The Gargoyle War

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

The Gargoyle War

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

After six long months, the Gargoyle War has come to an end! (June 28th, 2015)

As it's been announced in the Dark Secrets thread, one of Nate's plans was to start (revive?) a war between humans and gargoyles by summoning Lord Draxinusom, the current leader of the gargoyle army. Mayor Burnside of Minoc has verified the details exposed by LAW and The Core.

Table of Contents
1. A Call to Arms
2. Battle Plans: Justice, Sacrifice, and Spirituality
3. Incident at Vesper
4. Kill the Woodsmen!
5. Invaders of East Britain
6. Battle for Iver's Rounding
7. A Very Special Delivery
8. Sketches of the Valor Shrine
9. Serpent's Hold Under Siege
10. Defending Delucia
11. Finding Compassion
12. A Magical Barrier
13. Lord Draxinusom's Debut
14. Lord Draxinusom's Defeat

Story Summary
Lord Draxinusom, the Grand Inquisitor Gargoyle is seeking revenge against mankind for Lord British's banishment of the Gargoyle race. Using Shrines as points of invasion, Draxinusom's army has attacked the Shrine of Sacrifice, Spirituality, Justice, Humility, Honest, and Valor. With each Shrine invasion, came a town invasion following soon after. Vesper, Yew, Britain, Ocllo, Skara (Iver's), and Serpent's Hold have been invaded thus far. A Gargoyle Totem has been placed at each shrine that Britannians have defended successfully, preventing any additional attacks from occurring.

More Info:
All gargoyles that are part of "the invasion" spawners have some chance to spawn silver. Special gargoyles have chance of trophies (2-silver or 10-silver). These items may spawn before and/or after the death of the gargoyle. This keeps thieves relevant for the event but not as overpowered as they were in earlier events where invasion monsters carried their loot from spawn till death.

Each major invasion event has an Gargoyle Inquisitor. This monster is very strong and should be treated as a boss monster. So far they've been known to use high charged weapons, lethal poisoned weapons, a full array of spells and skills (including hide and stealth). The loot on these guys will vary due to luck but they are guaranteed to drop a few silver coins, at least one trophy, 5k+ gold, and at least one magical weapon and armor.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

DRUSK42

Re: The Gargoyle War

Post by DRUSK42 »

i know how to get under Lord British castle!

a swallow

Post by a swallow »

Whats next? Wait for them to attack?!? I found him but he doesn't want to fight at the moment.
[quote="Teriyl"] So wait, you're mad at swallow for stealing shit out of your castle that you mistakenly left unlocked? He's not my favorite person on the server, but damn Dyne, you can only be mad at yourself for that.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Please don't do it this weekend!! Mandatory girlfriend Christmas stuff is taking me out of town!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

a swallow wrote:Whats next? Wait for them to attack?!? I found him but he doesn't want to fight at the moment.
Players will have to reveal additional details before the war can begin (or by default, the war will begin at a later time)
Myrnae wrote:Please don't do it this weekend!! Mandatory girlfriend Christmas stuff is taking me out of town!
It isn't this weekend, the war will also last multiple days, so no fear, enjoy your holidays!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Blade Spirit

Post by Blade Spirit »

Draxinusom...

This reminds me of Ultima VI... old times...

Who were the other kings? I remember Valkadesh and there was another... hmm...

Well and also, the friendly gargoyle you could get in your party, Beh Lem I think it was :D

Old days...

Nice stuff guys :D

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Yea Ultima VI, glass swords :)

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Not a bright tactician that gargoyle. Tyrannical protocol should be to slay the red sandal'd messenger in horribly gruesome fashion as to not have him run back and warn Brittania...and slaying puny humans is just good times anyway.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Yeah, that dude looks gay.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

With the holiday season just about over, Lord British will be preparing his army for war.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

BLJ is so e-hawt.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

The Gargoyle Invasion has begun. Reports have said that Gargoyles have been found setting up camps in Britannia. Find and locate these camps and report back. The sooner they're found, the sooner Lord British can send out his troops to purge the land of these creatures.

Notes
* This is just an introductory to the event, but the event cannot begin without a proper player response.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

This is a Call to Arms! Prepare for War!

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

You da man Bix!
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

killaboy

Post by killaboy »

When does the fun start?

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

Return to “Shard Events”