Vesper orc invasion!

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Bixby Legbone

Vesper orc invasion!

Post by Bixby Legbone »

I had a blast when I logged in today to discover Vesper was overrun with monsters. I saw ancient wyrms, titans, cyclops, orc berserkers (super tough), orc mages, trolls, orc lords, and regular orcs. There was so much chaos and I lost a dragon to the horde invasion. Thankfully I got some screenshots for posterity.

One of my guildmates looted a trophy from the event. Did anyone else happen to get one?

Dyne

Re: Vesper orc invasion!

Post by Dyne »

great event, everyone should donate to UOSA to show our thanks, and maybe with the % of donations up this week/month, they will continue events. Let the money talk!!

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

definitely a step in the right direction!
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Invasion? More like a distraction! I had a lot of fun dipping my fingers into most of the participants' pockets. The majority of the loot I scavenged was from when a few of you died trying to mob the orcs near the fort before the Butcher spawned.

Unfortunately I rebound my screenshot button and didn't realize it until afterwards. Next time I won't be so careless. :)

Thank you kindly to the UOSA staff for putting this together.

^

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

If someone got a screenshot of the butcher please upload it here. I went there but didn't get to see him.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Waaaaat!? I missed this?!
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

This looks like it was a lot of fun, I'm bummed I missed it.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

It was tons of fun. Lots of players were here, and some people just died over and over. Someone got a boat and loaded it up with orc mages and sailed it over in my direction. That was my only death when they all casted on me at once. Made quite a bit of gold from collecting the loot too.

Metastasis

Post by Metastasis »

THIS is exactly what makes people WANT to be on the shard! Keep it up and make everyone sorry they weren't on for the events ;)

My advice, mix it up with the event announcements. Like, event X happening at Xpm, or event happening Saturday (no specific time), etc. so sometimes people are hovering around the shard just waiting for the event to happen. My two cents. Love it!

Gork

Post by Gork »

AWESOME!!!! Things are looking good :O

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

Treysta wrote:Invasion? More like a distraction! I had a lot of fun dipping my fingers into most of the participants' pockets.

You Little Bastard.

I want my 25 SA back. :twisted:
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

Bixby Legbone wrote:

One of my guildmates looted a trophy from the event. Did anyone else happen to get one?

I got nothing of the sort.

When the sys/mess went out, I was preparing a TMap Run. Logged off the Carto and on the Bard.

TO VESPER !

I Always die at these events, at least once. *cough* Bradensux* cough* 'cause the Bard actually gets a loadout of Equip, making restocking a pain. Didn't die at all. I wasn't slacking or playing it safe either.. After 4 hours, my hands were shaking from the constant sawing. Provo..target next target.. grab bars for the next skill use...it was almost too much. Must have burned 300 ea reg in 3 restock trips plus Monster looted reg bags from dead players.

Now a small rant. I got nothing done today <till later> . I don't get to play much anymore. When I do get the chance to slag off and waste my life here, it's rare. .. and I'd like a small memento of the occasion.
A 0 point trophy would have been excellent. Screw silver. I wanted something to lock down in my house to remind me of why I still play UO 16 years later.

I jokingly asked in IRC for a participant ribbon. Ones like Vega got in gym class... ya know.
I don't think a sash with a title like... "Hero of Vesper 1/30/2014" would be that hard to whip up.
Not whining. Just an alternative to Silver/"trophies for logging in" kinda stuff. Wouldn't affect the economy or era accuracy... but still something for the players.

Great event though. Thx for whoever spent their time doing this for us. It was very well done.
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I spent the entire time there on my dexxer. It was fun.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Used Kotex wrote:I got nothing of the sort.

When the sys/mess went out, I was preparing a TMap Run. Logged off the Carto and on the Bard.

TO VESPER !

I Always die at these events, at least once. *cough* Bradensux* cough* 'cause the Bard actually gets a loadout of Equip, making restocking a pain. Didn't die at all. I wasn't slacking or playing it safe either.. After 4 hours, my hands were shaking from the constant sawing. Provo..target next target.. grab bars for the next skill use...it was almost too much. Must have burned 300 ea reg in 3 restock trips plus Monster looted reg bags from dead players.

Now a small rant. I got nothing done today <till later> . I don't get to play much anymore. When I do get the chance to slag off and waste my life here, it's rare. .. and I'd like a small memento of the occasion.
A 0 point trophy would have been excellent. Screw silver. I wanted something to lock down in my house to remind me of why I still play UO 16 years later.

I jokingly asked in IRC for a participant ribbon. Ones like Vega got in gym class... ya know.
I don't think a sash with a title like... "Hero of Vesper 1/30/2014" would be that hard to whip up.
Not whining. Just an alternative to Silver/"trophies for logging in" kinda stuff. Wouldn't affect the economy or era accuracy... but still something for the players.

Great event though. Thx for whoever spent their time doing this for us. It was very well done.

Your name is in one of my screenshots! I kept laughing every time I saw a used kotex provoking monsters.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Bixby Legbone wrote:
Used Kotex wrote:I got nothing of the sort.

TO VESPER !

Your name is in one of my screenshots! I kept laughing every time I saw a used kotex provoking monsters.
Bloody hilarious.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.