Remove unused "refresh" housing!

Topics related to Second Age
Apocalypse

Re: Remove unused "refresh" housing!

Post by Apocalypse »

uosa44 wrote:
The amount of placed housing to player ratio is so bad, that it prevents the shard from growing.

But this shard is filled with individuals that suffer from compulsive hoarding disorder.
I guess my point is that spending a little time running around a portion of the map, not even the whole map, yielded multiple spots for keeps. To me this implies that supply is greater than demand. The amount of houses per player is moot if there are spots available, thus my argument that it's not an issue currently.

Markus

Post by Markus »

I just found a castle spot that's open. It's a bit swampy, but a castle spot nonetheless.

uosa44

Post by uosa44 »

Apocalypse wrote:
uosa44 wrote:
The amount of placed housing to player ratio is so bad, that it prevents the shard from growing.

But this shard is filled with individuals that suffer from compulsive hoarding disorder.
I guess my point is that spending a little time running around a portion of the map, not even the whole map, yielded multiple spots for keeps. To me this implies that supply is greater than demand. The amount of houses per player is moot if there are spots available, thus my argument that it's not an issue currently.
You continue to ignore that the placed housing hurts the shard. Why is there very little housing available with 10 uniques online?

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

uosa44 wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:
uosa44 wrote:

You continue to ignore that the placed housing hurts the shard. Why is there very little housing available with 10 uniques online?
Why? Are you asking a question? Are you trying to say you don't know why? Who the hell are you to try and make rules about how long people can keep their hard earned loot? Do you actually play? How often do you play? Do you play often enough to be able to keep anything you gain? Wait don't answer that. Someone else should decide just how much you get to keep per how often you play!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

uosa44 wrote:
I don't think I'm ignoring anything, unless I'm misunderstanding your point. Your argument seems to be that there are no spots for large houses due to players hoarding houses. I'm saying that what I've observed seems to disagree with that. If there are X number of people wanting to place a large house (and can afford the deed) and Y amount of spots open for said houses, as long as Y is greater than X, I don't see a problem.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

tiredat52 wrote:
uosa44 wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:
uosa44 wrote:

Why? Are you asking a question? Are you trying to say you don't know why? Who the hell are you to try and make rules about how long people can keep their hard earned loot? Do you actually play? How often do you play? Do you play often enough to be able to keep anything you gain? Wait don't answer that. Someone else should decide just how much you get to keep per how often you play!
The very-last thing you said made me say, "hear! hear!", thank you. I had tried being diplomatic, particularly since my first response had been provided before Anarcho had made a certain announcement …

Anarcho's proposed scheme is not yet live on the true server, so I might still contest some of Markus's, and Apocalypse's, assertions, but they do make valid assertions, nonetheless.

I'll default to what was true on OSI in-era: bigger then a 7x7, no chance at all.

I've become a little-bit vexed that uosa44 continues to insist upon 'beating upon a tuneless instrument': it isn't as bad as you make out and, hopefully soon, will become better.

SS

[EDIT, because I'm a dumbass]: I left the 'r' out of "very"; btw, "you earthlings make me very, very angry!"

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Grogor

Post by Grogor »

I just placed a castle the other day on a spot that had been open for a few days.

"The amount of placed housing" is not the reason the shard isn't growing.

You should be thankful for the so called "hoarders". They are keeping the shard alive.

Enjoy the unique challenges that this game offers, or ... I don't know ... go play somewhere else. We really don't care.

uosa44

Post by uosa44 »

Some people here have a valid argument. But there are some fallacies.

For instance:

OSI: Lack of housing because 2.5k+ unique accounts were playing, and everyone wanted a house.

The reality here: A few unique accounts playing every day, with everyone logging in to refresh their houses, some have 20+ accounts due to VPNs.

There is a huge difference between 2,500 players and 20 players, with the same housing. Does anyone else notice the difference between 2,500 players and 20?

That's where the (tax), play time, comes in.

Why would so many people hang onto their accounts? They have no intentions of ever playing again, or else they would to help the shard populous.

Simple: Hoarders. Why would you "log in" for years to keep a pile a trash that you do not use.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Um, "fallacies"; eh?

Of what style of 'fallacy' is declaring as truth an entirely-unsubstantiated claim?

You can not insist that all house-refreshers are cheating via 'VPN-multiple-accounts': for one thing, the idea is patently absurd; more importantly, you can not possibly possess any evidence.

Grogor just dropped a castle; Apocalypse has scouted several keep sites; I haven't been around the map for a long while, but I know of a huge number of spots that have remained vacant only because of LOS concerns; Anarcho recently announced an automated 'LOS countermeasures' policy.

UOSA is designed to be mechanically sound and era-accurate, not 'socially' (especially only according to your own dictates) era-accurate.

It's easier to place here than it was on OSI, in-era, and yet you continue to whine that the situation here is not-era-accurate: you are a little confused, I guess, as to what it is you really want, in terms of era-accuracy.

Maybe you expect Derrick to hire a shrink for you, and pay for that, too.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

There are plenty of house spots, small and large. I have dropped 11 over the past couple months and will drop 2 more soon. Let me know if you cant find a spot and I can find one for you very quick lol. The people that refresh for years eventually will slip up and when doing so create idocs which is a fun and viable way to enjoy this game as well. Much better to have housing on the map anyways versus if those "20 people" all only had one house each. Game would feel like a single player experience.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

uosa44

Post by uosa44 »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Um, "fallacies"; eh?

Of what style of 'fallacy' is declaring as truth an entirely-unsubstantiated claim?

You can not insist that all house-refreshers are cheating via 'VPN-multiple-accounts': for one thing, the idea is patently absurd; more importantly, you can not possibly possess any evidence.

Grogor just dropped a castle; Apocalypse has scouted several keep sites; I haven't been around the map for a long while, but I know of a huge number of spots that have remained vacant only because of LOS concerns; Anarcho recently announced an automated 'LOS countermeasures' policy.

UOSA is designed to be mechanically sound and era-accurate, not 'socially' (especially only according to your own dictates) era-accurate.

It's easier to place here than it was on OSI, in-era, and yet you continue to whine that the situation here is not-era-accurate: you are a little confused, I guess, as to what it is you really want, in terms of era-accuracy.

Maybe you expect Derrick to hire a shrink for you, and pay for that, too.

SS
Mechanically and not socially? Please explain why events were brought back after being banned. Can you please explain that to everyone, while respecting your shard rule ideology.

I will help you. It was to help increase the player population with complete disregard to mechanics of the game. So is my proposal for hoarders like yourself to be removed from the game.

Play, or pay.

uosa44

Post by uosa44 »

Grofus wrote:There are plenty of house spots, small and large. I have dropped 11 over the past couple months and will drop 2 more soon. Let me know if you cant find a spot and I can find one for you very quick lol. The people that refresh for years eventually will slip up and when doing so create idocs which is a fun and viable way to enjoy this game as well. Much better to have housing on the map anyways versus if those "20 people" all only had one house each. Game would feel like a single player experience.
You are stating that if housing rules were placed so that inactive members could not hold the shard hostage, it would feel like a single player game?

That proves you do not play.

It currently DOES feel like a single player game. I have started and amassed wealth, I haven't been PK'd a single time, and while I would like to, I haven't bothered making a PvP character, because, it IS a single player game at the moment.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

uosa44 wrote:
Grofus wrote:There are plenty of house spots, small and large. I have dropped 11 over the past couple months and will drop 2 more soon. Let me know if you cant find a spot and I can find one for you very quick lol. The people that refresh for years eventually will slip up and when doing so create idocs which is a fun and viable way to enjoy this game as well. Much better to have housing on the map anyways versus if those "20 people" all only had one house each. Game would feel like a single player experience.
You are stating that if housing rules were placed so that inactive members could not hold the shard hostage, it would feel like a single player game?

That proves you do not play.

It currently DOES feel like a single player game. I have started and amassed wealth, I haven't been PK'd a single time, and while I would like to, I haven't bothered making a PvP character, because, it IS a single player game at the moment.
Where do you farm?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

SighelmofWyrmgard

uosa44 wrote: Mechanically and not socially? Please explain why events were brought back after being banned. Can you please explain that to everyone, while respecting your shard rule ideology.

I will help you. It was to help increase the player population with complete disregard to mechanics of the game. So is my proposal for hoarders like yourself to be removed from the game.

Play, or pay.
No, you will not help me: you are far too obtuse.

Your nonsense posts continue to be saturated with unjustified (mis)characterizations, coupled with a complete absence of any evidence; indeed, you deliberately ignore evidence presented that contradicts your unsubstantiated (mis)characterizations.

Automated events do not disregard game mechanics: the events are supplementary, and there is no interaction; otherwise, I am neither shard-owner nor staff and have no business establishing policy, and neither do you.
uosa44 wrote:So is my proposal for hoarders like yourself to be removed from the game.
I have a three accounts, 15 characters, and a total of six houses: my residence is a Two-Storey L-Shape, and I maintain an empty 7x7 as a "macroing safe-house"; the other four are these, public workshops established and maintained for the use and benefit of the shard's population.

I'm wondering, what do you do for the use and benefit of the shard's population? I'm pretty sure you're griping doesn't qualify.
uosa44 wrote:Play, or pay.
Now, I will demonstrate to everyone the grotesque magnitude of your own willful obtuseness (you see, what follows is what is known as, "evidence"):

Here, you "concur" with statements made 3 months ago, completely bypassing and ignoring this and this, which I put-up two weeks ago.

And you continue to insist that I'm a "refresh-hoarder who doesn't play" …

So far as I'm concerned, you and your narrow-minded selection-bias can both leave UOSA, preferably at your earliest (in)convenience.

SS

P.S. Please, answer Vega's question: it would make me happy.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

uosa44

Post by uosa44 »

P.S. Please, answer Vega's question: it would make me happy.
You proved my point LOL!!!! If Vega played anymore, I wouldn't have to let him know where I (used to) farm. No need to anymore, it's a single player game and I have my wealth.

You are EXTREMELY defensive and are beginning to toss out insults because of your insecurities.

PLEASE keep this civil.

Player events are absolutely mechanical as they directly influence the shard's economy. Items are generated due to the events, how is this not mechanical?

Of course, you will skirt the question and begin a long, drawn out rant, because you are defensive...for some reason.