How rare are silver vanq halberds?

Topics related to Second Age
FrindleBabin

How rare are silver vanq halberds?

Post by FrindleBabin »

A silver vanq halberd of some type is pretty much my holy grail in t2a era UO. But I don't think in my entire UO t2a career including 97-2000 plus like 7 years here I've ever seen one.

Anyone know how rare they are, like mathmatically? What's the actual percentage chance of say a lvl4 dungeon chest spawning one?

Capitalist

Re: How rare are silver vanq halberds?

Post by Capitalist »

I'll sell one
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

FrindleBabin

Post by FrindleBabin »

Capitalist wrote:I'll sell one
Bruh I can't just buy one that defeats the whole white whale aspect that's been keeping me playing this game for uhhhh like 20 years. Sup ladies.

I'm legit curious though how the game generates magic items and what the actual statistical chance is. I've gotten silver vanqs of every other weapon type besides halberd and heavy xbow. I've got a silver durable power halberd, that's the closest I've come.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Frindlebabin, I understand you completely.

I remain amused, though, that your 'white whale' is also a 'white elephant': please consider,

1. Among Dexxers, PvE, a fast silver weapon is of much-more use than any terrifically-slow silver weapon: I'd even bet that a blank, silver, Katana would drop a Lich/Lich-Lord faster than a +25, silver, Halberd of Vanquishing. Of course, talented Dexxers can 'Hally-cycle', also, if it were deemed to be worth the effort, but this brings me to the second point:

2. Such a weapon is too valuable to be used in the field and, moreover, makes for a lack-lustre (at best) "Server Wars" weapon. I'd guess that a "perfect" silver Halberd *should* be worth half a million, or more, excepting only that no sane player would do anything with it beyond mounting it above the fireplace as a house decoration ...

The object of your desires is simultaneously, precisely, as priceless as it is worthless.

Now, rather than all such commentary, you had asked after rarity and also the probability-schemes that govern the loot tables: I apologise that I have not answered your actual questions; I will plead that I can not answer, as this information resides solely within the purview of Administration. I can say that (at least some) Loot Tables have been changed recently, and not to every player's satisfaction.

Should you ever harpoon your 'white whale', I'd be pleased to hear of it: PM me, please, and include the screenshot of the item residing above your mantelpiece.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

FrindleBabin wrote:A silver vanq halberd of some type is pretty much my holy grail in t2a era UO. But I don't think in my entire UO t2a career including 97-2000 plus like 7 years here I've ever seen one.

Anyone know how rare they are, like mathmatically? What's the actual percentage chance of say a lvl4 dungeon chest spawning one?
Technical answer, No.

I have GMed 2 lock pickers on level 4 chests pre July 2017, and I never got a silver vanquishing halberd. I have also done enough (enjoyment) lock picking on level 4 dungeon chests to GM a 3rd toon. I did get one or two +25 power halberds (which are far better IMO than a +0 tactics silver vanquishing halberd), and I probably got 1 or 2 OTHER silver vanquishing weapons, (silver durable two handed axe of vanquishing and maybe a silver accurate war hammer of vanquishing).

The players do not know the technical answer to this. Anarcho or Boom might be able to give you the answer based on the current settings; though, I don't think they will feel that giving up that information is the right thing to do.

GM(s) been in search of credible ERA data to help prove what the settings should be. During the TUB (tidy up Britannia) event patch July 2017, this loot drop settings were adjusted. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66701 Since then, there has been a lot of discussion and feedback about loot drop property %s and #s, so I will spare trying to recap the full details here. (But, if you want to read more there are some forum posts about it and discord discussions, July 2017 - present).

The short recap, is that the GM(s) felt that the loot drop settings were too high - and the creation and goal of the server is ERA accuracy. If I recall correctly, the publicly stated determining factor for the July 2017 change, was based on the number of 'perfect weapons' inside of Vega's castles that existed on the server - it was simply too high. A perfect weapon being +25 tactics, of vanquishing, maybe also with a durability mod and/or hit-spell mod. The player base mostly disagreed with comments like: no actual proof to determine the settings should be different than the demo (no OSI patch notes to prove there was a change), the settings have been the same for 9 years, what called for a change now?, the change was simply too drastic and far different/worse than memory of ERA accuracy...

Unfortunately not much public data exists from ERA, to state exactly what the settings were at the time, other than what came with the DEMO. Thankfully, Anarcho recently mentioned that another adjustment will be made in a week or two - an uptick. (I think this is a great thing, it is at least a compromise).
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP