Voting for UOSA (2016 Update)

News and Announcements
Caranthir

Re: Publicizing the Server and helping players find us

Post by Caranthir »

srsly let's not bring 4chan down on UOSA; keep the pedobaer in the closet.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

REDDIT.COM (very similiar to digg)

Create account, goto the 'gaming' subredit and post comments on stories that have to do with rpgs/etc. Make sure you reply to a comment that's towards the top of the screen so more people see it.

Just be careful, reddit readers are savvy and will bury your comment if it looks like blatant spam for the site.

I made a comment in a post about morrowind last night, and got like four people to reply saying they'd check out the shard.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I was brought here randomly after seeing this site listed as a link on the Iris website that was posted on reddit. I talked this game up but realized soon after that it had a cut off date on this server and i guess i totally forgot how much i hated the old hally mage days. Poison mage days were worse tho so i'm ok here.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Does this communtiy have a myspace/facebook etc where you can link to people who are doing nothing right now but playing free application games?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

mrbojangles wrote:REDDIT.COM (very similiar to digg)

Create account, goto the 'gaming' subredit and post comments on stories that have to do with rpgs/etc. Make sure you reply to a comment that's towards the top of the screen so more people see it.

Just be careful, reddit readers are savvy and will bury your comment if it looks like blatant spam for the site.

I made a comment in a post about morrowind last night, and got like four people to reply saying they'd check out the shard.
That's insane because I came here because of YOUR post. I also downloaded Daggerfall to give it another whirl... stupid first dungeon!

I absolutely love this place. Haven't played any other free shards but wouldn't even think about trying after coming here.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

zzyzx wrote: That's insane because I came here because of YOUR post. I also downloaded Daggerfall to give it another whirl... stupid first dungeon!

I absolutely love this place. Haven't played any other free shards but wouldn't even think about trying after coming here.
Nice. Great to have you with us. Welcome to Second Age!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Tom Brady

Post by Tom Brady »

Hey there. Just joined the server, found you guys #1 on the UOG page. Happy to be aboard. I started playing in 1998, and was playing the Divinity T2A freeshard most recently but the population wasn't that great. It's awesome to see a nice community here. :)

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Made a uosa promo music video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1g6-4R9EY
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

for exm. this is a good place for this topic to be posted .. not every were.. love vids

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Chaos wrote:for exm. this is a good place for this topic to be posted .. not every were.. love vids
Chaos your the last person I would think to say something like that to be like the sheep that wander in line step two in line shame on you
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

how about something along the lines of a "help the shard grow week/month"
where if the site ranked up or got enough new visits on a particular voting site,
the users could log in to claim some kind of item like a bag or sash or whatever.
whole shard would be motivated and reminded to vote daily at least for the events duration,
and new players coming in to check it out would probably be encouraged as well.
rare that everyone can help everyone :lol:

there's a lot of sites out there that have a list of top free to play rpg's.
like this http://play-free-online-games.com/games/games_rpg.html
most of those games are AWFUL, and at best a half hearted copy of uo's great idea's.
getting on one of those might require a bit of tutorial type stuff, and making it clear
that uo is a pretty hardcore environment with risks. there's a couple games up there
where you actually drop items upon death: runescape, eternal lands. both of those
games are asking for money to get the full experience too. but i think a free to play list
having the server could bring a lot of new users.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

Ifrit

Post by Ifrit »

Good advertising, you helped me find the shard.
Great job from what I can see. Looks like im gonna make my once every 3 year UO restart again.
if theres any old friends -- PM me

-Ifrit

Faust

Post by Faust »

The one and ONLY The Dread Lord Ifrit!

Those that don't know this legend from Catskills he was a major figure over at PK-HQ and played a part in Pre:UOR related stuff.

Here is an article written by him here.

Welcome old friend, it's about time we add some competition to this shard if you know what I mean. :wink:

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Faust logs in for tournies and then logs out. I hope that if you start here , you actually play the other aspects of the game.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Return to “Shard News”