Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Topics related to Second Age
Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Post by Biohazard »

Grim wrote:I played upto the stupid artifacts and bullshit I had the first 6x 120 Mage char with 120 resist/eval/magery/med/wrestle/anatomy not to proud of myself for sticking around that long but it was kinda fun to get those skills and obtain the scrolls for that shit
Just curious... but how do you know that you were the first?

Grim

Post by Grim »

Biohazard wrote:
Grim wrote:I played upto the stupid artifacts and bullshit I had the first 6x 120 Mage char with 120 resist/eval/magery/med/wrestle/anatomy not to proud of myself for sticking around that long but it was kinda fun to get those skills and obtain the scrolls for that shit
Just curious... but how do you know that you were the first?
Um because i did it very shortly after they release the power scrolls there was a few people that were very close lots had 5x 120 but short on resist(took forever) most people stopped at 115 resist and i was insanely rich at the time so i bought all the scrolls needed within a cpl days and non stopped worked on them. There was a few 6x 120 dexers and other style chars that beat me to being the first 6x 120 character. and I knew alot of the pvp'rs and playerbase at that time so that kinda helped on me knowing

Desto

Post by Desto »

I played from the beginning on Atlantic. My main was Desto. Also played Roric. We had a house and friend with a tower named Calabar Warthorn down in the swamp below Skara. Would love to hook up with anyone from those days. I'm new to the Second Age shard and am looking for a good guild that isn't full of "L33T P33PS"

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Grim wrote:I played atlantic for a while was in a few different guilds

Char names were Death/GaPPa/Fogerty/Skiffle ShanKs/Slim Shady

Was mostly in TW - The Wretched
was also in S!S Sooky sooky! / EB Evil Bastages was in those guilds for a short time and was also in a few other guilds for a short time i really dont remember some of them
Oh yea, S!S, I was in that guild at one point too, I think.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Grim wrote:Um because i did it very shortly after they release the power scrolls there was a few people that were very close lots had 5x 120 but short on resist(took forever) most people stopped at 115 resist and i was insanely rich at the time so i bought all the scrolls needed within a cpl days and non stopped worked on them. There was a few 6x 120 dexers and other style chars that beat me to being the first 6x 120 character. and I knew alot of the pvp'rs and playerbase at that time so that kinda helped on me knowing
lol... its just funny you are claiming this when there are thousands of people.. all of which you apparently knew inside and out as far as stats and skills.

Grim

Post by Grim »

Biohazard wrote:
Grim wrote:Um because i did it very shortly after they release the power scrolls there was a few people that were very close lots had 5x 120 but short on resist(took forever) most people stopped at 115 resist and i was insanely rich at the time so i bought all the scrolls needed within a cpl days and non stopped worked on them. There was a few 6x 120 dexers and other style chars that beat me to being the first 6x 120 character. and I knew alot of the pvp'rs and playerbase at that time so that kinda helped on me knowing
lol... its just funny you are claiming this when there are thousands of people.. all of which you apparently knew inside and out as far as stats and skills.

Wow one of those people... I did it in a short enough time that was a very small chance for anyone to beat me to it especially with the resist part that was very hard to do. and when I did announce that was 6x120 no one else had claimed that they had done it yet either most people were in shock that i did it in a few weeks

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Grim wrote:Wow one of those people... I did it in a short enough time that was a very small chance for anyone to beat me to it especially with the resist part that was very hard to do. and when I did announce that was 6x120 no one else had claimed that they had done it yet either most people were in shock that i did it in a few weeks
Yes, I am a skeptic about anything. The claim you make is just far out there when it's not like you asked every single person or even had a connection to the entire OSI UO community. I'm willing to bet you weren't the first. In any case with anything you do, and I don't mean you specifically, there is always someone who does it better or faster.

Now you are just trying to justify why you think so with things like "short enough time" and "No one else said they did when I asked".. when you really have no idea whether or not you were in fact the first person to do so.

Grim

Post by Grim »

Biohazard wrote:
Grim wrote:Wow one of those people... I did it in a short enough time that was a very small chance for anyone to beat me to it especially with the resist part that was very hard to do. and when I did announce that was 6x120 no one else had claimed that they had done it yet either most people were in shock that i did it in a few weeks
Yes, I am a skeptic about anything. The claim you make is just far out there when it's not like you asked every single person or even had a connection to the entire OSI UO community. I'm willing to bet you weren't the first. In any case with anything you do, and I don't mean you specifically, there is always someone who does it better or faster.

Now you are just trying to justify why you think so with things like "short enough time" and "No one else said they did when I asked".. when you really have no idea whether or not you were in fact the first person to do so.

God you are annoying the day powerscrolls started I non stopped checked every trade forum possible out there doing searches on the web to find powerscrolls for sale that i needed everytime i got one the skill started immiediatly i was 6x 120 in under 3 weeks and that was non stop sitting on a boat doing 8x8 all day and night like i said resist was the hardest thing sitting on a boat with 4 people summoning deamons for days and days to get 120 resist when i reached my cap I posted it on many forums and made my guild title with something regarding to being a 6x 120 mage and got very shocking responses from people I DID NOT KNOW SITTING AT BANKS AND PVPRS wondering HOW IN THE HELL DID I DO IT SO FAST!!!! ESPECIALLY THE RESIST SKILL!!!!! there were many people with 120 magery/eval/med before me i knew that and i did follow those characters on myuo to see if I was behind or ahead of them and some were ahead of me but lacking resist due to just giving up on it due to it taking forever to gain .1 in the skill. The odds of someone beating me to obtaining the 120 resist was very unlikely so i am done with this I do not have to prove my point to some scrub that I dont know I will not respond to anymore of your post on this thread.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Grim wrote:God you are annoying... so i am done with this I do not have to prove my point to some scrub that I don't know I will not respond to anymore of your post on this thread.
Lol, don't get too mad that I don't just buy everything people say. Sorry it bothers you so much I don't believe you. You sound like a BS'er. Like I said there were so many people that played that the chances of you being the "one" is pretty damn low. I merely asked how you knew and you got all snooty on your first response to me for even having the audacity to question such an epic beast on the shard of Atlantic. Then you added a bunch of fluff to make it sound more believable. Great fairy tale.

yakkabakka

Post by yakkabakka »

was on Atlantic from late 98 until shortly after trammel, three mains were
yakkabakka, zhaowiedee, and jojo mostly lived in jhelom in a guild s*k and spent most time hunting destard and terathan

Satan-TB

Post by Satan-TB »

Hi Scar!

Oh man, I about died laughing when I saw Corwin of Amber talking about us like we weren't pvpers.

Thief mages were the ownage, especially during the archery days of T2A.

And the fact that we scared the shit out of just about anyone we didn't know outside of Trinsic and Wind.

I think the best times though, were when guild wars first went live and it was us vs. The Pluggers, XH, and...that one queer guild with 'dragon' in their name. Man, there were bodies everywhere in town from blues trying to loot guild warring people....so many houses looted <3
Satan of the Trinsic Borrowers - Old School Atlantic '97-'01

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Oh yes, Trinsic Borrowers was good times, like when Chrae crashed the server by releasing the thousands of slimes he had created in his house into Trinsic, back when they used to split in two. Where is Bickmat these days?

We were wondering where Drako Prime might be these days, it would be great if he showed up.

But yes, Trinsic Borrowers was a lot of fun in the era of the Thief/Mage/Archer template being very viable against the legions of total noobs and 56k connections.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

LoL @ Grim raging over being the first 6x 120.......
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Einstein, did you play as "Einstein" on Atlantic? I remember once, you offered to watch over a duel I was about to have, and sure enough, the person I was fighting (I think this was in Moonglow) had a friend attack me mid-fight, and you healed me, and helped me kill at least one of them. If I recall, I didn't know you at all previous to that. Oh, and my char was BEELZABUB.

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Actually it was Einstien but yea.