communication?

Topics related to Second Age
Blakheart

communication?

Post by Blakheart »

It seems the only way to communicate right now is newbie chat? Yet nobody logs into it, or when someone does, they don't notice anyone else is speaking.
Perhaps mirc or icq? If there is a monthly fee for a dedicated irc server, perhaps that could be my way of donating? (paying for the service).

7 players on tonight, yet no way to communicate. Pretty spread out with so many towns......would be nice to be able to at least say hello or ask a question,etc.

At least for now, perhaps folks could at least log into newbie chat or create a chat area using the ingame system?

Blakwood-bowyer
Oswyn Goodryke-archer

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I agree the internal chat system leaves a lot to be desired. I've intended to get a IRC channel set up but have been busy on other projects. I very much appreciate the offer of donation but the best thing that players can do at this time to help out is to try and get our name out there to increase our player base some.

I will look into setting up an IRC channel for the shard right away,

I'm sorry I missed you in the Newb Chat the other night. I left my clent going when I went to bed. It seems that my schedule is completely opposite most of the players.

bigcheez

Post by bigcheez »

A ventrilo server would be kick ass as well

It is a voice chat program if you don't know what it is...
http://www.ventrilo.com

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I've heard of ventrillo. Right now we've only got one dedicated server and internet connection so I'll need to look into the bandwith requirements. Right now our bandwisth is likely way more than sufficient but as we grow we may need to expand it.

I suspect vent is mostly peer-to-peer so I believe we can get this set up.

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

I might be able to setup a vent server. Also, are there any plans for implementing an in game chat system? Would be great for guilds and buddies. Easy way to communicate.
-Rapunzel-

Kronus

Post by Kronus »

Vent and Teamspeak are both free if you know how to set them up... If your host can hose your UO server it should be nothing to host a Ventrilo. Because this is a small server... the bandwidth steal from Ventrilo wouldn't be horrible.