Promoting the server

Topics related to Second Age
Gexuan

Promoting the server

Post by Gexuan »

After playing on the pacific shard for 10+ years and walking away from UO for another 9 I have decided to come back and play UOSA. And I love it. So, first of all thanks. My only wish is that the server was more populated than it is. I have no clue if there are copyright issues but it would be nice if the shard could be promoted on sites to drum up more playerbase

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Promoting the server

Post by Mens Rea »

It's one of those things isn't it... Population begets population.

From time to time things flair up, a lot of players on here have developed characters that they bring out of the garage for events and PVP.

Gexuan

Post by Gexuan »

So what you are saying is that a ton of new players gets the red characters out. Some of my most memorable moments was getting chased by dread lord Quark in TA2. Everyone feared him and when he showed up ICQ lit up

I think everyone would probably agree that it is in the best long term interest to have more active people playing.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Yeah.. Back in the days of 1000 players it was practically a replication of T2A UO.

From a practical perspective the fact that it's an old cult classic game it's difficult to get "new blood" but there's a lot of ex UO players out there. A lot of them will be in their 40s-50s by now.

But, as with all markets, once things get oversold you do occasionally see retracements and new bubbles forming... Just need a catalyst :)

Ivan99

Post by Ivan99 »

I always miss playing old school/original UO. I was watching a few youtube videos where someone made a comment about uoforever and uosecondeage to play.
Upon further investigation uoforever looks awful and has the stupid stun punch/disarm special moves added into the game... I cannot play UO with those awful changes. Is why I quit in 2000 when they implemented them.

I would say posting some fun/funny/ or newbie help videos on youtube would help get the word out.