Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Topics related to Second Age
Dirty Old Bill

Re: Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Post by Dirty Old Bill »

I played Atlantic since launch..was in Thieves of the Night (ToN) guild..Played with a guy named STICKY FINGERS and a few others...
my names were Dirty Old Bill, Sneaky Pete, Abbadai S'Dartha and a few other gimps. :lol:

alatar

Post by alatar »

Atlantic represent..

I didn't have a "famous" char name on Atlantic, I didn't care much about reputation. Spent most of time around the Chaos Shrine dueling, mainly with Death Fighter, Goku, and a few others. I didn't really get into the PvP scene a lot until factions came out, I was always caught up trying to GM Skills, this was back before I knew how to effectively raise everything, lol..

I had a personal grudge against "Stinky Bunny". I could never kill the speed hacking bitch, but it was definitely worth a try.. Factions came out and I spent a fair amount of time trying to take over Shadowlords with Kaiser & Atl's Finest..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Played from Aprilish '99 to about Jan '00.
Main character was a GM BS/Miner/Tailor named BLACKsmith
Also played on a thief named The GoldenChild and my never completed was going to be PvP mage BLACKmagic.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

I had a few characters...

Gurny 7x Provo, Music, Magery, Eval, Resist, Med, Wrestle
In Nox 7x Mage, Inscript, Eval, Med, Wrestle, Poison, Resist
Durnik 7x Fencing, Macing, Anat, Heal, Tactics, Resist
Jesus Christo 6x BSing, Tailoring, Alchemy, Carp, Mining, Bowcraft, mage/ljing 50/50

Was in a guild called Green Knights [GK] which was an order guild that based out of Skara Brae, later made my own guild First Church of Britannia...mainly I hung around North Forge in brit and on Jesus and crafted.

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Einstien / Scar. Played UO until sometime after T2A. Cashed out twice for a few thousand off of placed house, then stopped playing somewhere around 1999.

Kith
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kith »

I played ATL 97-01 I had a vendor shop on Mag beach name was Kith-Kanan, also knew most of the CC and DaBoyz.
Kith-Mart - Save Money. Live Better.
Brokers of Britannia [B*B]
Kith's Real Estate Mediation Services (KREMS)

Charon

Post by Charon »

Late '97 till about '03 when i started playing freeshards

Charon Graz'zt (one of the original DP Dexers...even before it was good, had it for the assassin title)
Zero

Ran with -X- west of brit and then later with ROJ, cant believe no one as mentioned Greybeard the butt naked avenger...used to love that guy around the brit gy

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

I remember STICKY FINGERS, he was pretty notorious on Atlantic. I was Mirage, and Syntax Ultra. CC and DaBoyz we're good pvp guilds.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Kdog77

Post by Kdog77 »

Charon wrote:Late '97 till about '03 when i started playing freeshards

Charon Graz'zt (one of the original DP Dexers...even before it was good, had it for the assassin title)
Zero

Ran with -X- west of brit and then later with ROJ, cant believe no one as mentioned Greybeard the butt naked avenger...used to love that guy around the brit gy
I remember you Charon, and your dp kryss! :lol:

My pvp chars were Ken Kesey & Nazgul. Ran with a lot of the -X- crew & joined the stone here & there to help in guild wars. Kalum Horn & I had a tumultuous relationship so some days I was welcome to help & others we just killed each other. :D

I was in RMF for quite a while, which formed after -X- broke up. Man Of War was the GM, we had about 15 members & well over 100 wars. That was the hayday of guild wars & probably my favorite era. Nazgul was a parry dexer & I had a one man order guild. Used to love taking on gank squads with him, as not too many folks had gm parry way back, & it made you a friggin tank, gm resist didn't hurt either. I think my proudest moment was making it to #2 on the bounty board with Ken Kesey before finally dying & deleting him. #2 was the best I could do as #1 was a tinker with 239753794576345 kills, so I was pretty happy with that lol.

Great times & memories. I just joined here yesterday & I'm all pumped to get going again, played on other freeshards sporadically, but this seems like the best T2a replica I've seen. If any of you old Atlantic peeps are recruiting or anything let me know, once I get set up I definitely want to knock off the pvp rust.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

I played Atlantic for most of those years. Was a member of LOA, and main characters were Theograd and Alavon Highwind. Best memory I can think of right now was Lord British visiting the LOA village. I found him randomly walking through the woods on his way there. Huge turnout, once word spread. Pretty much all of LOA, Ebon Skull, and a few other guilds showed up. One guy yelled something like "Death to tyranny" or something, and went to attack him. He pretty much made it one step before fifty or so people killed him. Good times.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Theograd wrote:I played Atlantic for most of those years. Was a member of LOA, and main characters were Theograd and Alavon Highwind. Best memory I can think of right now was Lord British visiting the LOA village. I found him randomly walking through the woods on his way there. Huge turnout, once word spread. Pretty much all of LOA, Ebon Skull, and a few other guilds showed up. One guy yelled something like "Death to tyranny" or something, and went to attack him. He pretty much made it one step before fifty or so people killed him. Good times.
Our guild (MHK) lived in the adjacent NE clearing (Biohazard, Raistlin, Azazel, Mirt, maybe Lockjaw? etc.) from LOA. We harassed and killed you guys all the time. Clan moor lived in the adjacent SE clearing who we also harassed and killed. Serpents Cross Tavern was directly North. Another crew we harassed frequently was STC.. They were directly East for quite a walk past the catacombs and what not in a small little peninsula/bay area (Pegasus Bay?). If only I could go back in time....

edit: I think our guild might have been called TSD (The Silken Dagger) at the time.
Last edited by Biohazard on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Mirage wrote:I remember STICKY FINGERS, he was pretty notorious on Atlantic. I was Mirage, and Syntax Ultra. CC and DaBoyz we're good pvp guilds.
I vaguely remember some of these names, but I can't remember why.

saltyclappers

Post by saltyclappers »

Aww snizzy! I remember Atlantic like it was yesterday. I played with CC, TR, AoD... I know they are mixed up. Plug was a for sure faggot and so were all the rest of The Pluggers. LLTS was huge and ate my dick on Tuesdays. Hmmm... some of the people I played with... BrainS, Seoman Snowlock, James Kernal... damn.. Lan Mandragoran... I cant remember very well.... Ohh well. Those were good times. Hawthorne of The Regulators I met once in RL, cause he lived like 3 minutes from me.

Remember that awesome "xploit" where if you wore a fancy shirt you wouldn't take fireball damage! Muwahahahaha!
<Bongy> runnin around on mares actin like yall dont die the only reason crew can run like that is the real pvpers allow it

Image ...I win!

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

I remember stealing a "Sword inscribed with the letter Q" from a GM-led event unique to Atlantic, banking it in the confusion that followed it's disappearance, and selling it a year later on ebay.

Nothing like server-wide rares to bring out the cash-heavy, commonsense-light ebay shoppers.

Grim

Post by Grim »

I played atlantic for a while was in a few different guilds

Char names were Death/GaPPa/Fogerty/Skiffle ShanKs/Slim Shady

Was mostly in TW - The Wretched
was also in S!S Sooky sooky! / EB Evil Bastages was in those guilds for a short time and was also in a few other guilds for a short time i really dont remember some of them :}

I played upto the stupid artifacts and bullshit I had the first 6x 120 Mage char with 120 resist/eval/magery/med/wrestle/anatomy not to proud of myself for sticking around that long but it was kinda fun to get those skills and obtain the scrolls for that shit