Killed by PK while in my house

Topics related to Second Age
Carcarius

Killed by PK while in my house

Post by Carcarius »

I didn't know this was possible, but I was grey inside my own house and someone riding by was able to target me and killed me with some fireballs.

I'm a newb, obviously. I assume the PK was able to target me because they were able to get close enough to the door to see inside my house. Or is there a targeting method I am not aware of. How can they send fireballs through house door/walls to kill me? I had no idea this was possible.

By the way, I was grey because I was killing another characters summoned creatures to gain combat skills.

Anyway, I learned something new today (or relearned, it's been years since I've played this game and just started up again).

Freeza

Re: Killed by PK while in my house

Post by Freeza »

Carcarius wrote:I didn't know this was possible, but I was grey inside my own house and someone riding by was able to target me and killed me with some fireballs.

I'm a newb, obviously. I assume the PK was able to target me because they were able to get close enough to the door to see inside my house. Or is there a targeting method I am not aware of. How can they send fireballs through house door/walls to kill me? I had no idea this was possible.

By the way, I was grey because I was killing another characters summoned creatures to gain combat skills.

Anyway, I learned something new today (or relearned, it's been years since I've played this game and just started up again).
They can meteo swarm the house side which will shoot fireballs up to 2 tiles into the house. You have to stand in the exact middle of a small house to macro safely.
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Carcarius

Post by Carcarius »

Freeza,

Thanks for the info. It's good to know... and I now realize I need a bigger house :)

That explains how he could still kill me when hidden since when I realized he was attacking me I tried to hide myself... still got me.

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

Just so you know too, if you get yourself a patio house and you leave the patio doors unlocked someone can telekenesis those doors open and get a blade spirit into your house.

Carcarius

Post by Carcarius »

Proselyte, thanks for the extra info!

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

You're welcome :)

My wife and I died this way in her patio twice before someone told me that could be done. Thank Razor for restock agents!

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Here is a similar situation i could use help with, a friend of mine was macroing on the second floor of my two story L shape. He had two characters up there and both got it. I didnt think you could get whacked on 2nd floor. Any ideas?

Pro

Post by Pro »

Meteor swarm from underneath

Murugan

Post by Murugan »

Arcott Ramathorn wrote:Here is a similar situation i could use help with, a friend of mine was macroing on the second floor of my two story L shape. He had two characters up there and both got it. I didnt think you could get whacked on 2nd floor. Any ideas?
On this server the LVL on which u stand does nothing. EQ and Meteor Storm can still hit you. So even if your on the roof of your TOWER, if ur too close to the edge, your at risk!
Pookey - Your Local Grim Reaper,
Hemperor wrote:it pains me to say that murugan is right

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

PM Fox on discord (or Forums) to gain access. You can macro here without being house killed due to the LOS mechanic.
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

greetings from 2009