Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Topics related to Second Age
maceone

Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Post by maceone »

Looking for anyone who played on Atlantic Shard before T2 and when T2 first came out...I still have my Mini Guide book that came with the T2 package ..I also still have the cloth map and uo pin that came with the original Uo after beta..I was a companion in 1999 and had to stop after my son was born..My account is still active..Its over 130 months...Still have my original house placed when Trammel(Barneyland) was introduced....LOOKING FOR OLD FRIENDS FROM OLD GUILD AND OPPOSING GUILDS..Anyone from Uv,God,CC,Etc....Plz get in touch with me..Im so happy when i read about this shard..The way things were and should have stayed before all the Osi politics came about that ruined the game for many of us..Thx!!

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Post by Hicha »

I played for awhile, think my char name was Leif in guild Berserk on atlantic
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Shun'Ja

Post by Shun'Ja »

I played on Atlantic from day one. I was Ferris Bueller and hung around with a guy named Tigerhell for a few years. We were pretty well known by people that hung in Vesper.

Yorgoff

Post by Yorgoff »

I played Atlantic from late 98 ...My account is still active...Just cant seem to get the nerve to close it
My chars were Woody Woodpecker...GM smith/carp
Gilligan..Mage
Primative Pete...Gatherer
My original house was by Ice Dungeon entrance...DOOM was my nieghbor to the East..Remat was my "friendly" nieghbor to the north
My Son played a Character named LaZ
I had characters in "O-O" guild
Maximillion Xanti was GM ...His account is still active too I believe

Corwin

Post by Corwin »

I played Atlantic from '97 up until late '98. I was most always in Wind and was one of the founders of the Wind Elders guild.

Hiram
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hiram »

97-01ish, Corwin, I think i remember you (Corwin of Amber or something right?)

Main char was Raistlin, hung out with the likes of Biohazard, Mirt, Azazel, Defiler, Sir Kane and others.

Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Hiram wrote:97-01ish, Corwin, I think i remember you (Corwin of Amber or something right?)

Main char was Raistlin, hung out with the likes of Biohazard, Mirt, Azazel, Defiler, Sir Kane and others.
Yep, Corwin of Amber. I had a friend with the same name who started up at almost the exact same time but stuck around on ATL for much longer. He joined the Lost Order of Akalabeth (LOA) if you remember those guys or perhaps you remember him?

I was always in Wind with folks like Phroge, Trane, Malek, Kali (aka Lady Jeffrey), Dara of Amber, Grant, Frodo, Snow/Soulcry, Darko Prime, Louthan, Bilbo, Ray Finkle, Daniel (Azazel on Sonoma), Enock, Highlander, TigressKat, Niuerb, LazyLightning, etc.

We started out hanging out on the Brit Bank roof, but then moved off to Moonglow to avoid the learn-by-watching crowds, and then went on to Nujel'm when that got overcrowded. Phroge was one of the guys who used to hang out around the Brit Mage shop and used to scribe spell books and scrolls for everybody. Everyone who hung out with him ended up learning some scribe thanks to LBW and a little side venture was making and supplying EQ scrolls for the Covetous battles. We eventually discovered Wind as a cool place that didn't let the riff raff in (72 skill) and was fairly well protected and defensible as we farmed monsters for gold and raised skills.

Other then that we didn't concern ourselves much with what went on outside of Wind except for some excursions to Trinsic to deal with the TB (Trinsic Borrowers) who eventually gained 72 magery and started hassling us. I was also friends with the GM of the KGM (Kindler Gentler Murderers) from the UO newsgroup. WE was basically a neutral guild and didn't go out looking to fight anyone who didn't attack us first.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

I played for a while under the name RedJump, and for a short while had a character named BlueJump.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

cklabyrinth

Post by cklabyrinth »

I played Baja during t2a, got pissed when precasting was removed and sold my account, but couldn't stay away for long. I started on Atlantic about mid 2000 and played until late 2001 or so. Name was Greed. I ended up joining acid, ran by an old member of Covetous Crew, I believe. Had to duel him to get in at first, which was incredibly hard to get a kill without precasting. He didn't even have a weapon skill I don't think; I had archery. From there I went on to Farmers and Tailors, and Descendents of Darkness in pretty much every game since then.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Corwin wrote: Yep, Corwin of Amber. I had a friend with the same name who started up at almost the exact same time but stuck around on ATL for much longer. He joined the Lost Order of Akalabeth (LOA) if you remember those guys or perhaps you remember him?
I have fond memories of being all up in LOA's biz as their clearing was SW of ours. I also remember Clan Moor being directly south of our clearing and receiving alot of death from our side. STC was another that was (kinda) close... down east past the yew crypts. We destroyed them quite often as well.

Swiftkill

Post by Swiftkill »

Ahhh the good ole days of Atlantic... :lol:

I was a member of a guild called The Pluggers back then. Fought a many PK guilds in the early days.

Can't remember when we "offically" left, but it was when EQ started so I'm guessing 99?

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

I played Atlantic from day one. Ran with TW and SSJ mainly, name was Sabatage. When t2a came out i usually PKed around the vesper gy entrance t2a side and of course ran dungeons(mainly deciet) with the red crews
Yorgoff wrote:I played Atlantic from late 98 ...My account is still active...Just cant seem to get the nerve to close it
My chars were Woody Woodpecker...GM smith/carp
Gilligan..Mage
Primative Pete...Gatherer
My original house was by Ice Dungeon entrance...DOOM was my nieghbor to the East..Remat was my "friendly" nieghbor to the north
My Son played a Character named LaZ
I had characters in "O-O" guild
Maximillion Xanti was GM ...His account is still active too I believe
good ole Remat, i dont think he had to many friends

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

played here for a little bit. made a char an immediately made friends with a guy named Howard. he was in some pk guild, i cant remember. some people might remember Howard tho, ive talked to a few people. once arirang came out me and him jumped over there and got a house just above empath abbey. he quit a week later. i went back to europa.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I played Atlantic as BEELZABUB and Pablo San. My brother was Zylo. I spent most of my time in Vesper, Buc's, Minoc, Deceit and the Blood Elementals.

I remember Howard, he was in Lady Kitana's guild. I also of course remember my tempestuous relationship with Remat, and I also remember going from the friends to the enemies list with Corwin of Amber (if I recall, I helped Snow whom I also knew).

I also remember fighting some Pluggers in Northern Minoc, but I remember seeing Big Taco and Ninja Resolute take out Plug, Skyblade and several others with energy bolts. My real life neighbor was GOATMAN, so I am sure if you were a plugger, you fought these folks.

I also remember that ACiD guild -- only guy I remember well was "Mike," who was a cool guy.

Shout outs to TW, CC, SSJ and TB.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Wow, I said "I also remember" 50 times in that post.