on what looks like a great shard. Thanks for providing us users with a place to hang and play, and admins to keep it in line.

Gork

Re: BOOMLAND JENKINS IS THE MAN!!

Post by Gork »

Welcome to UOSA!

Thank you for sharing this experience.

CrafterEric

Post by CrafterEric »

Gork wrote:
Thank you for sharing this experience.
You betcha, man. I just like to publicly announce when someone does a good job, and I gave you a fair amount of work compared to every other ticket you have to handle, I and just wanted everyone to know - including your boss - that you really went above and beyond in resolving a minor informational issue that could have caused some frustration later, had you not gone to the lengths that you did to do "your job". In other words, answering the questions is technically a part of your job description (I hope!), but you seemed to go beyond the standard to resolve my issue.

Thank you again.

CrafterEric

Post by CrafterEric »

Forgot to mention for instance, the shard I just left was *supposed* to be professionally run - like a dozen staff listed on their site, but when I submitted a ticket, I had issues. The first one, they simply deleted. I know because although I was AFK, I stayed logged in until it did. Second and third went unnoticed, even though they were both about bugs I had found on their shard - like the game didn't work properly, and nobody cared. Sewing kit wouldn't make anything but leather caps even with 62 Tailor, and I literally couldn't walk onto the steps or go inside of a specific shop in Trinsic - both kindof serious issues that needed to be addressed, and they simply decided not to. That seemed like a foolish administration decision those 2 times, but if they're ignoring documented bugs right now, what's going to happen when something really breaks? Nothing. So I left. :arrow:

Anyway, so I'm here now and plan to stay, and expect to love the crap out of it. :D

On a side note, man, that game was tough back in the day! Other shards give noobs lots of free stuff, like skill balls and stat balls to start your character out trained and tough. Man, this training from the start is tougher than I remember, but it sure will make it satisfying when I get my first GM - Tailor, of course. : )

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

Hail! Welcome to the shard! Boomland is awesome, agreed. You might look over the Guide section of the forum, and or do some searches for anything your wondering about as well. viewforum.php?f=9

Jump in UOSA's discord, you can ask questions there as well, usually helpful people are online.
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

hail thee

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

CrafterEric wrote:Man, this training from the start is tougher than I remember, but it sure will make it satisfying when I get my first GM
With all the guides and information out there, you'll be surprised how easy it is to GM skills even here. I almost felt like it was easier, but i realized it was because I was just way more efficient.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey