Sounds from UO I heard elsewhere

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Sounds from UO I heard elsewhere

Post by randale »

I found that two of the sounds from UO (T2A at least) are identical to some I've heard elsewhere. The growling of the wolf I can hear in an episode of Conan the Adventurer, entitled The Labors of Conan when Greywolf's (who is a human wizard not a wolf) wolves find that the wizard didn't turn the people back from being stone to flesh again, they discover the red dye and holes in the ground he used, and another the sound when the slime hits you is from the first episode of a show called Earth: Final Conflict when William Boone has his skrill put on his arm.

Conan the Adventurer came out in 92-93, and EFC came out in 97, either they got these sounds from UO, or UO got it from them.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Sounds from UO I heard elsewhere

Post by Mens Rea »

randale wrote:I found that two of the sounds from UO (T2A at least) are identical to some I've heard elsewhere. The growling of the wolf I can hear in an episode of Conan the Adventurer, entitled The Labors of Conan when Greywolf's (who is a human wizard not a wolf) wolves find that the wizard didn't turn the people back from being stone to flesh again, they discover the red dye and holes in the ground he used, and another the sound when the slime hits you is from the first episode of a show called Earth: Final Conflict when William Boone has his skrill put on his arm.

Conan the Adventurer came out in 92-93, and EFC came out in 97, either they got these sounds from UO, or UO got it from them.
Yeah I occasionally hear animal sounds from the UO soundboard too, in B grade movies and the likes.

randale

Post by randale »

Mens Rea wrote:
randale wrote:I found that two of the sounds from UO (T2A at least) are identical to some I've heard elsewhere. The growling of the wolf I can hear in an episode of Conan the Adventurer, entitled The Labors of Conan when Greywolf's (who is a human wizard not a wolf) wolves find that the wizard didn't turn the people back from being stone to flesh again, they discover the red dye and holes in the ground he used, and another the sound when the slime hits you is from the first episode of a show called Earth: Final Conflict when William Boone has his skrill put on his arm.

Yeah I occasionally hear animal sounds from the UO soundboard too, in B grade movies and the likes.
Also, I heard the exact sound that happens when you get a gold ring in the original sonic the hedgehog at a gas station ringing in my stuff I was buying.

Feyde
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Feyde »

There's a Mongbat sound used in the first Men In Black movie.