Pork Tornado

Topics related to Second Age
Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Pork Tornado

Post by Anarcho »

There have been a few rare occasions in this server's history where staff felt the need to comment on a player's ban to clarify lies that question the shard's integrity. This is another such time.

I have received numerous private messages regarding this situation from people who fear for their own accounts based on the lies that are circulating.

Pork Tornado was an acquaintance that I had met through this server. He moved to my city a few years ago. We have gone out to bars and he has come by my house a handful of times. I mention this as it is relevant further on.

A week ago I discovered that Pork has been utilising an extreme amount of accounts - both holding houses and collecting holiday gifts on them. I asked Pork what his 3 accounts were, and upon his answer, I banned the rest of the accounts and headed to bed at this point as it was late.

I woke up to discover that Pork had renamed some of his characters to "expletive Anarcho", and began to make repeated actionable IRL threats towards myself, which I shared with the other Second Age staff.

It was at this point that I banned the remainder of his accounts and firewalled his IP addresses.

16 actively used accounts were banned in total. This wasn't a player accident, this wasn't a staff misunderstanding, this was blatant cheating (most of the accounts were in his real name, sharing character names) followed up with threats.

This post is in defense of this shard and myself regarding the lies that have been circulating and is a testament to the blind justice that Second Age always seeks out. Contrary to some other shards, personal relationships with players do not supersede the enforcement of the shard's rules. We put countless hours into confirming someone is cheating, something that is rarely ever publicized, but the due diligence is always met.

No one is banned without us being 100% sure.