Topics related to Second Age
randale

three GM fishers?

Post by randale »

Wondering if I should go with just one.

randale

Re: three GM fishers?

Post by randale »

Well, I'll see how one works out, first.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

When I take the ship out, I triple-client with two fishers and my IDer.

One fisher each at bow and stern, with IDer at the mast, the ship 'trawls' ("slow left/right") from SOS to SOS. Each fisher fishes to the same side as we go (target "by relative location" in Razor), and I've pretty-consistently recovered 2 new MiBs per hour with them ('leftovers' are for the next trip). However-many hours later, I bring the ship back home, stuffed with ID'd loot. The IDer is also a 3rd 'security bot'.

Easy-peasy, and good gold/loot, but such an expedition needs to be organized, beforehand, and is time-consuming to execute: I haven't done it in a long, long, while.

With 3 clients, maybe you could have the ones at and bow and stern fish 45-degrees fore and aft, with the 3rd at the mast fishing straight over the side.

NB: the ship must always 'trawl' so that any/all 'side-fishers' are fishing foreward, respective to the direction of travel of the ship.

That is all.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

randale

Post by randale »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:When I take the ship out, I triple-client with two fishers and my IDer.

One fisher each at bow and stern, with IDer at the mast, the ship 'trawls' ("slow left/right") from SOS to SOS. Each fisher fishes to the same side as we go (target "by relative location" in Razor), and I've pretty-consistently recovered 2 new MiBs per hour with them ('leftovers' are for the next trip). However-many hours later, I bring the ship back home, stuffed with ID'd loot. The IDer is also a 3rd 'security bot'.

Easy-peasy, and good gold/loot, but such an expedition needs to be organized, beforehand, and is time-consuming to execute: I haven't done it in a long, long, while.

With 3 clients, maybe you could have the ones at and bow and stern fish 45-degrees fore and aft, with the 3rd at the mast fishing straight over the side.

NB: the ship must always 'trawl' so that any/all 'side-fishers' are fishing foreward, respective to the direction of travel of the ship.

That is all.

SS
Is the shipwreck stuff really worth that much?

SighelmofWyrmgard

randale wrote:Is the shipwreck stuff really worth that much?
I didn't say anything at all about shipwreck stuff. You can only get MiB's by fishing in deep water, so I harvest MiB's for the next trip while I fish-up the SOS's from the last; understand?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

randale

Post by randale »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
randale wrote:Is the shipwreck stuff really worth that much?
I didn't say anything at all about shipwreck stuff. You can only get MiB's by fishing in deep water, so I harvest MiB's for the next trip while I fish-up the SOS's from the last; understand?

SS
Yes, but that's what I'm asking, MIB's tell you locations of shipwreck stuff where you can fish it up. And, no, I don't quite understand what SOS's are. I know about SOS's in real life, is that maybe the location of the shipwreck itself? I'm guessing there aren't people on islands in UO, marooned, trying to get rescued, or at least I never heard of them.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Apologies: I did not realise that you aren't familiar with how MiB's/SOS's work. "MiB" = "Message in a Bottle", SOS = kind of like a Treasure Hunter's treasure map, this is a piece of parchment with coordinates, it's what "comes out of" a MiB.

At the coordinates, the fisher will fish-up a treasure chest: the chest is exactly the same as a lvl1-5 Treasure Map chest (level is random), except no lock, no trap, no guardian-spawn; just loot. A GM fisher will haul up the chest very first try, if exactly at the proper coordinates; lower-skill fishers may need multiple attempts, any attempt that "fails" (to recover the chest) will haul-up shipwreck stuff, or (possibly? It's been so long, I forget) a Deep-Sea Serpent.

Higher-skill fishers will start to pull up shipwreck stuff several tiles away from the proper coordinates (and, I think, can even recover the chest at a small distance: kind of like how Mining influences Treasure-Map recovery).

Additionally, any GM fisher continuously fishing in "deep water", should recover approx. 1 MiB/hour.

So, at the end of my expedition, I'll have several chests filled with gold/gems/magic, some shipwreck stuff (some of which can be sold as rares), and another collection of new MiB's for the next trip.

Have I left anything out?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

randale

Post by randale »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Apologies: I did not realise that you aren't familiar with how MiB's/SOS's work. "MiB" = "Message in a Bottle", SOS = kind of like a Treasure Hunter's treasure map, this is a piece of parchment with coordinates, it's what "comes out of" a MiB.

At the coordinates, the fisher will fish-up a treasure chest: the chest is exactly the same as a lvl1-5 Treasure Map chest (level is random), except no lock, no trap, no guardian-spawn; just loot. A GM fisher will haul up the chest very first try, if exactly at the proper coordinates; lower-skill fishers may need multiple attempts, any attempt that "fails" (to recover the chest) will haul-up shipwreck stuff, or (possibly? It's been so long, I forget) a Deep-Sea Serpent.

Higher-skill fishers will start to pull up shipwreck stuff several tiles away from the proper coordinates (and, I think, can even recover the chest at a small distance: kind of like how Mining influences Treasure-Map recovery).

Additionally, any GM fisher continuously fishing in "deep water", should recover approx. 1 MiB/hour.

So, at the end of my expedition, I'll have several chests filled with gold/gems/magic, some shipwreck stuff (some of which can be sold as rares), and another collection of new MiB's for the next trip.

Have I left anything out?

SS
No, but I'm wondering what kind of macro I should use for fishing. I thought of a for loop, say fish 30 times over, but I'm wondering what I'm going to do when I get the "the fish aren't biting here" message, at that point my macro will get stuck and have to time out/lag before doing the rest of the macro, this is what I want to avoid. I know that when fishing from land it takes a different amount of attempts in different places before you will get that message, sometimes it can take 20, sometimes 30 before I get it, so I didn't know what to put. I don't know about how fishing in deep water water works before you get that message. I also don't want to run the macro afk because of fishing up sea serpents, but maybe I could put a few drags as bodyguards set to guard my fishers.

As for the stuff itself from shipwrecks, it's mostly bones, paintings, pillows, etc. I don't think that gets you much, it's pretty common stuff.

SighelmofWyrmgard

The reason I have my ship 'trawl' from SOS to SOS, while fishers fish, is to keep all fishers constantly fishing in fresh, deep water: I will never see the Sysmessage, "The fish don't seem to be biting here"; using Razor to control the fishing 'target'-tile "by relative location", it's simply a continually-repeating loop.

You can't (and even if you could, shouldn't) try to do this AFK, as you need to give course-commands to the Tillerman.

You could train fishers to GM in a similar fashion but, again, not afk, for reasons cited above, plus respect for the shard's "no-AFK-resource-gathering" policies.

You keep mentioning shipwreck stuff, which baffles me. Get it through your head: shipwreck stuff is garbage; SOS's return CHESTS STUFFED WITH TREASURE. That's why GM Fishers fish-up MiB's: to extract the SOS's that lead to CHESTS STUFFED WITH TREASURE.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

randale

Post by randale »

The reason I have my ship 'trawl' from SOS to SOS, while fishers fish, is to keep all fishers constantly fishing in fresh, deep water: I will never see the Sysmessage, "The fish don't seem to be biting here"; using Razor to control the fishing 'target'-tile "by relative location", it's simply a continually-repeating loop.
What do you do about fishing up sea serpents? Do you have anyone there to defend them (or maybe they themselves can)
You can't (and even if you could, shouldn't) try to do this AFK, as you need to give course-commands to the Tillerman.
Aside from non-afk resource gathering rule, why wouldn't it possible if you could have the ship go in a square pattern, taking four lefts and ending up back where it started, even if you needed to tell the tillerman what to do, couldn't you have it in your macro?
You keep mentioning shipwreck stuff, which baffles me. Get it through your head: shipwreck stuff is garbage
You never said this explictly.
; SOS's return CHESTS STUFFED WITH TREASURE. That's why GM Fishers fish-up MiB's: to extract the SOS's that lead to CHESTS STUFFED WITH TREASURE.
I'm guessing the stuff from the sea chests isn't as good as land-buried treasure, or at least it seems like it wouldn't be, considering that comes with more problems to get the treasure than a lvl 4-5 sea chest.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

randale,

3 fishers is the way to go. Start out with 50 fishing on each, as well as resist. Get one char up to 80+ magery/eval. This
char will be your hit man to protect the ship. I place my ship in a east/west position. Place a char on front/rear, the other in the middle, one step off mast. Record a macro on each to dbl click pole and target the sea. On the front/rear chars target out forward, same with char off mast. Change to relative location, add a pause of 7.00sec., as well as a [say:right or left one] pause 1.00sec on the key holder. The right/left will depend on which way your going. Sail north/south. I'd also put the spare key at the house, so if everyone dies, you can login after the wait to clean up.
I usually start out off a land mass where I can sailing for a long time without dealing with a land mass.
Its going to take you a while to GM them. In the mean time, save the tmaps/mibs.
I used to sell the tmaps. I would loead the cords for the mibs in UOAM and go fish them up. You will get different type chests, there is no way to know which, 1-4 lvl chests. I saved the paintings/bones for deco, rest I leave on the ground. I don't even save the fish, let them rot on the boat.

Sig's way to good too. Its not compliced, though I think sometimes reading your posts, you try to make some things that way. Fishing isn't one of them.

I also use the large ship, more room for everyone.

Good luck out on the high seas!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

randale

Post by randale »

Sig's way to good too. Its not compliced, though I think sometimes reading your posts, you try to make some things that way. Fishing isn't one of them.
No, I mean simplicity is best way to go when learning something, making it complicated just makes it harder usually, I'm doing this unintentionally. It's just sometimes you may say to do something and I don't know how, I don't know the steps- then I need more detail.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

randale wrote:
No, I mean simplicity is best way to go when learning something, making it complicated just makes it harder usually, I'm doing this unintentionally. It's just sometimes you may say to do something and I don't know how, I don't know the steps- then I need more detail.
I hear ya man! All good.

Evenually you will want all 3 to be GM fishing/magery/eval/med/resist. 1 I added Item ID for the loot in the chests. You can do a music/peace on one and run it as you go.
With win 10, you can mouse over the toolbar and show all 3 accts to monitior the other chars.
You will make a shit ton of gold doing chests. Sell the low end weps etc.
I set up bags to save the good stuff, like force/power/vanq/charged and sell as a set.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

randale

Post by randale »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
randale wrote:
I hear ya man! All good.

Evenually you will want all 3 to be GM fishing/magery/eval/med/resist. 1 I added Item ID for the loot in the chests. You can do a music/peace on one and run it as you go.
With win 10, you can mouse over the toolbar and show all 3 accts to monitior the other chars.
You will make a shit ton of gold doing chests. Sell the low end weps etc.
I set up bags to save the good stuff, like force/power/vanq/charged and sell as a set.
I also farm elder gazers and get good treasure maps, if those are usually better.