Brady Quinn

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Brady Quinn

Post by Budner »

I don't mind being PK'd. I don't mind if you dry loot me and kill my horse. I have reds. I get it. I've played UO forever. I get it.

But why do you have to be a sociopathic dick and not res me or at least gate me somewhere civilized? You kill me in Lich Lords, so I have to make the LLLOOONNGGG walk out of the dungeon to the frozen tundra on which - somewhere - there is a wandering healer. Then I have to scavenge regs and find one of the very few unlocked houses on the island so I can recall back to civilization.

I know. Wah wah nobody cares.

But here's the thing. Every time one of you assholes does this, you risk someone rage quitting or at least walking away from the game for a while. Which is what I'm doing after spending 15 fucking minutes wandering an ice sheet for the third or fourth time this week, after being PK'd by someone who can't take 2 seconds or have enough class to gate or res me. Sucks 100% of the fun out of the game, wasting time like that. No point in playing.

I know. Wah wah nobody cares.

Well you should fucking care, on a shard with a population this low. Don't be a dick.

Ivan99

Re: Brady Quinn

Post by Ivan99 »

Without "Evil" there would be no good.

Why not use the help < stuck command?

You are hunting in a prime spot and should already expect to eventually get attacked by a red at some point. Why go to a island/spot to farm if you arn't prepared for the long travel home if/when you get pk'd?

A gate would have been nice. But kind of ruins the "evil" ness if a evil pker gates you home after killing you.

Just part of what makes classic UO fun imo. And running around scavenging for regs to recall home without getting killed again is part of the fun as well.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I'm confused why you only have one account.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Capitalist wrote:I'm confused why you only have one account.
I'm thinking in this direction, also: your 2nd account logs-in, and establishes a Gate to a Healer ... much easier here at UOSA than in-era on OSI.

Yes, Budner, what you describe sucks. I appreciate that, but I expect nothing from a PKer (besides being PK'd, if I don't get away). I rarely get PK'd (Vega, and Vega only, has got me twice in 3 years), but I do feel disgruntled when it happens (and, for me, anyway, Vega has been "sporting": res, didn't dry-loot or serial-PK me, and only extracted a "fee" when looting the corpse). So, yes, what you describe sucks, and is also viciously excessive.

But, well, gee, what do you expect from any misanthrope who gleans his jollies from inflicting non-consensual PvP upon surprised players who can not be expected to (be able to) offer any effective, or even significant, resistance ... ?

I would ask that you don't rage-quit over this: I'd suggest that it would be an over-reaction; modify your play; adjust, adapt, avoid; overcome.

This thread might prove worthwhile in inspiring struggling players to persevere: thanks for that.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Saber

Post by Saber »

takes less than 10 mins to use help stuck why go through all that trouble?

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

Gate yourself out with another character. Is this 1999 or something?
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

hello

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I'll add this:

Sweet Words for the Sour.

Great tune, and UOSA PKers are assholes; yes?

BTW, I just put you up against great music.

Stay with UOSA, or don't; up to you.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Ali

Post by Ali »

I have been Pk'd more times than I can count and I'd say 1% of the time I was gated out.

If you PK me I ask that you poison my horse, chop up my body and trash barrel my measly possessions.

Otherwise why are we here?
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Congrats to Vint and whoever who made him rage quit.

I don't really play, but check this from time to time... and it warms my heart to see the rage quitting is still occurring.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

Too bad Vint never takes enough chances to be a rager....would love to see his wizard tears if he ever took on someone that wasn't a noob!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

Good lord, why all the sniveling....Just quit. That is all. No one cares. We don't need pansy's like you on this cool server.

Drunk Ninja
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Drunk Ninja »

Last edited by Drunk Ninja on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

I have mixed and sporadic feelings about this topic:

1. I hate to see any player quit or play on UOSA less because of this.
2. I like having... delicate players here, because they are good for the shard and me, (more people to kill, more people to help, more people to buy from my vendors).
3. Vintirex looks nothing like a Brady Quinn, but I would feel more comfortable kayaking in a alligator infested canal with him.
4. There are many fast ways to get your dead and stranded player out, use Discord to ask for help, use another account, or use help function.
5. However, all PKs here should at least gate out or provide a res, in support of number 1 and 2.
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP