How did this cooking macro screw up?

Topics related to Second Age
randale

How did this cooking macro screw up?

Post by randale »

Here it is. I know I'm not supposed to take more than one piece of food (fish steaks in this case) from the box, so I have the macro set to 1. The organizer agent puts the cooked fish steaks in another box, to free up some weight. It was working fine yesterday, and I'm up to 90 point something right now, but I woke up this morning and looked at it and all 15K fish steaks I had were sitting at my feet cooked. I was asleep for 8 hours, I know it couldn't have go through all 15K that fast. This happened with 2 other piles of fish steaks as well.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-2
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1079856582|2764|1011|13|2475
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|2426|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1083441943|2762|1011|7|4017
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:07
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|385
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

Jay

Re: How did this cooking macro screw up?

Post by Jay »

If you have anatomy instead of wrestling, and this is only my opinion...you want about 40 dex 85 int, I wouldn't go higher then 50 and 75. You want to back them up to heal so you can get your casts in to combo or heal yourself. The whole idea is to get them and keep them on the defensive so that they keep losing ground in mana and hits alike.

I have seen it played out with 25 dex and 100 int as well. It takes alot of practice/patience because you have to redefine your whole concept of how to play a swords mage. It has a light dexxer element that can cause you to play it more one way then the other instead of maximizing the talents of both. Your primary weapon will most likely be one handed.

Macing should also be considered when playing a pure warrior mage for the obvious reason of being able to heal in midst of combat with gnarled staves of g-heal without dropping your defenses. It depends on what side of the fence you sit on.

I have seen it work with swords and work well, but these were people who have pvped non stop since UO came out and were testing the metal of their PK templates if push had to come to shove in the case of finding themselves cornered. Each time though the person trying this out had not been defeated at least not while I was there when another group came to challenge. I seen him fight dexxers, tanks, hybrids still no one got in on him. (Though I am not sure if they knew what they were up against)

It's an advanced template. I wouldn't start with it especially if you are using it to PVP solo at first. It's a fun toy though from what I seen and if you don't care about dying while you get to learn how to make the most of this kamikaze go for it. (There is always the test server if not)

Compare it to a Soviet Mig vs a F-16, it's not safer but it's design is a whole lot faster and deadlier then your average hally mage.

randale

Post by randale »

Um, I'm talking about the cooking macro, I posted, not a tank mage, like you seem to think.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Basically your use item line in the macro will use the whole stack even though it's not in your pack. There are a few ways to get around this...

One would be to to add a walking motion between your container with the fish steaks and your heat source so that when you use item you're not close enough to use the whole stack.

The other option would be to have a second character with the fish steaks dragging and dropping them into the restock bag so that when you add a fish steak it doesn't stack with the others. As long as the guy your macroing cooking with doesn't open the bag with the large pile of fish steaks razor won't know it's there and won't try to use it.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

randale

Post by randale »

Cooking is GM now, but I might try to run some experiments to see how it happens. It often happens when I start up the client and the macro continues. Strangely, sometimes the raw item to cook, won't even be listed in my restock agent, but it will take the whole stack and cook it anyway.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

randale wrote:Cooking is GM now, but I might try to run some experiments to see how it happens. It often happens when I start up the client and the macro continues. Strangely, sometimes the raw item to cook, won't even be listed in my restock agent, but it will take the whole stack and cook it anyway.

Again the raw steaks don’t need to be in your pack. If razor knows where they are it could use them if you’re close enough.

randale

Post by randale »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
randale wrote:Cooking is GM now, but I might try to run some experiments to see how it happens. It often happens when I start up the client and the macro continues. Strangely, sometimes the raw item to cook, won't even be listed in my restock agent, but it will take the whole stack and cook it anyway.

Again the raw steaks don’t need to be in your pack. If razor knows where they are it could use them if you’re close enough.
They weren't in my pack, they were in the restock box.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

randale wrote:
Drunk'n Disorder wrote:

They weren't in my pack, they were in the restock box.
Exactly... I've said this exact thing to you twice now. You can cook fishsteaks that are NOT in your pack as long as you're close enough.

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

I'm pretty sure what happens is that the restock macro screws up due to a lag spike, or the server chugs. Then Razor is just Feckin' cookin' whatever fish it can find. And as Nordic said, it can be in any container that has been opened since the client was started.

Jay

Post by Jay »

That's the rule to the average pvp caster template. If you get bored you can play around with others.
If you come up with something where you would only disarm occasionally you might only need 60 wrestling for example. There are alot of advanced templates but starting out you should learn the basics of pvp in cookie cutters first...but....BUT...I think alot of people find it alot more fun to go hybrid just because it's fun to have options. Hybrids tend to be more centered around PVE as many have high survivability, but some are geared for one function like the Anatomy Tank, or the Hally Mage Archer which would be ideal for Blue/Red Ganks. (Not saying they couldn't be stand alone in PVM they can do well actually...just in the element of a surprise party they shine better)
Everyone should have AT LEAST one dexxer, one tank, and one hybrid in my opinion.