Welcome (Open Discussion)

Moderators: dvs, dren

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

historical links

Post by dren »

Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Hickory

Re: Open Trade Discussion

Post by Hickory »

Hickory Woodworker
Dwarves Smith

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Open Discussion

Post by dren »

bump merged "historical links" and "been away" and just the general coolness of having a general/open discussion area outside of IRC #MoB for guildies and other people on UOSA to come and ask questions/etc.

If your posts seem like they're missing they're really not, they're just moved here in to this thread (most likely to keep our forums neat). Also, I'll try not to censor or delete posts here (unless they are my own) when someone outside guild makes an inappropriate post... in the case your post deserves some kind of moderator attention/seems to be missing -- it is highly unlikely it has been deleted it has just been moved here to this thread.

Threads merged together so far: 10 (estimate, and 9/10 were my own threads/posts)
Inappropriate posts deleted: 1 (I don't remember exactly why I deleted but in the future I'll just move them here)

Thanks all!
Dren
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Fender
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Main Guild Listing Info

Post by Fender »

Im sorry if this is similar to my last post. Id like it to be more detailed for other guild members or anyone needing goods to get in contact with us. Very simply, post:
Main Guild Char / Alts(in the guild only, if any) / Forum Name / Irc Name

Fender / Gibson / Fender / Fender

If I havent friended any guildies yet, please friend me, thank you.

Fender

Cattie B

Re: Main Guild Listing Info

Post by Cattie B »

Main Guild Char / Alts(in the guild only, if any) / Forum Name / Irc Name

Jack / none / Cattie B / Cattie

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Main Guild Listing Info

Post by dren »

Guys & gals we already have an extremely similar threads going in open discussion, in the vendor thread, and in the taxes thread. I'm gonna merge this into open discussion since this is for everyone:

dren / dren (see sig) / dren / dren

Future character listings can follow the format fender outlined.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Guild Character Listing & Open Discussion

Post by Zelek Uther »

Main Guild Char / Alts (in the guild only, if any) / Forum Name / IRC Name

Zadok Uther / (none) / Zelek Uther / Zelek_Uther
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guild Character Listing & Open Discussion

Post by dren »

Heres a cool link Im going to come back to later.... needing to close some browser windows
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/g ... hhmptn.asp

Also no reason to do more character listing here lets juts have open discussion.

Thanks.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

More neat history

I quote "From these we learn that each guild was presided over by one or two aldermen assisted by two or four wardens or échevins. These officials presided over the meetings of the society and administered its funds and estates. They were assisted by a council of twelve or twenty-four members. The guildsmen were originally the actual burgesses, those inhabitants who held land within the town boundaries, whether they were merchants or holders of agricultural land; but in course of time rights of membership passed by inheritance and even by purchase.

The merchant guilds possessed extensive powers, including the control and monopoly of all the trades in the town, which involved the power of fining all traders who were not members of the guild for illicit trading, and of inflicting punishment for all breaches of honesty or offences against the regulations of the guild. They also had liberty of trading in other towns and of protecting their guildsmen wherever they were trading. They exercised supervision over the quality of goods sold, and prevented strangers from directly or indirectly buying or selling to the injury of the guild."

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07066c.htm

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Well, it's been a year since I posted in open discussion last. So Hello... anyone here?

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Dear UOSA,

We're back and active now!

We hope that our merchants can begin again to improve your experience in the lands of Britannia!

Best,
Dren

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Welcome (open discussion)

Post by dren »

I merged a lot of threads and locked topics to clean up the forums for new content!

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Welcome back!
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

dvs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dvs »

Also back - when time allows

~ DVS

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Welcome back, dren!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.