All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Exceptionally Crafted armor and weapons
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:23 am 
User Rep: Fair

A GM piece of armor is equal to a guarding magical piece. A exceptionally crafted weapon is equal to a force for a damage plus. What about those for accuracy and + to item HP?

These Support SecondAge
Links open a new window.
UOSA Donors & Subscribers do not receive these ads.

Post subject: Re: Exceptionally Crafted armor and weapons
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:16 am 
User Rep: Good
Good

randale wrote:
A GM piece of armor is equal to a guarding magical piece.

No. Exceptional armor gives only a trifle more AR than "of Defense": GM armor should be considered equal to "of Defense".

randale wrote:
A exceptionally crafted weapon is equal to a force for a damage plus.

No. An exceptional weapon gives a base damage bonus that is between "Might" and "Force": Force is better than GM; Might with high Tactics bonus will almost always be better than GM (depends on the weapon, though: a Supremely Accurate Dagger of Might is not better than a GM dagger, but an Accurate Halberd of Might is better than a GM halberd, and should be considered equal to a +0 Halberd of Force)

randale wrote:
What about those for accuracy and + to item HP?

Exceptional weapons offer no accuracy/tactics bonus. Exceptional armor and weapons do receive a bonus to the die roll for determining durability hit points (on OSI, players found that they could use "VDP" to determine the durability and, hence, pricing for GM gear; that mechanism has not been replicated here at UOSA).

SS

1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo

FTFY.

SS

uosa44 wrote:
The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:54 pm 

I meant to say exceptional instead of GM. Just what exactly is the difference between a GM piece and an exceptional piece? Is a GM piece ANY piece of armor crafted by a GM smith, or any exceptional piece of armor crafted by a GM smith? I didn't know GM makes any difference to a piece of armor you can make.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:08 am 
User Rep: Good
Good

randale wrote:
I meant to say exceptional instead of GM. Just what exactly is the difference between a GM piece and an exceptional piece? Is a GM piece ANY piece of armor crafted by a GM smith, or any exceptional piece of armor crafted by a GM smith? I didn't know GM makes any difference to a piece of armor you can make.

GM = Exceptional; Exceptional = Exceptional, period. "GM" refers to any exceptional piece, made by a GM Smith, to which the maker's mark has been attached (a maker's mark can be attached ONLY by a GM Smith).

To be clear, an exceptional piece is exceptional, regardless of the skill of the blacksmith; a maker's mark can ONLY appear on an exceptional piece that has been produced by a GM Blacksmith; hence, in common parlance, "GM" assumes exceptional.

There is no difference, otherwise: exceptional is exceptional, irrespective of the skill of the blacksmith. The same is true of all crafted items (i.e., a 50-skill bowyer's exceptional bow is exactly the same as a GM bowyer's maker's-marked GM exceptional bow).

SS

1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo

FTFY.

SS

uosa44 wrote:
The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:59 pm 

But, you said a GM armor should be equivalent of defense, so are you saying exceptionals made by a GM do have a higher quality than an exceptional made by a non-GM smith?