Fall Festival, 2014 House Decor Contest

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Apocalypse

Re: Fall Festival, 2014 House Decor Contest

Post by Apocalypse »

The Bachelor Pad

For the young bachelor, what says “fall” better than lounging in your favorite chair watching football? With your pigskin close by, you’ll feel like part of the game as you watch it on your 72” flat-screen. Take the snap and step back for that Hail Mary to win the game!

This fine pad boasts a conservative display of seasonal gourds, pumpkins, and a decorative sheaf of hay that tells the ladies that you’ve got a festive attitude without being so over-the-top that your buddies start calling you Martha Stewart. A fine holiday ham is on hand for mid-game snacking and Halloween candy is ready for trick-or-treaters. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the game!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Apocalypse wrote:The Bachelor Pad

For the young bachelor, what says “fall” better than lounging in your favorite chair watching football? With your pigskin close by, you’ll feel like part of the game as you watch it on your 72” flat-screen. Take the snap and step back for that Hail Mary to win the game!

This fine pad boasts a conservative display of seasonal gourds, pumpkins, and a decorative sheaf of hay that tells the ladies that you’ve got a festive attitude without being so over-the-top that your buddies start calling you Martha Stewart. A fine holiday ham is on hand for mid-game snacking and Halloween candy is ready for trick-or-treaters. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the game!

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... 88f715.png
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... 1bd8a8.png
Looks... unoriginal. Almost like someone has done something very, very similar to this... before you...

I'm struggling here, any suggestions?

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Capitalist wrote:Looks... unoriginal. Almost like someone has done something very, very similar to this... before you...

I'm struggling here, any suggestions?
Sheesh, Vega. Are you butthurt by my grabbing that deed at bongy's tower or something? Thanks for your criticism.

There's only so many things you can do with house deco on UO. I've never seen a TV in any deco before so I thought that was pretty original. Although, there are many creative people out there so I wouldn't be surprised if something like this was done before, somewhere.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

One painting on the wall... a plant... candy on tables... fur... a couch... tables on the side of it.... I'm just saying it's a repeat of my submission on the second page. I don't care about a pixel deed, don't be petty and classless. I do care about you knocking off my idea in a competition though. You literally added one thing to my idea, color scheme and all.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Capitalist wrote:One painting on the wall... a plant... candy on tables... fur... a couch... tables
These are all common items used in house deco. My couch is red because I happened to have a red chest. I don't have a furniture dye tub. All the furniture that is dyed is taken from items I had on hand. The only item that I added based on your submission was the ham, because I thought you had a good idea with that. The rest was built by hand prior to viewing any of the other submissions. But thanks for immediately dumping on my entry.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I've seen almost none of those items in every other submission thus far. You can chalk it up to coincidence if you want.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Just looked at your second entry. Honestly, aside from the color of the couch, I'm not seeing why you would think mine is a copy.

Sorry, Boomland, I'll quit posting. Just didn't appreciate my entry being immediately criticized. :(

JessieKJepsen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JessieKJepsen »

Apocalypse wrote:Just looked at your second entry. Honestly, aside from the color of the couch, I'm not seeing why you would think mine is a copy.
Sorry, Boomland, I'll quit posting. Just didn't appreciate my entry being immediately criticized. :(
I'll add some positive to your submission!

I love the big screen TV :)

looks like a cozy house :)

Markus

Post by Markus »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Cider Press! What better way to celebrate fall than turning some of your harvest into booze? Come stop by for a tasting!
Attachments
Cider Press.jpg
Cider Press.jpg (81.99 KiB) Viewed 5339 times
Cider Press map.jpg
Cider Press map.jpg (23.03 KiB) Viewed 5339 times

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

The Gun Powder Plot

I recently aquired a small house just outside the Cove Gate. Eager to meet the neighbours I knocked on a few doors and introduced myself but despite my best efforts have never been able to catch the owner of the small house next door.

Earlier this week I heard a loud bang in the night! so loud it shook the very floor boards below me. I was sure it came from next door but decided to wait until morning to investigate as I had also heard reports of an orc camp nearby.

In the morning I ventured next door and tried knocking again - no answer. I decided to try to get a look inside so peered in through the side window. The place was a bit of a mess and there was a huge hole in the floor! what was going on here? - Just then I heard a noise from inside, it was all getting a little too spooky for me so I made my way home.

It was only once I arrived home it dawned on me what I had just witnessed...

This is the lair of Guy Fawkes.
The Gunpowder Plot.jpg
The Gunpowder Plot.jpg (91.2 KiB) Viewed 5329 times
Every night since I have heard noises from below. My mind may be playing tricks, I cannot be sure but I think he may be tunnelling towards Britain. This madman needs to be stopped before its too late!
Guy Fawkes.jpg
Guy Fawkes.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 5329 times

Harmer

The Pumpkin Kult

Post by Harmer »

The Pumpkin Kult can be found SE of Sakara Bare, about 2-3 screens west of the NEW keep.
Attachments
PK.png
PK.png (238.27 KiB) Viewed 5280 times

advanced1
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by advanced1 »

Small house contest

House Name: Past GM's house of Immurement
Attachments
contest.jpg
contest.jpg (80.94 KiB) Viewed 5260 times
contest2.jpg
contest2.jpg (80.84 KiB) Viewed 5260 times
contest3.jpg
contest3.jpg (90 KiB) Viewed 5083 times
Last edited by advanced1 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

Poisoned Halloween Candy Kitchen
The reason why there are no children in Sosaria.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

For those that missed it - the winner will be announced on Tuesday (tomorrow).
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

We had 7 people judge the entries for the Fall-themed small house decoration contest. Each judge was given a zip file of pictures (the picture file was named based on the Title you gave your house on the submission thread)

Each judge renamed the entry pictures with a number of 1 through 5 and returned a zip file of pictures to us. The houses with the highest scores were selected as the winners. The highest score any submission could receive was a 35.

Player names were not attached to entries, allowing the judges (non-UOSA players, but long term UO players) to go on purely what was depicted in the picture. In total we had 17 entries, but only 3 of them can be winners! Below we have our top 3 submissions, along with their titles and player names.

First Place - Reaper's Den
by Kali with a score of 31

Second Place - Cider Press
by Markus with a score of 27

Third Place - Poisoned Candy Halloween Kitchen
by TI_Smithy with a score of 26

The exclusive item is a scarecrow add-on for your house:

The following trophies + bags are for all 3 of the winners:

Congratulations to the winners. Please PM me on the forums to arrange pick up of your prizes.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.