what exactly does wrestling do?

Topics related to Second Age
Resol

what exactly does wrestling do?

Post by Resol »

I can't find any information on this. The only thing I can find is that "It is useful on mages and spellcasters, due to it's defensive properties - players and monsters alike will miss more often while engaging in melee combat with you".

Wouldn't that be beneficial for melee too? Unless this is worded poorly and it means to say that "players and monsters miss more often while you have a spellbook or bare hands equipped".

In either case I'd still like to know how exactly does wrestling work? You fizzle less from spell interruption? Dodge more bare handed? Thanks everyone!

Orphea

Re: what exactly does wrestling do?

Post by Orphea »

hey, you getting less damage in melee. (hally's, maces, spears etc)

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Wrestling

Werther

Post by Werther »

Your wrestling skill is used to calculate hit chance when unarmed (or with a book in your hands), both when attacking and being attacked.

There's a chart with hit percentages on this wiki page: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Category:We ... nce_to_Hit

If you assume the attacker has GM weapon skill (which is true in most cases) GM wrestling will let you "dodge" 50% of the time.

Since taking melee damage during spellcasting almost always interupts, this will also help you get recalls and heals off when being attacked.

Resol

Post by Resol »

thanks so much! Dumb question - does this chance to dodge only apply while bare handed or with a spellbook in hand?

Nevermind I reread your post and it explains it clearly. Thanks again

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

To be clear, the game mechanics compare weapon skill v. weapon skill when determining the chance to achieve a hit in melee combat: so, Wrestling is simply the "default weapon skill", invoked when the associated mobile has no "real" weapon equipped.

GM [whatever-weapon-skill] v. 0 Wrestling = 100% chance of achieving a hit; GM [whatever-weapon-skill] v. GM [whatever-weapon-skill, including Wrestling] = 50% chance of achieving a hit.

So, most "Hally-Mage" templates will include GM Wrestling: one has to disarm to cast spells, and GM Wrestling at least provides a 50% "evasion bonus" while casting.

On a slightly-related note, I think mobs simply have "combat skill" which applies equally to their Wrestling or, if they spawned with one, their carried weapon: I've found that orcs-with-club (you can see the club in the orc's hand) and trolls-with-axe (again, you can see the weapon in the troll's hand) hit a lot harder than their unarmed counterparts; in both instances, always, you can retrieve the mundane weapon from the corpse (i.e., the corpse-box of a troll-with-axe will always contain an axe, while that of any other troll will not).

Carry on.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.