35%
No
65%

Total votes: 66

Kiljox

A cry to kill off Autohit, lets hear the people:

Post by Kiljox »

Well here is the deal, Autohit.

How unbelievably hard is it to fight in 1v1, 2v2, etc battles when you can't strategically plan your attack???

:!: :!: 1v1 Fights last forever! :!: :!: People simply run up to your character during combos just so you lose your swing thus your death swing or close to death swing never has a chance.

So people I'm starting a poll for the Admin/Gm's/Populace to hear us. Vote accordingly.

Thanks folks
:D :) :o :shock: :x :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :|

Kiljox/GotDatKilla

Re: A cry to kill off Autohit, lets hear the people:

Post by Kiljox/GotDatKilla »

BLAH, Dood You are not me!! Stop using my Name!, and Auto hit is OldSkool, go play some Tram shit u are used 2.....

IM FKING CRAZY

Post by IM FKING CRAZY »

I gotta agree this is the most pvp breaking aspect of uo Ive ever seen. If this ONE THING was removed, pvp would be amazing. The pop here is slowly starting to decline(when I started it was almost 600 easy for highs, now its hardly 400+) and we all know why. 1v1 pvp(a reason a LOT OF PEOPLE PLAY) is shit here and its slowly driving people/guilds away.

Pro

Post by Pro »

how to abuse this system;

make dexer
hold attack last
??
profit.

Brett

Post by Brett »

the people have spoken

it appears they don't care

Faust

Post by Faust »

This topic has been argued numerous times.

It is a hundred percent accurate to the era and it will not be changing.

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

isnt making someone waste their swing strategy? I don't follow.

Also, I kind of like the longer fighting. Pvp shouldn't be over in the blink of an eye unless someone is being synced properly. Longer battles also mean more epic team fighting. I love large scale battles; even more so with a band or orcs :)

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

This AutoDefend is era accurate... it should stay in. Maybe on some other payer run shard this was not enabled but if you played OSI 1999 then it was in.

So was AttackLast as of 8.99. Maybe people didn't learn how to utilize it as they do now but that too is era accurate.

I think the throttle is the only way to try to reduce the effects of AttackLast to AutoDefend but to ask for AutoDefend to be taken out because it doens't play towards your strategy is not a strong argument.

Kiljox

Post by Kiljox »

Faust wrote:This topic has been argued numerous times.

Please reread my orignial post. You obviously missed my argument.

Era Accurate isn't my concern.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Kiljox wrote:

I'm sorry Kiljox, that's what this shard is about.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Kiljox wrote:

There is no argument here.

The front page on the web site clearly states the goals of this shard in developing an era accurate t2a shard. This feature is accurate to the era and it will not change no matter what concern that anyone here has. This feature may seem "wrong" or "unbalanced" to you, but this may not be the case to another individual(s) that played this particular era.

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

I agree with respect to accuracy. Work around this issue if it concerns you :)

Eaglestaff

Post by Eaglestaff »

On era accuracy:

Shards die because they don't have a clearly stated rule set philosophy or they have one but then don't stick to it. How many "T2A" shards have (you) played before? Over time UOSA is going to siphon players off other shards because these players are fed up with fickle and unreliable policy and rule making. Ironically shards tend to die because they achieve their goals. There is a tendency that once a shard achieves a strong player base that the admin begins to cater to the whims of any particular sector of the community that make threats/demands/ultimatums. The people who choose to play this shard will stay because they know what they are going to get and they can count on the admin to stick to its principles which are clearly stated. The players need to know that their investment is secure before they will commit their time and energy. At UOSA players know that tomorrow when they wake up the shard is going to be what it is supposed to be. In this way "era accuracy" is not only a design plan but a built in insurance policy that the players can rely on.

This raises the question however that what if this shard achieves fully this mythical "era accuracy" - this fabled recreation of an experience that happened in the past; what then? Is there nothing subject to negotiation? It will be interesting to see. I'm hoping this shard grows and grows and hopefully one day we'll have that problem.

IM FKING CRAZY-

You mentioned some interesting statistics about unique IPs and server populations and suggested that the shard has been on the decline in support of your "get rid of the autodefend" argument. I curios about some hard stats on the history of the shards population from its inception. I don't see those kind of historical stats anywhere. Ive only been here since February.
Last edited by Eaglestaff on Tue May 12, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The shard started to decline when those enormous recast delays that was inaccurate were patched in here in the last month...

That patch made pvp beyond horrible and hardly fun at all. There are a lot of pvper's out there that are simply waiting it out until they are fixed knowing that this will be the case very soon. I am one of those people and there are a lot more that I know of too... Auto defend has been active for several, and I mean several, months now. It had absolutely nothing to do with the decline in population. Statistically the population has increased two fold since its inception.

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

Faust wrote:The shard started to decline when those enormous recast delays that was inaccurate were patched in here in the last month...

That patch made pvp beyond horrible and hardly fun at all. There are a lot of pvper's out there that are simply waiting it out until they are fixed knowing that this will be the case very soon. I am one of those people and there are a lot more that I know of too... Auto defend has been active for several, and I mean several, months now. It had absolutely nothing to do with the decline in population. Statistically the population has increased two fold since its inception.
I agree whole-heartedly. I haven't stopped playing but have noticed less guild-mates around lately, especially the ones that are really into PvP.