Fishing and razor help

Topics related to Second Age
Pattrik

Fishing and razor help

Post by Pattrik »

I have tried to make a macro to sail around on my boat to fish. I remember this being the fastest way to get skill gains. I have tried setting my target as last type and as relative target. Both of which when I try to run it, after my boat moves, tells me I must stand closer to the water. Can anyone help me with this?

Apocalypse

Re: Fishing and razor help

Post by Apocalypse »

This is most likely happening because you're moving too fast. You're dropping your line in the water and by the time you're ready to fish up your line, you've moved too far away from the original spot. I would suggest using the "slow forward", or better yet, "slow back" commands to move your boat. That way you'll still be close enough when it's time to reel in. You can also offset this problem by making sure you're casting ahead of the direction you're moving to help make sure you're still in range.

Pattrik

Post by Pattrik »

I am using the forward one command then 1000 ms wait then use fishing pole and then target water, wait 8000 ms then move forward. The boat moves, then I cast and says I am to far from water. I have also increased the wait to 2000 ms after the move forward command with same results.
I will give the back slow command a whirl =) thanks.

Pattrik

Post by Pattrik »

Got it now. I have to literally cast at the rudder doing slow back and relative target. Thanks for the help!

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

If you are 'up and running', then that's great.

If you are still looking for tips, let me describe what I do:

Large Ship, bow pointed north, I 'trawl':

"Slow Left";

2 Fishers, one each at the limits of bow and stern, fishing (by razor macro: "target by relative location" = max range to the west [left]); that's it.

I mentioned in a reply to an earlier post that you could probably get 3 fishers active in this way: one at the mast fishes straight left, while bow fishes 45 degrees to the north, and stern fishes 45 degrees to the south; but, never tried it.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.