Moving large amts of stuff

Topics related to Second Age
Haz

Moving large amts of stuff

Post by Haz »

So, I placed a Patio in what I consider a great location. Mining, lumber, and ocean all within 1/2 a screen. Love it, now I have to get all the stuff from the different bank boxes to the new home. Things like piles of lumber, hides and leather, etc. Is there a way to do this without making dozens of trips?

Your assist is appreciated.

Haz

Wonder

Re: Moving large amts of stuff

Post by Wonder »

Your best bet is going to be gating from a remote bank and dropping the loot over the patio rails.. rinse and repeat till finished.
Kaivan wrote:Your overlord is here, and this thread is locked.
[04:34] <Vintirex> whats wrong? did it start saving again?

[03:02] <G[7thson]> anyone who knows pvp knows that using ghoul touch the whole fight isn't really pvp

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

1. put everything in a pouch in your bank box that you want to move.
2. open gate to the side of your patio
3. double click the gate
4. once on other side run back through
5. on bank side grab the pouch from your bank and hit your "last object" hotkey it will teleport you to the other side where you can drop over the side of patio.
6. rinse/repeat for each toon, but do this at a remote bank like wonder said.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

I have done many of these "fork lift" jobs... Do what these guys said. It's very important to choose a remote bank, and maybe cast a few reveals around also to be sure.

An unfortunate side effect of the server population going up, is that the number of scammers and griefers tends to go up too.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

Haz

Post by Haz »

Thank you folks, I'll give it a go a bit later this evening and let ya know what happens.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I can help lift things.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Haz

Post by Haz »

Capitalist wrote:I can help lift things.
Well hell Cap....if ya had spoken up sooner I could have save some time and I'm sure I could have saved some space and lockdowns, but alas, I did as was suggested and all is good in the hood. Stuff is in it's new home waiting to be placed in justtttt the right spot to makie me comfy. Now if I can just figure out where to put the big screen and my lazy boy I'll be set.

Thanks everybody, worked like a charm.

Haz

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Haz

You can record a macro double clicking the gate, then you can set a hotkey for that
macro. I use [g], so that its only a one key stroke to go through.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Annabell Red

Post by Annabell Red »

You have probably already finished this, but just in case you haven't wanted to add my two cents...

Great advise from everyone, the only thing I would add is to do it on an off day, at a low population time, if possible.

So, maybe a Monday or Tuesday morning. At around the time of server reset would probably be the safest. Also, if you want to employ help moving, I bet some members of AoJ would be happy to assist.